Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
Feature request: Save the last played version of the game alongside the last played date.

Sometimes a game has an update but the version just changed from "0.17.6" to "0.17.8" which is a minor change and for certain games I'm only interested in major version changes. Having the last played version would be beyond great.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Feature request: Save the last played version of the game alongside the last played date.

Sometimes a game has an update but the version just changed from "0.17.6" to "0.17.8" which is a minor change and for certain games I'm only interested in major version changes. Having the last played version would be beyond great.
Version tracking is one of the biggest reason i use this tool

what i do is, dont check "downloaded" until you start playing (or finish) that version of the game. That way my "last downloaded" version is technically my "last played version".

And I keep a note for each game eg: 0.1 meaning wait till 1 major update or 0.0.3 meaning wait for atleast 3 minor updates for enough content to play. Then i just look at those 2 before i download, if the update is a minor one, ill just check "played", and have my games sorted by "played" status

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Anyone else experience the checker sometimes fails to notice completion status changes? A game got marked abandoned earlier today and I did a full refresh several times and even hours after, it still did not notice the game had been marked abandoned.

Only when I did a manual check on the game it did notice it was abandoned.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Anyone else experience the checker sometimes fails to notice completion status changes?
I think it needs to do a full recheck of the game to notice status changes. So unless it was 'queued' for one, standard refreshes wouldn't do it, but a manual one would.

Reactions: Nerro
Nov 13, 2017
Feature/QoL request: When adding an exe, don't show non .exe files? Would make it much easier and faster to find the files, and there's no reason I would be adding a DLL here...

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Feature/QoL request: When adding an exe, don't show non .exe files? Would make it much easier and faster to find the files, and there's no reason I would be adding a DLL here...
most likely won't be changed as you can add "custom" (non-f95) games where you can run any file. theres also html based games which im guessing you run with either a .bat or .html file? idk anyways. Not to mention .sh on linux aswell. Thats the price to pay for one-off file selection for that flexibility

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I think it needs to do a full recheck of the game to notice status changes. So unless it was 'queued' for one, standard refreshes wouldn't do it, but a manual one would.
So game status and things like new tags are not discovered from normal refreshes huh? How do i make a full recheck of everything?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
how can i add the extension on opera gx?
Open the Extensions Page (Either click the top-left "O" icon, select Extensions > Extensions, or press Ctrl-Shift-E, then drag the Chrome.zip file and drop it on the Page. You may need to turn on "Developer Mode" top right on the extension page, not sure coz I already had it turned on.
Then just click the extension in the toolbar and pin it or leave it in the dropdown

How does one add games to application to pick up that they are installed?
That's not how it works. F95Checker does not check your system for installed games. That box is for you to click and mark it as installed. Once you finish playing the game and need to wait for the next update, click the Played checkbox. If'n when F95Checker finds the game is updated here after a refresh, it'll invert the Installed checkbox.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
So game status and things like new tags are not discovered from normal refreshes huh? How do i make a full recheck of everything?
I wouldn't do a Full Recheck on everything every time you hit refresh. You could, by right-clicking the Refresh button and selecting it from the popup menu but it's ill advised, also check the "More Info" option on that popup menu, it explains how and why.

Before it used to go out and check every thread for every game you have, but the dev got asked by the forum admins to change this behaviour, as it placed an unwanted strain on the system the more popular this tool became. So now it only looks at the last-updated list for regular refreshes.

Every game has a ~7 day interval to get a full recheck automatically as stated in the before mention "More Info" screen, meaning that it's not done on a fixed day of the week for all games, but in ~7 day intervals, starting from the day the game was added.
So chance is very high it would be picked up in a few days after you noticed when the ~7day interval for this game passed. The forum itself even introduced a 2 week policy for game updates to be posted, so you wouldn't miss a thing anyways, only perhaps finding out a few days later...

Full recheck is best done only on single games (like newly added) either by right-click in the list on the game and select "Full Recheck" or opening its info screen and clicking the Recheck button

Last edited:

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I wouldn't do a Full Recheck on everything every time you hit refresh (you could, by right-clicking the Refresh button and selecting it from the popup menu but it's ill advised).

Before it used to go out and check every thread for every game you have, but the dev got asked by the forum admins to change this behaviour, as it placed an unwanted strain on the system the more popular this tool became. So now it only looks at the last-updated list for regular refreshes.

Every game has a ~7 day interval to get a full recheck automatically, starting from the day you added it, so chance is very high it would be picked up in a few days after you noticed when the ~7day interval for this game passed. The forum itself even introduced a 2 week policy for game updated to be posted, so you wouldn't miss a thing anyways, only perhaps finding out a few days later...

Full recheck is best done only on single games (like newly added) either by right-click in the list on the game and select "Full Recheck" or opening its info screen and clicking the Recheck button
So it won't tell me when a game is tagged "complete" outside a full recheck? Also I'm not sure what you mean by "The forum itself even introduced a 2 week policy for game updated to be posted", that is not true??

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
So it won't tell me when a game is tagged "complete" outside a full recheck?
I think you need to read back what you just wrote... A game doesn't get the complete tag without reason, it usually means there's an update that makes it complete... so you will notice...
The other statuses like on-hold and abandoned... those only will become visible on full rechecks, and so what that you find out perhaps a few days later through the checker than through the forum...
it's not like you're going to miss anything since there's no new content linked with these statuses. And regular game updates always show since the version changes, causing a full recheck anyways...

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "The forum itself even introduced a 2 week policy for game updated to be posted", that is not true??
Oh yes it is... read the forum rules, point 3

also, you might see this in a spoiler at the bottom of some game OP's...
One update per 2 weeks will be promoted.
-Bugfixes (major or minor) are not eligible for promotion.
-Updates from basic versions to more 'premium' or 'high-tier',
Which means that updates to a game will need to have at a minimum two weeks between releases, so in other words, the 7day cycle for a full recheck will not cause you to miss anything

Reactions: Nerro

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I think you need to read back what you just wrote... A game doesn't get the complete tag without reason, it usually means there's an update that makes it complete... so you will notice...
The other statuses like on-hold and abandoned... those only will become visible on full rechecks, and so what that you find out perhaps a few days later through the checker than through the forum...
it's not like you're going to miss anything since there's no new content linked with these statuses. And regular game updates always show since the version changes, causing a full recheck anyways...
Thank you, I understand now. I didn't realize that a game gets full re-check when new version number is found. You're right, there aren't really any good reason to do full rechecks regularly then. This is truly an amazing app :)

Reactions: FaceCrap

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Feature Request: get an alert when the Compressed section of the mirrors gets changed with new or updated links

Nov 22, 2021
Hey, how's it going Willy? I hope everything is going great.

I have a suggestion, I don't know if it has been commented before, if so my sincere apologies.
Would it be possible to create a column of the labels?

Thank you.

ipaqi

May 5, 2017
Hey, everyone, the problem is with the change to the website, and as far as I know, there's no way to fix this from your end as users. we basically have to wait for willy to fix it.

WillyJL , I have opened a bug in github on this -- Bug #69 (nice) -- and put in screenshots of the fixes I propose for this (I am currently running the tool from source code on my machine.

Hopefully the screenshots there can help you fix this quickly.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes