• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Completed Factions: Crystals of Control Demo [The Anax]

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well. This is interesting. I have to admit, when you said you were planning on making actual videogames, "Bejewelled clone" was not what I thought of. I'd at least give it a try, but it's windows only and doesn't play on wine. If it gets a multi-platform release, I'll give it a go.
What platform are you interested in? The Anax has already said there will be a Mac version (type mac in the search box on the upper right, click "Search this thread only").

There will be a version on Steam, so if Steam plays on wine, then maybe that version will work. As far as computers, all I know will be Windows and Mac. Maybe the iOS or Android version will work for you when we finish the project? I know nothing about the programming side, that's Blank's part, but I'll mention wine to him.
Steam supports Linux, and making a Linux version of a Unity game is fairly easy. You guys should do that too! :)

That said - this will PROBABLY run under Wine if you do the right thing. See my instructions for running Man of the House under wine here:

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you! Yes, I don't see why we would not or could not make as many versions of my planned video games as possible. The more souls I can bring into the dark folds of shadow- the better! MWA HA HA HA!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you! Yes, I don't see why we would not or could not make as many versions of my panned video games as possible. The more souls I can bring into the dark folds of shadow- the better! MWA HA HA HA!
Hey, you get it! Alright!

It blows my mind when I see Ren'Py games on Steam that only have Windows versions. That's just throwing away free money, because making a Mac version, or adding Linux support to the Windows version, is LITERALLY clicking a checkbox.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, my hope is that my patron will grow more, or once we are on Steam, I can finally make enough money to create these massive projects and still eat. I see no reason why we cannot have several versions. It does make sense and I am 100% ok with it. If it is as easy as you say for Blank to do, then, that is great! Thanks for the feedback!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yes, my hope is that my patron will grow more, or once we are on Steam, I can finally make enough money to create these massive projects and still eat. I see no reason why we cannot have several versions. It does make sense and I am 100% ok with it. If it is as easy as you say for Blank to do, then, that is great! Thanks for the feedback!
That "click a checkbox" was for Ren'Py, but Unity is still pretty easy. That video I linked earlier has Linux instructions too.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I am currently working on making a few adult renders for the release on Halloween, since some remarked it should have some adult content. If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Regardless of the version in which the game is, I believe it is mandatory to include a options menu.
Just a head's up, it took Blank a couple of days, but on top of me rendering naughty bits- he has added a basic options menu for Halloween release. It will allow for SFX and Music to be effected.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, this demo is COMPLETE!

Thanks for all the feedback and don't forget to check out all my other games or invest in me if you liked this! Enjoy this treat and have a happy Halloween!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Added completed tag since @The Anax stated the game demo is complete under change log
OFC added mirrors.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, sir! The demo should be "good enough" at this point to show people what we are wanting to make! Now, we just need to get the patreon high enough that I can pay to create it! lol

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I don't want to be this person, but I guess I'm going to be. I don't know if its because its still a demo, this is what i'm assuming it is, or something else, but scenes image wise don't really feel coherent. they change without really anything happening, and its gives off a bit of disappointment. Penetration scenes especially I feel need at least three pictures, if not more, with them (Pre-pen, penetration, and ejaculation, with a pullout being not necessary but extremely welcome). Of course this is just my opinion.

Otherwise the renders still look just as fantastic.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I don't consider you 'that person' it's ok. I won't be adding more to this demo for sure. I am finding some people do not know what proof-of-concept type stuff is, but it is merely a very basic, watered down version to show possible investors (aka Patreon patrons) a general idea of a game I want to make. This is NOT EVEN CLOSE to what my actual polished real game will be. It will hopefully generate some buzz and bring new people to either my other finished projects or to my patreon page. All in all, it should not be taken as an idea of a finished project.

In other words, to focus on your feedback, I can assure you that in the final game, the conversions will be far more polished. I also plan to hire voice actors and such as well. So, there will be more to it. As far as them not feeling coherent, I have made a guide that might help those unable to connect the dots, so to speak. Think of the current conversion scenes as storyboards.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
This is better than your previous version for sure, but a couple of notes:

Justine's Psychic Storm often makes it much easier for her opponent to execute their moves, so your punished for using it (or rewarded for her using it against you).

If your opponent wins against you (either through life drain or domination) and you then execute a move causing your opponent to lose life/be dominated, then the win goes to you. I'm not sure if you really care about this, though, since you don't really have a turn system for executing your moves.

Also, you should add an option allowing you to select your opponent. It was annoying having to constantly restart because I wanted to fight the other girl.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for bringing these up, this demo is actually finished. But, yes, the real game (assuming I get enough patrons on Patreon) will be much more professional (which even this little paltry demo is if one asks me) but it will also be balanced!

Something some of the other boards have mentioned was that these are all girl characters, but to reiterate here, in case someone plans to mention it, there will be male and female playable characters. Seen below are my current concept art versions that would go into the real game (again, it will depend on funding).

Reactions: desmosome

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The next Developer Q & A live stream will have both myself and Blank and will be on Thursday, November 8th. It will begin at 7pm Eastern/6 Central/5 Mountain/4 Pacific time.

Please ask questions here or on my Twitter, Blog, Patreon, or forum posts- and we will answer them on the Q&A! Ask about anything related to the Anaxverse, my projects, or the new match 3 game!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The next Developer Q & A live stream is TODAY Thursday, November 8th. It will begin at 7pm Eastern/6 Central/5 Mountain/4 Pacific time.

Ask about anything related to the Anaxverse, my projects, or the new !

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Well. This is interesting. I have to admit, when you said you were planning on making actual videogames, "Bejewelled clone" was not what I thought of. I'd at least give it a try, but it's windows only and doesn't play on wine. If it gets a multi-platform release, I'll give it a go.
Ask and thou shalt receive! We now have a Mac and Linux version of the completed demo, so enjoy! (Also I am contacting Muttdoggy so he can do his magic)

Mac Version:

Linux Version: