3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
Waiting for the VR version also, looks like were gonna have some actual gameplay for this by the end of the year

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
X:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Paralogue\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

You'll need to populate the file yourself with the appropriate settings.
Do I change any of the settings below? From GameUserSettings:
[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=4
sg.ShadowQuality=4
sg.PostProcessQuality=4
sg.TextureQuality=4
sg.EffectsQuality=4
sg.FoliageQuality=3
sg.ShadingQuality=3

I mean increasing these numbers could do nothing if those values are already maxed. Plus resolution quality is at 100. So what scalability setting were you talking about?

EDIT: So I found out when you increase "Screen percentage" in the game settings that increases the texture by just a bit, but puts massive stress on the system. That's interesting.

Almost this tough wont yield exactly the same result
Can you shed some light on this Krosos? Which scalability settings was 27X talking about, even if it doesn't make it as good as your pictures, I'd still like to increase definition a bit.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Nizko
I go deeper what defines those salability presets on the Actual Core Render Technique level
And yes if you change screen Percentage alone you gonna increase the overall bandwidth needed you push more pixels over the API, Driver,Memory and last stage the entire bus more data higher bandwidth higher bandwidth more stress and higher power consumption for everything.

Light plays a important role here as well if you overlight something you gonna lose it's details this is being abused in Real World Photography for the "Fountain of youth Effect" for example.
Though overall it's easier nowadays to get the same effect with Photoshop Manipulation

First thing where your journey starts
sg.PostProcessQuality=4

Last edited:

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Do I change any of the settings below? From GameUserSettings:
[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=4
sg.ShadowQuality=4
sg.PostProcessQuality=4
sg.TextureQuality=4
sg.EffectsQuality=4
sg.FoliageQuality=3
sg.ShadingQuality=3

I mean increasing these numbers could do nothing if those values are already maxed. Plus resolution quality is at 100. So what scalability setting were you talking about?

EDIT: So I found out when you increase "Screen percentage" in the game settings that increases the texture by just a bit, but puts massive stress on the system. That's interesting.

Can you shed some light on this Krosos? Which scalability settings was 27X talking about, even if it doesn't make it as good as your pictures, I'd still like to increase definition a bit.
Gameuser settings are taken from a manifest which the creator rather unwisely made a fixed repository itself much like the creator of Last Hope so they will literally conflict and fuck with any other settings as would any other amateur hour mistakes, kinda like rocksteady and high voltage did with Arkham Knight.

Screen percentage has nothing to do with textures other than producing a shit ton of shimmering if your output resolution is smaller than the actual texture, it's literally the run-time rendering aperture displayed onscreen and the fact it's being combined with AA when anyone competent would use one or the other says quite a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizko

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Screen percentage has nothing to do with textures other than producing a shit ton of shimmering if your output resolution is smaller than the actual texture, it's literally the run-time rendering aperture displayed onscreen and the fact it's being combined with AA when anyone competent would use one or the other says quite a bit.
Thanks for sharing your scalability ini settings, and for also briefly explaining screen percentage :) There's lota stuff in that text file. So I basically just copy paste those settings into the existing Scalability.ini file correct? It was originally empty. And if yes, is there anything else I need to do? I'm guessing I leave all the other files as is, including the gameuser settings file?

Just want to make sure it's done correctly. I placed these settings into the scalability file, and I wasn't sure if I could make out a difference or not... but that was just a quick look at Alet's breasts. Sometimes i thought maybe I see a slight more detail in the skin, other times I felt my eyes were just playing placebo. Maybe I'll notice more detail once I explore more. As long as I set this up correctly I'm happy.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
If you didn't attrib +r you wont see any difference at all as any of your decissions will be forced overwritten

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
First thing where your journey starts
sg.PostProcessQuality=4
Hm, not sure what you mean by that. Postprocess is already set to 4. So what do you mean that's where the journey starts? (We can talk about this one later I don't want to bombard you with questions).

Last edited:

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
If you didn't attrib +r you wont see any difference at all as any of your decissions will be forced overwritten
May you explain to me what "attrib -r" means? I can follow instructions however I don't really understand coding terms since I'm not advanced as you and 27X are. How can I attrib -r, as you describe? Thanks for the help by the way

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
See what i wrote about light Photography Post Process is trying to simulate it though often in rather destructive ways
If you Fan of Hollywood you gonna like it if not ;)

right click on the file in windows explorer and set it to read only after changing it that is oldshool attrib +r gameusersettings.ini doing on something called the Commandline windowskey+r cmd

That has nothing todo with coding at all that is basic operating system knowledge

Last edited:

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
See what i wrote about light Photography Post Process is trying to simulate it though often in rather destructive ways
If you Fan of Hollywood you gonna like it if not ;)
Okay. And for me to get the Scalability settings from 27X to work, how do you go about with attrib -r? All I did so far was enter his settings into my Scalability.ini file and save it.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
now set it's file properties to read only before you execute paralogue

Last edited:

Yorien

Jul 24, 2017
May you explain to me what "attrib -r" means? I can follow instructions however I don't really understand coding terms since I'm not advanced as you and 27X are. How can I attrib -r, as you describe? Thanks for the help by the way
attrib is a DOS command, essentially, removes (-) the read (r) attribute of a file or folder so it can actually be modified. Same as right clicking on a file and unchecking the read only box

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
right click on the file in windows explorer and set it to read only after changing it that is oldshool attrib +r
I'm not familiar with attrib, but if it's like chmod then it would add the read flag to the file. Whereas making the file readonly would remove the write flag as well. Does attrib +r also remove write access?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
yes read only this way the internal engine logic is forced to accept the values and any internal unreal engine pre benchmark even would have no impact

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Output Screenshot
what are your system specs ?

try to sync with one of my screenshot results, Alet Dreamer table dogy scene is a good one

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes