VN Ren'Py Abandoned Faction Paradox [v0.4] [AlistairV]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

AlistairV

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Once again, the convoluted flying "controls" need to go, they're not adding anything to this title.
Honestly I think I may just make it a one click thing.

Did the controls prevent you from reaching the end of the build or did you stop beforehand?

Reactions: dasLeif666

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I haven't issues with the flying controls. They're very easy.

jgjgjgjg

Oct 17, 2017
I'm not getting any special email to further plot in my inbox so cant do anything nice renders though

lucifer727

Jun 17, 2017
I like the art, I like the concept. You can tell this is in very early stage of design from repetitiveness of grinding scenes. Hope that changes. Idk about the control system, it's unique, but you have more obsolete buttons to click, and there's no risk/reward associated to it. Adding risk only is probably a bad idea though.

Infineon

May 5, 2017
Will have to wait till next patch. Can't even get out of the ship after first encounter (i guess after end of intro)

Chokel

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks man!

Yes I could definitely do Jenny. I just plan to focus on one girl at a time so that players can really get a feel of the slave training aspect instead of adding multiple girls like many games do.

But honestly I'm just glad that I get the chance to make this sort of game. I live for Doctor Who haha.
so how can i discipline liu in this update. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Just here to report a bug: Started up a new game in .3 and was following the walkthrough. However, your game treats "Chinatown" as "Area 51." It keeps saying that Liu has to be more expressive. I have no idea how to get past this.

muschi123

Dec 4, 2017
What an awesome looking game. I´m normally not a big fan of sci fi but this seems to be really nice. Only thing I would hope for are more illustrations, don´t like the one picture for 10 lines of dialogue, especially if other person enter the scene etc.

Elven_D

Sep 10, 2017
I posted a response on the other site you posted this on, but since it seems you're a bit more active on here I'll just quote it for you to make it easier.

TheUntitledOne said:
I think you have an interesting concept, but the execution is a bit scrambled.

Now I only got to tool around with it for 30 minutes, before I got booted back to the menu, but the issues are pretty jarring for anyone who isn't familiar with the system, as the entire system isn't explained all too well other than going to Victoria who is huddled away in the corner of the ship. The overall landing control system is overly complex, there's no need for it to be this way as it is just confusing for the player, and will just put off any new player; graphics could of course use work as well (Jumps between straight up art and what seems like 16 bit art is a bit unsettling), but there's no reason to feel bad about it as you are still early in development. At the moment the game seems to push you to explore your options as everything is really vague early on and your only mission is, "Get the manual from the girl." , but it seems most anything you try to do is rather pointless as a lot of your actions only add a tick to a number that doesn't seem to affect much else. I stopped playing the game after I flew the ship back to Chinatown only to get booted back to the main menu with no explanation as to what was done wrong. Overall, confusing and a minor bit frustrating, but like I said you still have a really interesting concept that not a lot of people have tried tackling before, and if you can address these issues and user friendliness to your game you'll have an amazing game and story on your hands.

Anyways,I'll be looking forward to future updates.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I really like the progressive pace the game is promising in corrupting the girls. Will there be multiple clothes here, with degrees of "slutification" for each piece of clothes (for ex like the cleavage thingy here)?
For the game itself, I think I'll wait for some releases before trying it again, it's really bare for now, but the idea can be great.

Pro
- The first main girl is really sexy without being ridiculously slutty, great design!
- The comedy is not overbearing, just the right amount from being dry to being too much.
- You feel the great potential from a slave/corruption game here!

Con
- Confusing menus
- The piloting is overly confusing too
- Good and bad actions should be really shown (like "public recognition", is it bad, good? What is the pro of a "serious lesson"?)
- Why not being able to choose clothing (rebutton her shirt for ex) instead of only being to make her show more cleavage? Choice is power!
- Why changing clothes only shows in one room? :(
- Kinda empty for now (but this is temporary)
- Music should be controllable using renpy menu

Reactions: AlistairV

AlistairV

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Hey guys! I've completely redone the controls to make the transportation instant.

This is for all of you who were unable to fully try the game out due to the piloting!

Reactions: Elven_D

AlistairV

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I posted a response on the other site you posted this on, but since it seems you're a bit more active on here I'll just quote it for you to make it easier.
Cheers a ton for the post mate!

Would you mind giving it another try now that I have uploaded a fixed version with one click controls?

Reactions: Elven_D

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
Great game @AlistairV. Only tried the fast-travel version, and it's best kept that way I think given how many nested menus there are-- the complexity seems just right as is.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

The jukebox is beautiful, great selections-- really adds to the atmosphere.

Reactions: AlistairV

Rōjin

Aug 12, 2017
Ehm i dont know if this is normal but every decision i have to make is like this
(if you cant see the image but all the text is only white, and is on the tardis console.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes