3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

reducto

Apr 5, 2019
openSourceProponent I appreciate the effort, but I do believe this goes against what Bupo has been trying to do all this time. Which is to teach people here how to do things themselves instead of asking for handouts.
It does not make any sense. Anyone who wants to play this game, have to learn this crack job? Even English is not my native lang. I don't even understand what they're(bupo and others) talking about. I can't do this crack job. In your logic, shouldn't any game be cracked? I'm glad the crack groups don't think like you do.

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
It does not make any sense. Anyone who wants to play this game, have to learn this crack job? Even English is not my native lang. I don't even understand what they're(bupo and others) talking about. I can't do this crack job. In your logic, shouldn't any game be cracked? I'm glad the crack groups don't think like you do.
Bupo does think like he do. Bupo was pretty clear that he's against posting screenshots, scripts or step by step tutorial. I guess he does not like script kiddies running around, but if someone does share them I doubt he has the authority to take it down tho :LOL:

Last edited:

reducto

Apr 5, 2019
Bupo does think like he do. Bupo was pretty clear that he's against posting screenshots, scripts or step by step tutorial. I guess he does not like script kiddies running around, but if someone does share them I doubt he has the authority to take it down tho :LOL:
It's nice of him to teach people that. But that shouldn't mean everyone has to do this crack thing. People who want to learn, they can learn. But it's ridiculous to force everyone into it. And he's not the some of 'king' here.

Reactions: Xol

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'm glad the crack groups don't think like you do.
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just relaying a viewpoint of another user.

It's nice of him to teach people that. But that shouldn't mean everyone has to do this crack thing. People who want to learn, they can learn. But it's ridiculous to force everyone into it. And he's not the some of 'king' here.
The thing is that he (or whoever else cracked the game) will release it a week after it's been published. So learning to crack yourself is not a necessity in any case.

I've gone through the trouble of running the game through the debugger myself. It's not that difficult to do and it means I won't have to rely on anyone else to crack the game as soon as the download links are here. I would not have that benefit if people were giving out cracks right away.

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just relaying a viewpoint of another user.

The thing is that he (or whoever else cracked the game) will release it a week after it's been published. So learning to crack yourself is not a necessity in any case.

I've gone through the trouble of running the game through the debugger myself. It's not that difficult to do and it means I won't have to rely on anyone else to crack the game as soon as the download links are here. I would not have that benefit if people were giving out cracks right away.
We all come here to pirate the game. If someone stands in the way of honest piracy he should be cast aside, even the one who originally cracked it. He's not the only one who can crack it now anyway.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello everybody

So, I created an automatic debugger for Paralogue. It does similarly to what Bupo have described in his post #123.
But it does all the debugging automatically.

To run it:
- unzip "paralogue runner.zip" where would be an exe file.
- put "paralogue runner.exe" into the directory ...ParalogueXXX/WindowsNoEditor/Paralogue/Binaries/Win64/
- confirm the game exe file is there, and it is named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe
- run "paralogue runner.exe".

For this automatic debugger to work, it needs original(uncracked) binary(exe-file). It looks for a file named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe,
starts it in a debugging mode, circumvents its anti-debugging stuff, skips DRM, and then just runs the game.

I have tested it on Paralogue 0.16 and 0.18a (non-VR). I believe it might work on other versions as well as VR versions.

I run it on Windows8.1/i5-2310

Let me know, if C sources worth posting here.
Things will change in future I'm sure. Besides, if you're posting a custom program, don't post executables, post source.
Actually they do. If you've ever met them or talked with them, they don't want gimmies to have their cracks. They're leaked often by people like you. And no, you don't have to crack the game to enjoy it. Just wait a week for the author to make his money and then others who can crack it release it here.
We all come here to pirate the game. If someone stands in the way of honest piracy he should be cast aside, even the one who originally cracked it. He's not the only one who can crack it now anyway.
Right because I went out of my way to teach them how. Duh... Besides, I've heard a rumor that the author is going to change something that most of you won't be able to grasp anyway. Probably has to do with the fact that I maybe tipped them off on how to do that. For instance, use the actual values from ElecKey for users...and you'd have to then crack ElecKey instead of bypassing it. Short, quick, simple. It'd stop everyone here (except me). But at that point, I wouldn't give a damn to bother teaching anymore because of trolls like you.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello everybody

So, I created an automatic debugger for Paralogue. It does similarly to what Bupo have described in his post #123.
But it does all the debugging automatically.

To run it:
- unzip "paralogue runner.zip" where would be an exe file.
- put "paralogue runner.exe" into the directory ...ParalogueXXX/WindowsNoEditor/Paralogue/Binaries/Win64/
- confirm the game exe file is there, and it is named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe
- run "paralogue runner.exe".

For this automatic debugger to work, it needs original(uncracked) binary(exe-file). It looks for a file named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe,
starts it in a debugging mode, circumvents its anti-debugging stuff, skips DRM, and then just runs the game.

I have tested it on Paralogue 0.16 and 0.18a (non-VR). I believe it might work on other versions as well as VR versions.

I run it on Windows8.1/i5-2310

Let me know, if C sources worth posting here.
It is clean, but you shouldn't do it the way you did. You should just redirect execution to return from LoadLibraryA instead and then do a reverse byte-search for a JMP XXXX and then set execution to follow that address... Your way isn't future-proof against address changes without doing so. This also doesn't stop people from running the first executable Loader. Maybe aim to replace the Loader and assume relative offset to Shipping binary as well.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018
Not sure how cracking will even work now that the dev has made it clear they are looking into a cloud base version of the game with a cloud based provider. Not sure what the timeline for that is, but they seemingly are in talks from what was said on their Patreon.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Never was a king, never forced anyone to do anything, only asked them to. If authors don't make money, they quit making things. For Indies, best to give them some time before releasing stuff. I'm not Trump, Hillary, Bush, Hitler, a Republican, so no I'd never force my way of life on anyone. Read the thread...
Not sure how cracking will even work now that the dev has made it clear they are looking into a cloud base version of the game with a cloud based provider. Not sure what the timeline for that is, but they seemingly are in talks from what was said on their Patreon.
If it uses Unreal Engine, it can be ripped. I mentioned it above. But I doubt they'll move to cloud with Unreal Engine unless they Stadia/Xcloud/etc it. UE is meant for LAN-serves, not WAN. Imagine trying to stream GBs to to play. But I'm done with this environment, so I'll leave it to others to learn how to rip who aren't burnt out on toxics. Gotta love toxics. They can't do anything for themselves and run off the people who can. I wonder who'd be willing to tolerate them and crack new protections. Worked out for them, didn't it? *Unwatch All*

Last edited:

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
This feels like it could be an allegory straight out of Aesop's Fables. I see it like this:

A villager asks a passing farmer to grow something for a hungry village. Instead the farmer takes the time to teach the village to grow some corn for themselves. Unfortunately most villagers are to lazy to tend to their own crop so they keep pestering the farmer to do it for them. The villagers that did learn how grow corn came to an agreement with the farmer that they would share their crops after first making sure that their own families had enough. This wasn't good enough for some of the lazy villagers so they kept complaining. One of the village farmers had heard enough of these complaints and thought he could help by creating a new corn where all the villagers had to do was throw it and watch it grow. The lazy villagers were overjoyed by this new corn and outraged that the teaching farmer did not do this in the first place, they decide kill him. Life in the village is good for a while. The season begins to change and as it gets colder the self growing corn begins to die. Without the corn the village is back to starving and without someone to teach them about what kind of crop to grow in a colder season everyone ends up starving to death.
THE END

All I can say is well done peeps.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
This feels like it could be an allegory straight out of Aesop's Fables. I see it like this:

A villager asks a passing farmer to grow something for a hungry village. Instead the farmer takes the time to teach the village to grow some corn for themselves. Unfortunately most villagers are to lazy to tend to their own crop so they keep pestering the farmer to do it for them. The villagers that did learn how grow corn came to an agreement with the farmer that they would share their crops after first making sure that their own families had enough. This wasn't good enough for some of the lazy villagers so they kept complaining. One of the village farmers had heard enough of these complaints and thought he could help by creating a new corn where all the villagers had to do was throw it and watch it grow. The lazy villagers were overjoyed by this new corn and outraged that the teaching farmer did not do this in the first place, they decide kill him. Life in the village is good for a while. The season begins to change and as it gets colder the self growing corn begins to die. Without the corn the village is back to starving and without someone to teach them about what kind of crop to grow in a colder season everyone ends up starving to death.
THE END

All I can say is well done peeps.
Very well referenced (Aesop's Fables). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepito1233

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't think that should be much of an issue for some time to come. First of all, the post started with this:
Technically speaking this is still too early to discuss and is not going to bear much fruit in the span of a year or two,
So it's still a ways away. The third paragraph then starts with this:
We're not entirely sold on this idea and I'm skeptical who would wish to play adult games on the subway with their smart phone
So it appears far from certain that this cloud gaming actually will become a thing when it comes to ProjectH.

If it comes down to it, I'll just wait for the release of the game and for someone to share it then. You know, in about a decade's time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Vampiric Dreams

edale

Apr 1, 2018
I'm glad the crack groups don't think like you do.
Methinks you should do some research on The Scene (and if you don't know what that is, you have no right to be talking about cracking groups).

Point-in-fact, pretty much ALL the major cracking groups think like this.

And he's never come out and said it, but to anyone capable of reading between the lines, it's quite obvious that Bupo is from one of the major Scene groups...

Personally, I'd much rather have my games cracked by people doing it for the intellectual challenge of cracking the DRM, and out of a feeling that DRM is inherently wrong, than by people doing it just to not have to pay for something. It's the difference between going to a 5-star restaurant and getting served a burger cooked by Gordon Ramsay vs going to McDonalds and getting a burger made by the 17 year-old highschool dropout who hates his job. You're much less likely to have your food spit in by Ramsay.

Blow Me

Oct 5, 2017
I don't see how someone cracking a game a few times. Then moving on from cracking said game for whatever reasons, YET still willingly teaching others how to crack it is considered "standing in the way of honest piracy" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean lol). Wouldn't teaching others how to crack a game be the opposite of standing in the way of piracy? I mean it's not like they're actively going around reporting uploads/threads to the developers and having links taken down or anything like that. Now THAT would be "standing in the way of honest piracy", I think.

But yeah, let's just completely ignore what they've done when it comes to cracking. Better yet, let's throw them under the bus, all because they're not the only person that can crack the game now. Let's not forget that most of the people that have taken over cracking/making tools were most likely you know...taught by the person that you say should be tossed aside. As far as I know, updates slowed to a crawl or a dead stop once the devs implemented the whole limited use code system to the game with v1.30 (or v1.31? I don't really remember) of Fallen Doll. So honestly...we'd most likely not even have access to Fallen Doll or Paralogue if it wasn't for Bupo.

It's like they say though. No honor among thieves. Amirite?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
One last post (some people pointed out the posts above and suggested I read them, nice reads, thank you all). If you stay off-topic, they'll fuss, so l'll bring it back around:

Another person has asked me to explain in detail why v18 "runs slower" than v17, etc. In v18, the author re-scaled the graphics settings. What used to be "the best" or High in v17 is now Medium. At Medium graphics, you should have roughly the same quality as v17 did. But an additional note: This game is severely unoptimized.

Note to Author: View [Lit->Optimization Viewmodes] as a start to view unoptimized areas (pretty much everything...). If you upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.23, you can use the new Unreal Insights tool to help you track things down. Check the Release Notes. If you spend a week optimizing everything, I'm pretty sure more people would appreciate that. It'd be less waste on the environment as well. Might encourage more Patrons, if that is your goal... You should also usually not disable In-game Console (I re-enabled it myself the builds I used to test why performance was low for others) as it allows people to tweak graphics settings such as changing the Ambient Occlusion, Shadow Quality, SSAO, etc... If you want, I can translate to Japanese, just contact sometime.

Nov 11, 2018
I don't think that should be much of an issue for some time to come. First of all, the post started with this:

So it's still a ways away. The third paragraph then starts with this:

So it appears far from certain that this cloud gaming actually will become a thing when it comes to ProjectH.

If it comes down to it, I'll just wait for the release of the game and for someone to share it then. You know, in about a decade's time.
By the time he releases it, my kids will be playing it in their early teens.

• Haha
Reactions: Blow Me

bheemboy

Jul 2, 2019
HOW TO CUM IN THIS GAME ?? IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE PROBLEM WITH THE GAME SOME SORT ?? ANYBODY COULD PLZ HELP... anyway the game is JUST perfect 10/10. just dickworthy... (y)(y)(y):D(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes