3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
This game is probably a 1/10 for difficulty cracking.
It's not something spontaneous really, just a slow buildup of people with terrible reading comprehension over the last few months. But the people from the past few days are a new breed of ignorant. People complain about my choice of filehost when I have on multiple occasions asked opinions about other ones with little to no response. Then you have people who somehow missed the cracked version on the MAIN POST and end up downloading the View attachment 729845 and think they are doing it right? I swear I did hear a snap noise though when I read the comment about downloading the crack from a different website. Not because it was on a different website(idgaf how far it propagates), but because this person saw this thread, bypassed the main post again, couldn't find the game so went looking elsewhere... I mean the format for every thread on this site is main post WITH links...

Anyways, I may be done providing the cracks for people but I'm not done tinkering. This game was my entry point to the world of disassembly(totally unintentional pun) and while it makes my head hurt I find it fun. In that vein I think I came up with a new way to crack the game without touching the exe which means no worrying about the md5 check, I think it might work between versions too but I don't have any other versions on hand to test with so I can't confirm that one. I may have been a little hasty when I said "you don't have to worry about me anymore " it's more like "you don't have to worry about me monthly". I know there are a few other capable people in this thread that can get the cracks out so you aren't losing much.

I don't know if BupoTiling03-Retired still watches this thread but if you do, shoot me a message please. I want to pick your brain about my idea. It's probably very unrefined. Also if anyone has good resources for dis/assembly I would be appreciative. It took me way to long to realize that a call adds 8bytes to the stack...
See, my earlier posts were all about "the build up" of "DOI" gimmies. ("Give Me"s) Not a new breed of ignorant, by the way, the same breed out there. Just becoming more aware of it. I don't Watch threads anymore if they're past a month since my last comment OR they piss me off, but someone pointed these out to me today. Calls don't add 8 bytes to the stack. They push the Instruction Pointer to the stack. Depending on mode (16-bit, 32-bit, 64-bit, it is either 2 bytes, 4 bytes, 8 bytes, etc...) Quick ref: Depends on architecture and mode... osdev.org, read up on ASM stuff. If you thought your brain hurt before...this'll violate it. I find it to be casual conversation pieces or merely refresher. . If you want more materials, check out the system development guides from each vender (highly recommend AMD over Intel, ESPECIALLY FOR THEIR MANUALS ON X86 ARCHITECTURE, Intel is junk all around, always has been). I would also suggest you use osdev to write your own MBR bootloader and get into long-mode. You'll learn more about how things go on than anything. Yes I'm telling you to not use Grub, etc. Do it the hard, old-school way. Invaluable. Use Bochs, btw. Compile it yourself to support what you need, then fire away. Nothing beats having your own code running with no reliance on anything. Pure ASM, text editor, nasm compiler, beautiful. I say use Bochs because of the GUI Debugger.
I understand where you are coming from, but they were never my instructions. They were bupos.
156_163_146_167 made a post a long while back with the important information, that or search the posts made by "BupoTiling03-Retired" to get the info. That is all we were really given to work off of. Using that information and a little learning from some google searches nets quite a bit. I can wholly say the way bupo delivered his information was the only reason I decided to even try, not a walkthrough that you follow and don't learn from but just enough to get you on the track to learn it for yourself. I can call this thread my gateway to disassembly, before I had never even touched a debugger let alone cracked a program. While I still know very little about reverse engineering, I have taken what I learned from this and applied it onto other things. As I type I'm trying to figure out how someone managed to bypass a patreon authentication check for another game by pulling apart a dll file. From getting AES keys to paks so I can decensor some japanese unreal games to pulling the password out of the Timestamps game for extracting the images in storage.vngine, I wouldn't have known how to do any of that without this thread.

I am willing to help those that are trying to learn, but I have gotten some stupid conversation starters ranging from the typical begging about a step by step guide to one person who demanded a pdf with pictures explaining on how to do it "or else..." so I tend to look over my conversations with a judgemental mindset.

Shifting focus a little bit, I managed to patch the Ekc6420.dll to punch itself in the face. With it there is no longer a need for creating new exes for the game which means no reason to trigger the reimplemented md5 check. Did I mention it seems to work recursively? Works on older versions of the game, works on the original Fallen Doll game(which has an older version of Eleckey), heck it works on the most recent version of Eleckey(2.0.9.20 as of writing this) at least anything made using the 30 day trial of it... as long as it is 64bit. They seem to have a different approach to x86 programs and didn't bother looking into it.

For anyone else that makes their own exes this is quite easy to do if you dick around the same region you pay attention to when dumping the exe.
Again, only done because I learned something from this thread.

tl:dr: this post wasn't for tl:dr's
That is why I did things the way I did. The more popular you become, the more gimmies come out. You'll end up hating it. You'll feel bad for them but at the same time entirely frustrated with their entire lack. Remember when I fussed that you posted an exact walkthrough? It was to stop gimmies and make them do some work...to better all reverse-engineers and make the community stronger. Instead of everyone coming to one master fisherman, they could all become it. Less work for the master fisherman and they can take care of themselves. As for EK, the reason I didn't bother patchiing EK's dlls is because the protection is still there and runs. I'm against that kind of behavior. Sometimes their are miners there, or ads being loaded in the background, etc, not to mention they sometimes change and get updated. Learning how to work on the protection to remove it entirely was the better teaching-point. You've done well so far. Glad you were able to develop yourself unlike most gimmies. You're far off from the Denuvo and others I wipe my butt with after eating spicy food, but you may get there someday. Most definitely faster than a gimmie that stands still.

Thank you for replying and for linkng that post. I have always been interested about the world of cracking and, as a developer, I see it as an opportunity to learn something new related to what I'm doing. My problem with cracking was finding useful infos about how to start. I tried in the past browsing this thread to get some "intel" but I was'nt able to pull the right informations. In the post you linked I found at least something where to start looking though, so thanks. I might finally start try messing around with cracking and reverse engineering :D
Search all of our (me, funog1) posts on this thread for information about THIS DRM. As for reverse-engineering, you've no idea how much you're going to have to learn to comprehend and do the things scene-groups do. Many things relevant to the early 1990s will need to be learned too. They were the golden scene days.

*Edit* For the slew of people who just contacted me, I am Retired to the masses. projectheliu doesn't have to worry about me either. ;) By the way projectheliu, if you implemented any of the things I suggested you'd easily delay. See how simple it'd be? Told you. You wouldn't even need ElecKey. You could also customize the Pak compression and cryptographic routines (7z out of box is good enough and can encrypt). You'd probably set back anyone. 7z is GPL too. *shrug* I would also seriously not rely on Steam's DRM. It is incredibly easy to get around.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1378207

Search all of our (me, @funog1) posts on this thread for information about THIS DRM. As for reverse-engineering, you've no idea how much you're going to have to learn to comprehend and do the things scene-groups do. Many things relevant to the early 1990s will need to be learned too. They were the golden scene days.
I really tried hard these days but with little to none progress... I guess I'm much better at making programs instead taking them apart. At least I finally understood what you need look in order to crack a program and something about reverse engineering too!
I found that my biggest problem was using x64dbg though, but I guess it's complicated because disassembling is a different matter than making programs other than not being user friendly as other programs might be (for example visual studio or even code blocks). So from your instructions I got what I need to do, but not exactly how (and I totally blame x64dbg for that).

tl;dr: thank both of you for the patience, taking programs apart is way harder than making them. Peace out!

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I really tried hard these days but with little to none progress... I guess I'm much better at making programs instead taking them apart. At least I finally understood what you need look in order to crack a program and something about reverse engineering too!
I found that my biggest problem was using x64dbg though, but I guess it's complicated because disassembling is a different matter than making programs other than not being user friendly as other programs might be (for example visual studio or even code blocks). So from your instructions I got what I need to do, but not exactly how (and I totally blame x64dbg for that).

tl;dr: thank both of you for the patience, taking programs apart is way harder than making them. Peace out!
Whether you see return 0 or push 0 ret, it is the same thing. Think about it. Visual Studio and Code Blocks also have a debugger...crappy, but there. x96Dbg (32-bit or 64-bit) shouldn't be blamed for anything. It is exactly what it needs to be... Think about that too. You are right about which is harder though. Funny...as a child, I always found it easier to take things apart than put them back together... "Oh look, an extra screw..." Still find it that way. Hm.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Whether you see return 0 or push 0 ret, it is the same thing. Think about it. Visual Studio and Code Blocks also have a debugger...crappy, but there. x96Dbg (32-bit or 64-bit) shouldn't be blamed for anything. It is exactly what it needs to be... Think about that too. You are right about which is harder though. Funny...as a child, I always found it easier to take things apart than put them back together... "Oh look, an extra screw..." Still find it that way. Hm.
I appreciate that you came back to view the recent posts. I'm going to take a shot at learning this, once the new version comes out. I made the $25 patreon charge, because ProjectH does deserve some money from me for the work his/her team put into this project, that I have enjoyed. But even a previous uncracked copy of the game is automatically working with my recent activation key.

If I do learn how to do this, which I should be capable from having worked my way to my last university semester in the CS Dept, I should be able to figure this out. If I do, I'll follow your advice and guide people to cracking it, with out releasing a crack myself.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I appreciate that you came back to view the recent posts. I'm going to take a shot at learning this, once the new version comes out. I made the $25 patreon charge, because ProjectH does deserve some money from me for the work his/her team put into this project, that I have enjoyed. But even a previous uncracked copy of the game is automatically working with my recent activation key.

If I do learn how to do this, which I should be capable from having worked my way to my last university semester in the CS Dept, I should be able to figure this out. If I do, I'll follow your advice and guide people to cracking it, with out releasing a crack myself.
From what I recall, any key will work from the past or present if it is currently subscribed. As for my advice, I wouldn't guide them. I'd tell'em to teach themselves, strictly. Otherwise nothing gained, nothing learned, endless cycles of return. As for CS...if you mean any American CS classes...they're pretty much entirely useless in practice. A number of companies are now saying screw degrees because they mean nothing. They'd rather see practical work. Sure they require the damned degrees but eh...

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
From what I recall, any key will work from the past or present if it is currently subscribed. As for my advice, I wouldn't guide them. I'd tell'em to teach themselves, strictly. Otherwise nothing gained, nothing learned, endless cycles of return. As for CS...if you mean any American CS classes...they're pretty much entirely useless in practice. A number of companies are now saying screw degrees because they mean nothing. They'd rather see practical work. Sure they require the damned degrees but eh...
Yes, you're very much correct. I'm a remote (at the moment) devops engineer intern, for an airline, and I use very little of what I've learned in the classroom. In the year that I've been doing this, only my Linux System Admin and Network Admin course has provided knowledge that I use daily. The degree "really means you're capable of learning and you paid 70k to prove it." I'm not going to stick around for a masters degree where our university would get into really low level architecture. I've only had one course that goes dabbles in MARIE. But, I am more intrigued by this.

I feel I should clarify what I mean by guide them. I found Fallen Doll after you had retired and I did read this thread over a long time ago. What I mean by guiding people is not writing up a how to. If I can figure this out, at this moment, I wouldn't mind helping others learn about it , like I did with a link that is an overview for x64dbg. I'm sure I'd feel different later. But I feel like this is challenge and I am kind of excited. The outlook feels different now that no one is providing the crack.

Thanks for returning to review the recent posts on the thread.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Yes, you're very much correct. I'm a remote (at the moment) devops engineer intern, for an airline, and I use very little of what I've learned in the classroom. In the year that I've been doing this, only my Linux System Admin and Network Admin course has provided knowledge that I use daily. The degree "really means you're capable of learning and you paid 70k to prove it." I'm not going to stick around for a masters degree where our university would get into really low level architecture. I've only had one course that goes dabbles in MARIE. But, I am more intrigued by this.

I feel I should clarify what I mean by guide them. I found Fallen Doll after you had retired and I did read this thread over a long time ago. What I mean by guiding people is not writing up a how to. If I can figure this out, at this moment, I wouldn't mind helping others learn about it , like I did with a link that is an overview for x64dbg. I'm sure I'd feel different later. But I feel like this is challenge and I am kind of excited. The outlook feels different now that no one is providing the crack.

Thanks for returning to review the recent posts on the thread.
...Marie...who still uses that kind of stuff. Invent an architecture and sell stuff alongside it just to teach what an arch is instead of using a presently-existing arch like arm or x86...The state of education...*sigh* I'd say follow the same stuff I mentioned to funog1. ;)

Jun 30, 2017
And what, why i'm very excited to have a new one who could crack it, if this community still toxic then it will just be another funog1. I still remember in Pure Onyx thread i made my point about people who just demand cracked game anytime they can when online, that crackers are doing unpaid work so we need to appreciate that we have someone who craking for us without any demand, and stop asking for crack, but they just insult me back and said that this is pirate site, it is cracker job to provide cracked game or something like that, and being moral is stupid. I swear i hate some people on this site

Jun 30, 2017
The only thing about which this community is toxic about is the condescending way that some "crackers" tell us to go learn reverse engeneering form the 90s and that we are all lazy for not doing so. Well, we dont all have a background in programming. I'm not asking anyone to sequence butterfly genomes just because I can do it and have studied it for years, and neither should they. Whenever someone wants to learn something I'm happy to explain exactly what I did, how and why, rather than just throw a wikipedia page at them and point them to terms they have no idea what they mean. While I am gratefull for the work funog1 and Bupo did, they should stay away from classrooms as this is not the way to engage a community into learning.
I'm also agree with your statement, but at the same time, most people actually doesn't want to learn about cracking, but they still bitching about not getting the game at the same time don't want to spend money or learn to crack, that is the toxicity of most people, they just want to do nothing and still getting things. I admit that i'm not good at those cracking thing, and don't want to spend money to get the game, but because of that, even though i'm frustrated that there will be no cracked game, i still keep my mount shut and told myself to appreciate cracker that doing unpaid work and be content with a situation, because i'm done nothing to have the right to bitching about the one who doing hard work, it is unfair

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Actually the ProjectH Patreon is funding a team from around the world, just like Wild Life. It's not just one person building this. But it's not the job of someone to crack it and release it to everyone, unless you're paying him for his time. The people that crack this game do it for the enjoyment and learning experience. Everyone who has been cracking this learned the process, some continued to do it because they enjoyed it, and then walked away feeling burned by the community. It's really pathetic that a few specific people blame it on the game crackers as being too emotional/sensitive. Why should anyone here give out a crack to someone demanding it? Such people do not deserve it.

a1248595853

Jul 9, 2020
Does anyone know when can we have Galatea in game?
I was told she will be in 0.28, but I didn't see her when I check the update log.

Nichronos

Jul 17, 2019
Does anyone know when can we have Galatea in game?
I was told she will be in 0.28, but I didn't see her when I check the update log.

From Patreon:
"Most work on Galatea has been completed, the voice recording casting call shall commence soon. Depending on the voice actress' schedule this may take an indefinite amount of time.

To clarify: she won't make her debut in update 0.28 which is coming next week"

Hope this clarify it :)

a1248595853

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks for the info, Nichronos.
If there is no precise date, it's like forever for me.
I'm not into Anya too. Apperently she's not on a diet.

Reactions: NukaCola

kingpawg

Jul 11, 2019
I really hope they add some sort of body customization later on, that way everyone would be satisfied. Like the Miconisomi games, where you can make the girls thicker or thinner

Reactions: Red_7285

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I really hope they add some sort of body customization later on, that way everyone would be satisfied. Like the Miconisomi games, where you can make the girls thicker or thinner
The issue with body customization is that clipping may occur easily with certain animations. For instance where the partner in a sex animation is grabbing the breasts, if you set the breasts too large the fingers will go right into them, and when they're too small the hands won't touch. I don't think there's absolutely no solution to this problem at all, but I haven't seen it done well enough yet.

Another reason why they may not do that is to keep the characters separate from each other. Have each of them have their own appearance, you know. By giving the ability to change their appearance, you sort of take away some of their individuality. Don't know if I explained that right. But there's a reason they have these characters and they have their own backstory and such.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes