3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Even factoring that, this kinda difference is too much, last version was crisp and with good FPS, now with everything on low and lower resolution, it looks like crap AND it lags..
Usually if something runs smooth in flat at maximum settings, changing them to medium is enough to make it playable with motion smoothing/reprojection in VR, and if it's an action game and you want 'native' 90 FPS, then low settings and resolution downscale from 100% to 80-90% is usually enough to get perfect performance. This is the first VR game i've ever played that no matter how i thinker with it, the trade off between look and performance doesn't make any sense at all.
10-20 fps on ultra non-vr.. though it works fine on medium.
I don't have a top end pc, but it's enough to run witcher 3 on ultra 60 fps
Yeah, game is entirely not optimized. Author also re-scaled graphics settings. The old 'High' is the new 'Medium'.

Reactions: superpowered00

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Oh, just found this thread. They seem to be talking about migrating to cloud gaming platform some time in the future under the influence of their publisher (they did not add drm to Fallen Doll before the shit headed publisher was involved). Is that possible to crack a cloud based game as crackers hosted private servers for online games in the good old days? BupoTiling03-Retired

Last edited:

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Even factoring that, this kinda difference is too much, last version was crisp and with good FPS, now with everything on low and lower resolution, it looks like crap AND it lags..
Usually if something runs smooth in flat at maximum settings, changing them to medium is enough to make it playable with motion smoothing/reprojection in VR, and if it's an action game and you want 'native' 90 FPS, then low settings and resolution downscale from 100% to 80-90% is usually enough to get perfect performance. This is the first VR game i've ever played that no matter how i thinker with it, the trade off between look and performance doesn't make any sense at all.
Didn't see complaints about fps on their Patreon, so it could be something with the crack (I don't play with vr)

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Didn't see complaints about fps on their Patreon, so it could be something with the crack (I don't play with vr)
Nah, there as a post regarding performance issues since he rescaled the gfx. Nothing to do with crack. You can run in debugger and simply 'skip' the protection without modifying anything and then detach debugger and still have the performance difference.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Oh, just found this thread. They seem to be talking about migrating to cloud gaming platform some time in the future under the influence of their publisher (they did not add drm to Fallen Doll before the shit headed publisher was involved). Is that possible to crack a cloud based game as crackers hosted private servers for online games in the good old days? BupoTiling03-Retired
When it comes to Unreal Engine games, they can still be ripped. by legitimate players. Unreal Engine specifically, I'm familiar with, so that kind of move will not help them. There is a growing push in some engines to try to move to they-host platforms but it won't catch on. Latencies will NEVER allow decent games to be done this way. Sure, kiddie games, but no FPS will ever be they-host.

Reactions: Krosos

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
When it comes to Unreal Engine games, they can still be ripped. by legitimate players. Unreal Engine specifically, I'm familiar with, so that kind of move will not help them. There is a growing push in some engines to try to move to they-host platforms but it won't catch on. Latencies will NEVER allow decent games to be done this way. Sure, kiddie games, but no FPS will ever be they-host.
:unsure:hang on, how exactly do you rip a game from a streaming service? I thought cloud gaming means that the program won't run locally.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
:unsure:hang on, how exactly do you rip a game from a streaming service? I thought cloud gaming means that the program won't run locally.
Read what I said again. "When it comes to Unreal Engine games, they can still be ripped." Because they are run locally. Assets can also be crawled just from parsing game asset bin. ;)

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Read what I said again. "When it comes to Unreal Engine games, they can still be ripped." Because they are run locally. Assets can also be crawled just from parsing game asset bin. ;)
Looks like you misunderstood. I was talking about Stadia model cloud games, it sounds like you only receive the video stream with it.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Looks like you misunderstood. I was talking about Stadia model cloud games, it sounds like you only receive the video stream with it.
No you misunderstood:
"Is that possible to crack a cloud based game as crackers hosted private servers for online games in the good old days?"
"When it comes to Unreal Engine games, they can still be ripped. by legitimate players. Unreal Engine specifically, I'm familiar with, so that kind of move will not help them."

Own up already and move on.

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Dude, how can you possibly get hold of the game asset bin if you only receive the video stream from Stadia or Xcloud? Not trying to argue over who misunderstood, just curious about the feasibility.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Dude, how can you possibly get hold of the game asset bin if you only receive the video stream from Stadia or Xcloud? Not trying to argue over who misunderstood, just curious about the feasibility.
Back to Stadia/Xcloud when I specifically mentioned Unreal Engine...
As for Unreal Engine, they can be ripped from the browser because they're streamed via browser, code and all. May have to parse out assets and make own extensions to work with session (some are dynamic) to requests assets (some may be behind dynamic session interaction-based validation) but entirely possible for UE games. Again, UE. Done this several times myself. Maybe download Epic Games Launcher and work with Unreal Engine to test it out for yourself. It's free. Maybe can get practice ripping. Make your own protections, like I mentioned above, to make things difficult. Knowing the engine and your own protection, see if you can break/rip it.

If you're asking for my comments/opinions about Stadia/Xcloud, a bit off topic but [video+audio]-only streams can only be recorded, nothing more. But that won't catch on mainstream. No American ISP can guarantee <16ms/2 (receive and send) latency to achieve 60FPS. No one is going to want to play any FPS/time-sensitive game like that. * Although this isn't to say that Stadia/Xcloud are dead in the water. Far from it. Any non-sensitive game will probably be desirable by most laymen/casual players. Pancake/Milkshake kind of games will be entirely acceptable, I believe. Now back on topic..

Last edited:
Reactions: Krosos

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Tech of this Game is overall not really interesting most Illusion Games are more interesting, the crazyiness in protection for a Unreal Based production is just insane for having nothing special under the hood at all ;)

You are awesome @Bupo ;)

10-20 fps on ultra non-vr.. though it works fine on medium.
I don't have a top end pc, but it's enough to run witcher 3 on ultra 60 fps
Ther'e a lot of Simulation parts being added to Paralogue ontop of the Unreal Core which gonna eat your GPU/CPU if you going to get CPU bound, also Nvidia Hardware is going to brake apart fast managing this overhead efficiently on the Driver side DX 11 is no solution in the long run, you need to call Nvidias APIs Directly from within Unreal low level to avoid many of these problems and this opens many more problems at the same time.

Witcher 3 is not over percentage trying to be a Simulation it has only very minor Simulation parts inside of the Red Engine 3 Core and overall bad implementations of those (sponsored by our lovely Nvidia R&D).

For VR the Simulation part of things (Physics) takes a much higher Space and thus is going to take a lot of combined resources, older High Level APIs and Single Threaded optimized Hardware Paths will not really manage this efficiently anymore in the Future, they have to go ways to reduce overhead in other places.

Comparing Witcher 3 with some like these Simulation targeted "Experiences" is the wrong way to compare, especially as Multiview Rendering and Single-pass Shader Execution are nothing a Game like Witcher 3 has to fight with creating VR 3D Depth and to reduce the overall "experienced latency from playback device to HMD" in a range at best of like 10-20 ms per frame constant as your goals on a broad range of target systems in the complex PC configuration space.

You can compare Witcher 3 with things like Assasins Creed, Watch Dogs, Grand Theft Auto, Mafia 3, Metal Gear Solid,Dragon Age Inquisition, Hitman, Tomb Raider whereby some have more Simulation Core Parts and some less but overall the balance is the same per Frame.
In a VR Production that's goal is Present this is much more per Frame, especially when we talking about trying to Simulate Humanoids with the Present Goal and direct intimate interactions in mind, which you gonna see the majority of Adult Productions gonna fight with in the Future.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
The Tech of this Game is overall not really interesting most Illusion Games are more interesting, the crazyiness in protection for a Unreal Based production is just insane for having nothing special under the hood at all ;)

You are awesome @Bupo ;)

Ther'e a lot of Simulation parts being added to Paralogue ontop of the Unreal Core which gonna eat your GPU/CPU if you going to get CPU bound, also Nvidia Hardware is going to brake apart fast managing this overhead efficiently on the Driver side DX 11 is no solution in the long run, you need to call Nvidias APIs Directly from within Unreal low level to avoid many of these problems and this opens many more problems at the same time.

Witcher 3 is not over percentage trying to be a Simulation it has only very minor Simulation parts inside of the Red Engine 3 Core and overall bad implementations of those (sponsored by our lovely Nvidia R&D).

For VR the Simulation part of things (Physics) takes a much higher Space and thus is going to take a lot of combined resources, older High Level APIs and Single Threaded optimized Hardware Paths will not really manage this efficiently anymore in the Future, they have to go ways to reduce overhead in other places.

Comparing Witcher 3 with some like these Simulation targeted "Experiences" is the wrong way to compare, especially as Multiview Rendering and Single-pass Shader Execution are nothing a Game like Witcher 3 has to fight with creating VR 3D Depth and to reduce the overall "experienced latency from playback device to HMD" in a range at best of like 10-20 ms per frame constant as your goals on a broad range of target systems in the complex PC configuration space.

You can compare Witcher 3 with things like Assasins Creed, Watch Dogs, Grand Theft Auto, Mafia 3, Metal Gear Solid,Dragon Age Inquisition, Hitman, Tomb Raider whereby some have more Simulation Core Parts and some less but overall the balance is the same per Frame.
In a VR Production that's goal is Present this is much more per Frame, especially when we talking about trying to Simulate Humanoids with the Present Goal, which you gonna see the majority of Adult Productions gonna fight with.
Uh thank you. :)

I've heard of Illusion Games. Seriously unoptimized DX9 "we barely threw it together" engines they have. Woof. I once had to figure out why a friend of mine wasn't getting any HW-acceleration (d3d9.dll replacement stuff, and make it work with subtitling because they don't speak anything but Hermglish...) Mostly due to driver changes at the time for AMD. About the only screw-up they had.

Author could have enabled Vulkan and it might help with some of it (UE supports DX12 and Vulkan, has for a while, but many shaders still don't compile yet).

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes but they had nice implementation ideas and production value is always high, we going off topic though Illusion is porting most of their things to Unity by now their old in house Engine is deprecated history, it was still much better then some others in that production space trying to be the Square(soft) Enix of Asian Eroge Games (A-GA) in that timeframe and with a lot of special render requirements for their different Artistic Goals.

Long Time now though there was no Game like A-GA with a complete real unique World Story backup (in that case based on a Hentai)
Im still waiting for the Tomb Raider of Eroge from Illusion back to the root, something which though needs to be at least as good as Neir Automata/Tomb Raider/Final Fantasy 15 but whit the explicity of a Illusion Production, not easy to combine though giving both topics space that it feels consistent and of Artistic Value :)

All these Novels get so boring fast done in Production millions of them its pure boring to see the same renderings over and over again and they coming to Unity and Unreal in the same boring way that's hilarious for such Powerful Rendering Cores to smash them up with Full Pre Renderings, how crazy is that.

Last edited:

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Yes but they had nice implementation ideas and production value is always high, we going off topic though Illusion is porting most of their things to Unity by now their old in house Engine is deprecated history, it was still much better then some others in that production space trying to be the Square(soft) Enix of Asian Eroge Games (A-GA) in that timeframe and with a lot of special render requirements for their different Artistic Goals.

Long Time now though there was no Game like A-GA with a complete real unique World Story backup (in that case based on a Hentai)
Im still waiting for the Tomb Raider of Eroge from Illusion back to the root, something which though needs to be at least as good as Neir Automata/Tomb Raider/Final Fantasy 15 but whit the explicity of a Illusion Production, not easy to combine though giving both topics space that it feels consistent and of Artistic Value :)

All these Novels get so boring fast done in Production millions of them its pure boring to see the same renderings over and over again and they coming to Unity and Unreal in the same boring way that's hilarious for such Powerful Rendering Cores to smash them up with Full Pre Renderings, how crazy is that.
I doubt that day will come at all. Illusion has been shifting focus and started developing nonadult mobile f2p games now. They already announced that they would attend TGS 2019 to showcase it.
We all know how that idea changed Lilith soft.
Oh shit, I just found out Lilith is going to TGS 2019 to promote their new nonadult mobile f2p game as well lmao

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018

Good riddance to their in-house engine. Got tired of fixing bugs for people. (But I must disagree with it being better than some engines...ain't seen many it could be better than.) As for the rest, for whoever, they can wait and see. Need to stay on topic though.

Last edited:

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
I understand the game isn't as optimized as certain counterpart games, but please don't derail off topic. There been report complaining it's going to derail soon.

openSourceProponent

Aug 19, 2019
Hello everybody

So, I created an automatic debugger for Paralogue. It does similarly to what Bupo have described in his post #123.
But it does all the debugging automatically.

To run it:
- unzip "paralogue runner.zip" where would be an exe file.
- put "paralogue runner.exe" into the directory ...ParalogueXXX/WindowsNoEditor/Paralogue/Binaries/Win64/
- confirm the game exe file is there, and it is named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe
- run "paralogue runner.exe".

For this automatic debugger to work, it needs original(uncracked) binary(exe-file). It looks for a file named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe,
starts it in a debugging mode, circumvents its anti-debugging stuff, skips DRM, and then just runs the game.

I have tested it on Paralogue 0.16 and 0.18a (non-VR). I believe it might work on other versions as well as VR versions.

I run it on Windows8.1/i5-2310

Let me know, if C sources worth posting here.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes