VN Ren'Py Fake Father [Second v0.2 P1] [Netero3009]

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
I Need to point out at the start this is not criticism or is it a complaint.
I had meant to post this to help before now but RealLife got in the way.
As the Dev is willing to admit that English is not their first langue.
And this being their first game they don't have or maybe can't aford a proofreader.
Plus as translation software is still not great it is hardly surprising that the same mistakes happen time and time again.
For any Dev's who doesn't speak english as a first or even second langue if they speak it at all.

So this is meant just to help out with one small issue in this great game.
And just a guide for finishing this game and if this Dev intends to make more games after.
I can't offer to proofread as I'm not great with spelling and grammer even for a Native English speaker.
Nor do I have the time but the only advice I can give is this....
In English when you talk about or are talking too a Male character then you should always use the following pronouns....
He, Him or His.
However when talking about or talking too a Female character then the pronouns are always...
She, Her or hers.
Again this is meant to help and is not either criticism or complaint...
Hope this helps.
No real person makes mistakes with he/she in written language. It's due to machine translation.

Speech is a different thing as I know personally. No pronoun mistakes in English for decades but plenty in Swedish... It doesn't help to learn them in one language I guess. (There are no such things according to sex in my mother tongue.)

People who only speak English seem to have difficulties understanding this, because they have no experience themselves.

Jay_H

Aug 25, 2018
I am available for proofing if it would be helpful. I wouldn't be able to translate at all, but I could shore up obvious errors.

Dev, DM me if you are interested.

LinchCAP

Feb 20, 2022
When will there be content from Alice? Because the last thing that appears of her is the chat with her friend at night and nothing else.

NeroXV

May 30, 2018
I played this game time ago, the most content there was about Lily. Where is that content now? I can't see it no matter the choices. But she's really mad about a forgoted promise

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I played this game time ago, the most content there was about Lily. Where is that content now? I can't see it no matter the choices. But she's really mad about a forgoted promise
The relationship between FF and Lily was going really well until dipshit real father made him go live in a hotel and ignore the family. So this update they had to do a little relationship repair with a cat and a bath. I don't know about you but I liked the scene in the bath. I don't think that you get it unless you are stern with her, though.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
No real person makes mistakes with he/she in written language. It's due to machine translation.

Speech is a different thing as I know personally. No pronoun mistakes in English for decades but plenty in Swedish... It doesn't help to learn them in one language I guess. (There are no such things according to sex in my mother tongue.)

People who only speak English seem to have difficulties understanding this, because they have no experience themselves.
I'm not sure about that definative statement. People that natively speak languages that have gender possessive nouns, verbs and adjectives struggle with using he/she when speaking English. Why wouldn't they when writing?

Reactions: secrettunel6969

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
I'm not sure about that definative statement. People that natively speak languages that have gender possessive nouns, verbs and adjectives struggle with using he/she when speaking English. Why wouldn't they when writing?
Simply because while writing you have time to think. Saying mistakenly he instead of she and vice versa doesn't happen because one doesn't know the right one.

E.g. I know very well when I should use han or hon in Swedish but still make mistakes because I'm not used to speaking it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Simply because while writing you have time to think. Saying mistakenly he instead of she and vice versa doesn't happen because one doesn't know the right one.

E.g. I know very well when I should use han or hon in Swedish but still make mistakes because I'm not used to speaking it.
Eh, depends on how fast you're typing. Also if you are native speaker of language that doesn't have gendered pronouns, instead everyone gets the same one, it might still creep up in writing that you use the wrong one. But in this case it's most likely because they use translating software.

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes