3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Magincap

Jul 28, 2019
As in the previous update, I have problems with FPS, the number of frames does not exceed 30, the drivers for the video card are new, the resolution of the monitor is 1600x900, and the Fallen Doll operates at 60 fps with the maximum graphics settings, I don’t understand what the problem is, maybe you can help me? Low quality hurts the eyes

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018
My god it lags so much in VR, even with full on reprojection, my computer just can't keep up :S
Edit: just realized they released 1.85 and is tagged VR, probably some fixes for the VR version? can someone share it?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
So I've successfully dumped and ran it with a black screen. I have also found the AES key and unpacked the pak(s is there more than one?) file. From what I can gather from the idea of the dump not working, is that once launched it attempts to access the pak and within the pak is the md5 of the executable which verifies that it is the correct exe, which our dumped exe is not, hence the black screen. Which is why we need to unpack the pak and change where the md5 is located.

I'm not too sure on how to find the md5 of a file or change the md5 as I've read some people doing(Bupo mentioned that's not the correct course but I'm just curious). Another thing I'm not too sure of is how to open up the files from the unpacked pak in order to find the md5.

Bupo mentioned a binary search all, but googling that hasn't really helped (dunno what the right keywords are).

Any advice on tools that can help me for all this?
Once you unpack and put those files where they need to be, remove the Pak file. (Only one, plus its .sig file). Then begin your search through the files for the original MD5. The author didn't encrypt actual data in the Pak file, so you technically in THIS version (and can find MD5 in Pak file plaintext) don't have to unpak but I still recommend it. Also better for uploading since Pak files are crap compression (on purpose, so that game load times are better) and 7z is far better.

Reactions: panda gets you

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
As in the previous update, I have problems with FPS, the number of frames does not exceed 30, the drivers for the video card are new, the resolution of the monitor is 1600x900, and the Fallen Doll operates at 60 fps with the maximum graphics settings, I don’t understand what the problem is, maybe you can help me? Low quality hurts the eyes
Author rescaled game engine graphics. High is now Medium. No optimization.
anti aliasing is very demanding in this one comparing to fallen idol also close ssao as well
Anti-aliasing demands very little these days. But Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) is demanding. Any kind of shadows are.
My god it lags so much in VR, even with full on reprojection, my computer just can't keep up :S
Edit: just realized they released 1.85 and is tagged VR, probably some fixes for the VR version? can someone share it?
It'd be about time for optimizations, if done...
Also, it's version 0.185, not 1.85. Probably only something small changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azero and nonymouse

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Not to mention that one from Baidu was a rip of mine. (I watermarked my earlier releases. v16 and v17 specifically, and for Fallen Doll as well.) Usually I repack them with something like VMProtect or else to help protect that watermark from typically being noticed but I figured if I ran a packer on it people'd ***** about their AVs whining. Not dealing with that ****.

adelphikos

Aug 8, 2019
Now that 18a is posted... can someone give step-by-step on how they bypassed the activation with x64dbg? Hopefully with a couple screenshots?

nonymouse

Jan 4, 2018
Now that 18a is posted... can someone give step-by-step on how they bypassed the activation with x64dbg? Hopefully with a couple screenshots?
The point of debugging talks and stuff was to be able to try it on your own. Bupo already knew how to do it from the start and they gave us the hints for us to pick some of the skills needed.

I don't think anybody would or should post the full guide in the thread, Bupo has given a lot of hints and a lot of people have managed to get it running from those hints.

Why don't you give it a try and see till where you can make it, all the needed hints are already in the thread just need to look from a few pages back

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
You should only be using your new .text in it's old body...That'd solve your IAT problem.
This was the only push I needed, 2 minutes to understand 1 minute to implement and the rest of the day feeling like I should wear a dunce cap. And my IAT was fine, was using cff explorer that was reporting my "IAT Directory" was empty. sstb is gone oep is set and I am ready to rock.

Also found the watermark, out of curiosity is that a standard place to sign or just somewhere you like to use?

As promised.

You may need to reset your settings since they would have adjusted to my system.
I couldn't check the VR version since I don't own a VR headset. However, everything should work fine.

Credits to BupoTiling03-Retired for teaching how things should be done.
gj nonymouse, can confirm your vr version works.

People complaining about poor performance in vr you can change the pixel density(supersampling in other games) down for increases in frames but the game will look like ass if you go to far. Mine runs an average of 12ms-14ms which is just above that 11ms sweet spot for frame times. I dropped the density down just a tiny bit and game runs smooth with little graphical change, though I do run most games with a supersampling of 1.5x - 2x. The game seems poorly optimized, but seeing as the game is still in its infancy we should give them time to make a game that works then have them increase performance imo.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
This was the only push I needed, 2 minutes to understand 1 minute to implement and the rest of the day feeling like I should wear a dunce cap. And my IAT was fine, was using cff explorer that was reporting my "IAT Directory" was empty. sstb is gone oep is set and I am ready to rock.

Also found the watermark, out of curiosity is that a standard place to sign or just somewhere you like to use?

People complaining about poor performance in vr you can change the pixel density(supersampling in other games) down for increases in frames but the game will look like ass if you go to far. Mine runs an average of 12ms-14ms which is just above that 11ms sweet spot for frame times. I dropped the density down just a tiny bit and game runs smooth with little graphical change, though I do run most games with a supersampling of 1.5x - 2x. The game seems poorly optimized, but seeing as the game is still in its infancy we should give them time to make a game that works then have them increase performance imo.
Nah just a junk watermark I put only for the first two binaries. I put it there because it wouldn't hurt anything to be there. It was obvious that I was the only one who was able to do this, so I knew it'd be a safe place to leave it until people figured out ElecKey. Sort of a "I was first" mark, nothing more. Usually, I leave a watermark you can't find easily because I repack and protect the software again (usually different protection that only 'veterans' could wade through and find.)
And **** off with screenshots. We don't baby things here. If you're a baby, you don't belong here. 18+. May sound harsh, but that's the difference between steaks and applesauce (Mark Twain..please say you followed that reference...)

Last edited:
Reactions: funog1

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018

paralogue 0.16-17 had good performance for me, same as fallen doll, they did something here that broke everything

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Now we can move on to learning more stuff? I think Denuvo is the next logical choice :D

Actually you said something earlier about another game. Would you mind pointing me to what/where that was so I can start looking into that next weekend.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes