Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Output Screenshot
what are your system specs ?
Regular:
1601732514493.png
With ini:
1601732558473.png

Maybe there's a very tiny tiny light reflection difference, but if there's a detail difference I can't see it. It's funny cause I sometimes like the pic from the regular may look a bit more detailed. But maybe I need to go take screenshots again from other parts! Who knows.

My specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600X
32GB RAM 3600Mhz
RTX 2070 Super

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Female chars have generally finer details, Alet maybe a little bit to few higher chances lower the light Paralogue Alet goes into the White Asian Lover Skin direction to much light is in anyway on white destructive additionally its luminance gets fast ridiculous high
Paralogue uses a support light, which targets the characters directly lower it's output intensity

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Its overlitten to hell

look at the hair saturation you ever saw this bright hair in your life ;) ?

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Its overlitten to hell

look at the hair saturation you ever saw this bright hair in your life ;) ?
I purposefully made the hair color the lightest saturation using the hair color settings. That was easy to do.
But for the skin texture, regardless of it being lighter than usual or not, there should be a difference if I'm applying Ini settings. However, I don't see it in this case.

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I purposefully made the hair color the lightest saturation using the hair color settings. That was easy to do.
But for the skin texture, regardless of it being lighter than usual or not, there should be a noticeable difference if I'm applying Ini settings. However, I don't see it in this case.
You probably did this already, but what if you change the lighting settings in the game? I think that's what Krosos is on about.

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Anyways. The game already looks amazing and I just wanted to see if I can detail it a bit more. If not then that's fine. I'm keeping 27X's settings regardless even if there's no noticeable difference. As for your input in regards to my lightning, I've made the game lighter on purpose because I do not like shadows darkening the penetration scene. I like very clear and visible penetration visibility. And as for hair, heck I've also made Alet's hair a light rose pink which I enjoy. The color settings are there for a reason. Few screenshots below. Good stuff overall. Just wish they would simply put out more animations instead of focusing on multiplayer now.
EDIT: So I guess with Erika I'm actually seeing a bit more detail improvement using 27X's ini settings. It all worked out in the end. Nice. A bit more detail never hurts.
1601733996006.png
1601734490951.png
1601734575663.png

Last edited:

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
You probably did this already, but what if you change the lighting settings in the game? I think that's what Krosos is on about.
That would completely defeat the purpose of my lightning settings. Read my comment above for my insight about it. It should make more sense. :) I very much enjoy it this way. Btw looks like with Erika I'm able to see some slight yet visible detail improvement. So that is a good thing. Glad it showed somewhere.

Last edited:

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
I get it. But that does explain the reason why you're not seeing much of any improvement in the details.
That's fine. Game is already detailed and of high quality. I rather have good lightning to see all the scenes and animations clearly. If there was a way to decrease lightning without having shadows increased at all, I would do that! But there's no such thing unfortunately and I very much dislike shadows being exaggerated on genitals. In my modded Skyrim I'd have no problem decreasing my shadows independently but there's no such thing for this game.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Yeah, it look a little too bright. I suggest reduce skin luminance setting to 4 or 5.

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Yeah, it look a little too bright. I suggest reduce skin luminance setting to 4 or 5.
Skin Luminance is actually at 2. I've purposefully increased the HDR intensity and Bloom in order to eliminate shadows and I'm quite happy with this. Hopefully I don't repeat myself more since I've already said it twice :)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Skin Luminance is actually at 2. I've purposefully increased the HDR intensity and Bloom in order to eliminate shadows and I'm quite happy with this. Hopefully I don't repeat myself more since I've already said it twice :)
Actually you can just increase skin luminance, that will make the shadow on skin less dark and you can see all body part clearly. Increase HDR and bloom will just make everything too bright. But if you are happy with that lighting setup, no argument from me.

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Actually you can just increase skin luminance, that will make the shadow on skin less dark and you can see all body part clearly. Increase HDR and bloom will just make everything too bright. But if you are happy with that lighting setup, no argument from me.
Lol no it will not. I'm quite familiar with the light settings as I've played around with them extensively. HDR and Bloom have the greatest effect on decreasing shadows on genitals. Even if you max Skin luminance to 10 it's not effective at eliminating shadows. It makes the skin brighter however it doesn't directly impact shadow appearances like HDR and Bloom does. Also Skin luminance decreases skin detail far more than HDR/Bloom by the way, it brightens away all the skin texture detail from within, which is far worse than the room light caused by HDR and Bloom. I'm not here to get advise on lightning buddy, and clearly you're not as familiar with the lightning settings. Thanks though, like I already said this serves my purpose perfectly.

Last edited:

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Thanks for sharing your scalability ini settings, and for also briefly explaining screen percentage :) There's lota stuff in that text file. So I basically just copy paste those settings into the existing Scalability.ini file correct? It was originally empty. And if yes, is there anything else I need to do? I'm guessing I leave all the other files as is, including the gameuser settings file?

Just want to make sure it's done correctly. I placed these settings into the scalability file, and I wasn't sure if I could make out a difference or not... but that was just a quick look at Alet's breasts. Sometimes i thought maybe I see a slight more detail in the skin, other times I felt my eyes were just playing placebo. Maybe I'll notice more detail once I explore more. As long as I set this up correctly I'm happy.

The current pak build supports essentially all of this except Ray Tracing and HDR: If you want to know what these specifically things do I would visit the UE4 database:

Bear in mind these are at max values under the current repository and for whatever reason the author is locking attributes; despite the fact there's never going to be a mobile or console version of this game that needs feature or setting locking. As stated some bizarre amateur decisions.

Reactions: Nizko

Lyir

Aug 27, 2020
The current pak build supports essentially all of this except Ray Tracing and HDR: If you want to know what these specifically things do I would visit the UE4 database:

Bear in mind these are at max values under the current repository and for whatever reason the author is locking attributes; despite the fact there's never going to be a mobile or console version of this game that needs feature or setting locking. As stated some bizarre amateur decisions.
Ah so that's why the HDR settings kept defaulting to False everytime I tried to change it. I was getting pissed because I generally use my computer 1080p normal monitor for games, but paralogue was so intriguing that I had to just get my Pc to the living room and plug it to my 4K HDR display.
After thirty minutes of trying to make HDR work and one hell of a bug where my resolution kept reseting I was finally able to get native 4k But no HDR Sadly.
I got my hopes for this game so high that I don't even care about its erotic appeal, I just follow patreon and this forum to follow the game development haha.
This has to be the most incredible skin work I've ever seen, even for movie standards, I almost cried when I realized I could zoom in till I got inside the models and there was literally 0 loss in detail.
They go so in depht that you can notice that even the skin cell formations are taken into consideration, the cell in the leg and arms are pentagon'ish while the boobs and face are dotted

clickandboom

Jun 20, 2020
Screen percentage has nothing to do with textures other than producing a shit ton of shimmering if your output resolution is smaller than the actual texture, it's literally the run-time rendering aperture displayed onscreen and the fact it's being combined with AA when anyone competent would use one or the other says quite a bit.
I took a look at unreal documentation out of curiosity and found that the screen percentage in unreal is in fact super sampling. I don't see any problem that it coexists with AA.

What are the exact parameters? I think I will let the devs know your settings so they can get a better preset for lazy ppl like me.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes