Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Okay I got them to lvl 99 and indeed they do get 5BP.
Pupu has one of the best endgame aoe skills... but she refuses to use that skill on mobs as her auto attack. Why? This is so retarded. Previously the defeault was, that they'd stupidly use the most expensive skill in their repertoire. On the enemy vulnurable to the element. Overkilling a single or a few enemies leaving the rest in one piece. Where their less BP costly aoe skills, would have sufficed in despatching them all. Now where Pupu can finally default to her most expensive skill, which has a huge aoe. She uses the lesser Water Excalibur, which has very little aoe and doesn't kill larger mobs. Why?! Probably a coding error.

I think, I have to put my faith in Pipika. Level her up some more and hope, she hasn't been hit with stupid.
I've noticed the game's Auto AI is sort of flawed as well. You can see this with kokori. She will, for the majority of the time, use her fire skills unless theres a specific mob that's weak to a certain element. Early on, she gets a very powerful thunder skill, the mouse lightning flash, which travels along the ground and will wipe out most mobs you run into. Said skill has really high damage multiplier, compared to every other skill she has of equal level or lower. Infact, it's even stronger than the 4 bp cost fire skill, while the thunder skill only costs 3. But what does the AI do? try to blow up a single enemy with a fire skill that half the time won't even kill them.

the auto function in battles did serve me well though, it's how you can get the game to tell you which enemies are weak to which elements, and i learned that early on (even before i first ran into kajibara!).

Edit: and yeah, the breakpoints for natural starting bp amounts at start of combat are:
10: 1 bp
35: 2 bp
65: 3 bp
80: 4 bp
99: 5 bp
edit again: addted breakpoints at level 80 and 99.
third edit: After testing, you start with 1 bp at level 10, not 16. My bad.

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I've noticed the game's Auto AI is sort of flawed as well. You can see this with kokori. She will, for the majority of the time, use her fire skills unless theres a specific mob that's weak to a certain element. Early on, she gets a very powerful thunder skill, the mouse lightning flash, which travels along the ground and will wipe out most mobs you run into. Said skill has really high damage multiplier, compared to every other skill she has of equal level or lower. Infact, it's even stronger than the 4 bp cost fire skill, while the thunder skill only costs 3. But what does the AI do? try to blow up a single enemy with a fire skill that half the time won't even kill them.

the auto function in battles did serve me well though, it's how you can get the game to tell you which enemies are weak to which elements, and i learned that early on (even before i first ran into kajibara!).

Edit: and yeah, the breakpoints i've seen so far for natural starting bp amounts are:
16: 1 bp
35: 2 bp
65: 3 bp
(i haven't leveled far enough to see what level they naturally start with 4 bp. I've been abusing the hell out of cappucinos instead)
The problem seems to persist with Pipika. She'll use her 4BP skill instead of her 5BP skill (which would kill everything). I'd put this up to a coding error, where the AI doesn't recognise them having 5 BP. There's just this one thing—Ninya sure as heck like to use her 5BP skill (medium range, almost effectively a single target skill) as her default move, when she reaches lvl 99.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Omg. I think, I now know why this happens. The AI prioritizes single target damage (not 100% always, but mostly, especially if the're no unhurt enemies) as to make a chain attack, even when it doesn't make a lickety split of sense. Une had the same retardation, with her wanting to use her 3BP skill instead of her 4BP (all clear AOE skill). Well, that's annoying.

Une's 4BP skill is an AOE attack, so is her 5BP skill. I feared, she'd still go back the 3BP skill. There seems to be a limit to the ridiculousness. She will use her 5BP AOE skill as her default attack, when she reaches lvl 99. Making her the best lvl 99 person, to have in the first position when farming (imo).

*edit her "long range" skill doesn't have much range.

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
You guys probably already know this, but higher star polishing dust will increase stats more than lower stars. I'm not exactly sure what the formula is. I did a few quick tests, using defense polishing dust.
12* increases defense by 6
13* and 14*: +7
15* , 16* and 17* : +8
18* and 19*:+9
20*, 21* and 22*: +10
23 and 24*: +11
25*: +12

Although not as important as the base material in crafting weapons/armors, you can get a little more stat boost using higher stars polishing dust. Just something to keep in mind.
Edit: Added 21,22,23 and 25* value.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
You guys probably already know this, but higher star polishing dust will increase stats more than lower stars. I'm not exactly sure what the formula is. I did a few quick tests, using defense polishing dust.
12* increases defense by 6
13* and 14*: +7
15* , 16* and 17* : +8
18* and 19*:+9
20*: +10
24*: +11

Although not as important as the base material in crafting weapons/armors, you can get a little more stat boost using higher stars polishing dust. Just something to keep in mind.
You can also use shards to increase the very important elemental bonuses. Their increase follows about the same pattern, they just add a little less. 24* adds 10, 20* adds 9... remember this is 10 and 9 percentage points in damage respectively, not just a flat increase of 9 or 10 damage.

I was exited about Une for no reason. Her 5BP skill is stated as having "long" range. This has nothing on Ninya's "Sylph Rifle" skill, which also has "long range". I don't see any easy way out of this pickle. Kokori is the only one I haven't level'ed to 99, maybe she offers something other than single shots? I do find it unlikely. I'll report my findings in a little while.

*edit: Kokori best girl. I guess against large mobs of light enemies her AoE would lack, since she'd prioritize the medium range dark skills. Her default skill is "Lizard Armageddon", which actually has a long range.
I don't know why, SHE doesn't prioritize single target damage. She could just use the 5BP dark skill which has a much shorter range.

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Just out of curiosity, have you been able to get anything higher than 25*? I think the cap on stars might be 25. No matter how many times i run with 450 stam, i can't seem to exceed 25 stars. Don't drive yourself nuts testing this though, at this point it's just mix-maxing now.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Just out of curiosity, have you been able to get anything higher than 25*? I think the cap on stars might be 25. No matter how many times i run with 450 stam, i can't seem to exceed 25 stars. Don't drive yourself nuts testing this though, at this point it's just mix-maxing now.
I currently haven't. I'm trying, to farm the last of the titanite shards. I could, maybe see some, but I don't, hold up my hopes.

I don't think, I'd ever try to make a weapon solely boosted with +25 star materials anyways. The whole situation made more tedious (insane) by the nature of the hero sword. I'd need 50 (2*25, five for each of the four elemental swords and five for each of the two hero swords) of those materials, of which we currently haven't seen a single one. Doing it twice with 20 and up star titanite shards is bad enough.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I haven't even tested, whether there's a difference between a twenty–five star rank material and a twenty to twenty–four star ranked material. The ones I got, was a life powder and an iron scrap.

What it'd probably amount to, is only a one increment difference, should there be any increase in value. The total value of this venture would be a boost of ((4 * 1 + 1) / 2) * 2 = 5. Five percentage point of a total of almost four hundred percent is negligible.

With my "small" time of ten hours farming them and seeing none. I'd feel less than happy for the outlook of farming fifty. Should we be "nice" and set the average to ten hours per twenty–five, I'd have to spend five–hundred hours farming that tower. I save scum as getting several "good catches" in a row is quite unlikely. Optimizing this I'd have to fill my inventory with heavy heavy chamons. Spending five sets of three alone getting to the top of the tower. There is a total of fourty–eight inventory spaces. Losing fifteen leaves me with thirty–three foods left, meaning eleven sets of meals. We can probably add another five hours getting the neccesseray ingredients with fishing, hunting for lard, and climbing the two–hundred sets of stairs five times.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Wow, I never knew. I clicked by accident, when farming the titanite shards. The 199th floor of the tower of the stars has citrine. Making it the best place for this material. Maybe there's also better place for garnet on a 199th floor of one of the other dungeons?

I will get back to you on that, should I find anything noteworthy, after I'm done farming titanite shards. I could make a more comprehensive list, than the half–finished one on the wiki.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Just got a level 26 stardust. The screencap is not from the time of acquisition, I've taken this as an afterthought on the proceeding 450 stam farm.
1551977534753.png

The character's are still shittely equip'ed. Anyone looking should not exactly use this as a template for anything "great". Half of it is hand–me–downs from other characters that merely functions in their build. I'll get back on the topic of end game equipment, once I've procured all the neccessary materials.

*Dang it! The 25 and up materials, do indeed add 1 more elemental bonus, compared to the 20–24 materials. They add +11. I was lucky and on the same set of runs, I got TWO lvl 25 titanite shards.

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
I just completed Purin's optional quest for another skill for your main hero. She will teach you Burning finger attack once you beat her in the lost village at f100. Go back to her at Taoyuan Township, in the garden, and Kajibara makes an appearance again, this time requesting a tempura with a fish born in clean rivers. The rock sweetfish, which can be fished right outside the lost village in the lake on the same island, and cook it with the frying pan with the oil + wheat + egg, which makes a Ayu-ten.

The burning finger attack is a fire based magic attack, with a pretty decent range. It can hit 5 small targets, or potentially 2-3 medium sized targets. Damage is mediocre. I wonder if this move's a reference to the SHINING FINGER, but that would probably be better suited to the light based attack. A missed opportunity.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Despite my characters currently having "inferior" equipment. Their respective offensive stats are all 999. I'm just screwing around to see how broken they realistically can be made. I've not yet assembled the hero swords on my save files (still seeing if I can get better parts), though I have tried with what I currently have. The attack value is 891 and it gives 202 to the light element stat, besides all the health and defence it also provides on a single one of them.

Your most powerful attack is still your light–based skills. The skill "Critical Hit" being the only 6BP skill of which I know, elemental resistance doesn't matter all too much against that amount damage.

I think the elemental spells you get, is mostly for "flavour".

I'm waiting with any damage test etc. until I can also make a second one and dual–wield them.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Hey Guys, can anyone tell me where I can change the appearance of the firls like breast size or body height?
It's an effect from food, milk for example will make their breasts grow (anime girls were right all along).

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
After your post on the 26* stardust, i went up to the 200f of the tower of the stars myself and...with my 450 stamina, got a 25* stardust. Seems like i'm cursed with only 25* as the highest thing i can get.
The final skill to be learned is from Dallin, the earth spirit, in the Panapana cafe. Return to her after defeating her in the Tower of the stars 100f, and lo and behold, here comes Sakakibara...er, i mean Kajibara(haha ingame jokes very funny). The request this time is a very simple sticky food with sea vitality... just put a scallop oyster into the blender, making a sea tororo then shove it in his foodhole.
The last skill to be learned is... Earth of end pulsar. Umm..interesting name. As preceeding all the previous other skills learned, it's magic based. Damage, is pretty weak compared to the other skills you have at your disposal at this point, especially a 2 sp skill. It's a widescreen earth attack though.
I'm kind of dissapointed you don't learn a super-move after learning all 4 elements..maybe i've been influenced by monster girl quest and the quadruple giga move.

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Oh, and one more advice, The eelcatfish you can fish out of the empana region lakes, by itself, doesn't do very much. However, if you cook it over a fire, then add a vingared rice to it,making eelcatfish sushi, this food is by far the best +1bp food in the game. It doesn't have any stat gain or drawbacks, but what it DOES do is give a whopping 80 stamina. This by far completely demolishes all other +bp food in stamina gain. Dried squid gives 15 stamina. Cappuccino and coffee latte only give 30 stamina. Even the broiled unikura sushi gives 30 stamina.

Another use for the eelcatfish is the eelcatfish don, made with combining a cooked eelcatfish with a cooked rice. HOWEVER, you can buy these in bulk in edomon town (the same don you can use to give to pipika to get her into the party). This thing gives 90 stamina! Making it the second food of choice to go with forest barbecue(also buyable in mass from alal market) for easy to obtain high stamina food, that doesn't require ingredient hunting.
Your third food can be whatever you want, i personally prefer vegetable barbecue for 80 stamina, though durian pie or pancake(also both gives 80 stam each) will do,if you want to avoid running into monsters as much.
I personally just use these foods to travel down 200 floors in dungeons until you reach the end, then save using the heavy noodles combo to farm materials with 450 stamina(i only carry 1 or 2 sets of these).

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The best BP boost (for use against bosses) is the special monster foods. They decrease stamina, but give a hefty boost to everything else.

You don't really need any BP boosters in the late game. Use the focus ability that requires you to be at 3BP and you are full starting with 5BP and gaining 6BP (effectively 5BP, as the max is 10BP). Then shift between casting a high cost BP skill and focusing (the dps is drastically different between spamming weak 0BP or 1BP cost skill every turn and a 5 or 6 cost BP skill every second turn). All the monsters in an encounter dies in one shot, except some bosses and the metal monsters.

For the titanite farming (still not done), I carry 8 sets of the 450 dinner each run. I save every time, I get a +20 star ranked titanite. I then eat a single food (not from the heavy meals), go back to the save point on the 199th floor. Going back to the 200th floor I eat the 450 set of meals and start anew. I reload, should there not be a catch. My average is around 2 or 3 times of 450 farming for 1 +20 star titanite.

Wow, durian pie and pancake each gives 80 stamina... dang. That's actually really useful to know.

The meals I normally use is the chicken curry from the ice camp, the sea food curry from the sea resort, and the forest barbeque from Alal Market. They are not great, they do not provide any significant stat bonses, but they give a good amount of stamina (285).

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Maybe we should make a (somewhat) comprehensive (but nothing too grand) guide for people, instead of this back and forward correspondance? The wiki is quite barebones, doesn't offer much help, and it's in Japanese.
I'd be okay with this once, I'm finally done with the character's equipment.

We can PM each other for the details of the guide etc. should that interest you.

Right now I'm going to sleep.

Cheers (of water) and kind regards from Hajtand.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes