greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I can load my 0.9 save externally, because saves don't show up. But if I then try to save it in 0.10 it says the memory is full... anyone having the same problem?
By default a Twine Story HTML file uses the LocalStorage area of your web-browser to store the "slot" based saves, as well as the current progress of the current play-through.

Depending on the brand of web-browser and operating system you are using the default maximum size that LocalStorage area can be is between 2MB & 10MB per domain.

Depending on the brand of web-browser you are using it may force all locally opened HTML files to share a single domain's allocation of the LocalStorage area.
eg. All the Saves of all the different locally run Twine Story HTML files you run share the same 2MB to 10MBs of storage space.

note: Some brands assign a domain per unique local file-path, which is why some end-users find that they need to make sure the folder name used for each release of a specific project doesn't change, or their Saves from a previous release can disappear until they do so.

So the fact you are seeing a "memory is full" message likely means you run multiple Story HTML files locally, and that the LocalStorage area of your web-browser is full. So you will need to clear up some of the data contained within the LocalStorage area, and how you do that depends on the web-browser you are using.

WARNING: If you use the "Clear Cookies" option of your web-browser it will get rid of ALL of the Saves you have made in any Twine based project you have "played", so take care if you are considering using that option to free up some space in LocalStorage area.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I have problem with this - "Athena: Interact with her at your home at the weekend."
I've generally clicked through a few weekends now and I don't see her anywhere at any time of day on a weekend at the MC house.
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug and if not how to pass this event?

grimm2022

Game Developer
May 31, 2021
I have problem with this - "Athena: Interact with her at your home at the weekend."
I've generally clicked through a few weekends now and I don't see her anywhere at any time of day on a weekend at the MC house.
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug and if not how to pass this event?
Hi, this is a bug. I had to change a few things with Athena and since the bug is not necessarily noticeable with existing game saves, it went down with me. Sorry for that. I have already corrected this in the downloads that I manage, but since some of the download links do not come from me, I have also attached the hotfix as html for download. Just use the new html version and it should work.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Hi, this is a bug. I had to change a few things with Athena and since the bug is not necessarily noticeable with existing game saves, it went down with me. Sorry for that. I have already corrected this in the downloads that I manage, but since some of the download links do not come from me, I have also attached the hotfix as html for download. Just use the new html version and it should work.
Mega
Thanks a lot. (y)
Now it works and I can finally continue the progress with other characters because unfortunately some of the events in your game are dependent on other earlier ones and without progress with some characters it is not possible to continue the story with others.

IFuckers

Feb 19, 2018
For some reason I've got a prompt for Athena to show up at the house over the weekends but she doesn't.

grimm2022

Game Developer
May 31, 2021
For some reason I've got a prompt for Athena to show up at the house over the weekends but she doesn't.
Mega

yurface

Oct 20, 2017
grimm2022 this update was so good. I really appreciate since you have so many characters in the game youre moving foward and adding content. I was hoping you would do something like that. It makes for a much better story and game. SOOO many games just add girls and give them 1 or 2 scenes then move to the next girl. This way is so much better. Halloween event was 11/10

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
hm, downloaded the zip from two different sources and still can't extract it...
using mac, it says it is empty. when i try to extract it in terminal it says this:

Code:
Archive:  /Users/.../Fairytalev0.11.zip
warning [/Users/.../Fairytalev0.11.zip]:  1423600100 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [/Users/.../Fairytalev0.11.zip]:  start of central directory not found;
  zipfile corrupt.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
any idea why? maybe it's too big for the stupid mac to handle it?

3.90 star(s) 36 Votes