3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

TinyTanya

May 11, 2018
not sure about this. Wonder where this is going
The devs very likely don't know themselves it seems, they completely switched the direction of this project several times now.
It seems to me like they have some ppl with good art,modeling and animation skills and knowledge how to work on a modern engine like UE4 (They hinted at being a AAA dev's at some point) but no concept and no one who can come up with one, stick to it and actually manage a project like this.
They also have a hard on for draconian DRM and piracy in general which makes sense if they have a AAA background since it's still the boogeyman in most of these studios because the suits and investors don't like it.

Last edited:

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
The devs very likely don't know themselves it seems, they completely switched the direction of this project several times now.
It seems to me like they have some ppl with good art,modeling and animation skills and knowledge how to work on a modern engine like UE4 (They hinted at being a AAA dev's at some point) but no concept and no one who can come up with one, stick to it and actually manage a project like this.
They also have a hard on for draconian DRM and piracy in general which makes sense if they have a AAA background since it's still the boogeyman in most of these studios because the suits and investors don't like it.
They stated that they have Ubisoft devs working with them. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to stop piracy as it's their product. As for the direction, that is mostly dictated by the patrons that are taking part in the monthly poll.

TinyTanya

May 11, 2018
They stated that they have Ubisoft devs working with them. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to stop piracy as it's their product. As for the direction, that is mostly dictated by the patrons that are taking part in the monthly poll.
Ubisoft yeah that explains it then they are absolutely paranoid when it comes to piracy. They usually put at least 3 different DRM and anti temper solutions in their games and they where the first publisher experimenting with always online DRM as well.
Also while it's a great idea to leave smaller choices to the community to decide like the outfit of a protagonist or some other minor stuff like that it's definitely not a good idea to do this with the games whole concept . They should allrdy have this somewhat worked out considering they are working on this project for many years allrdy (at least if we count Fallen Doll as well).

Last edited:
Reactions: whogivesafuck
Dec 9, 2018
Game freezes at first screen. Unplayable.
You need to wait a while for it to load, especially if you have a weaker PC. On my old laptop it was stuck at the loading screen for around a minute before it let me into the game. If it freezes for more than 2-5 minutes you probably can't run the game or are having driver issues.

Reactions: Justwatcher

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Ubisoft yeah that explains it then they are absolutely paranoid when it comes to piracy. They usually put at least 3 different DRM and anti temper solutions in their games and they where the first publisher experimenting with always online DRM as well.
Also while it's a great idea to leave smaller choices to the community to decide like the outfit of a protagonist or some other minor stuff like that it's definitely not a good idea to do this with the games whole concept . They should allrdy have this somewhat worked out considering they are working on this project for many years allrdy (at least if we count Fallen Doll as well).
I suspect they were not as worried, as much, about the DRM, until someone built a program that auto-cracks it on release. Occasionally they would enable a method that was more difficult to crack, then the following release would not have that. It had something to do with the MD5 algo, but I don't fully remember. BupoTiling03 is fully knowledgeable about this. Honestly, a lot of the new DRM implementations has to do with this community.

https://f95zone.to/members/projectheliu.1665606/

They do watch this thread.

clickandboom

Jun 20, 2020
I suspect they were not as worried, as much, about the DRM, until someone built a program that auto-cracks it on release.
Yeah, there were people pointing out that posting an auto cracker here will inevitably lead to the devs shifting focus completely towards multiplayer.
imagine what will happen if Helius sniffs it out, we risk losing the single player part of the game altogether. You are being a smartass at the expense of everyone (including yourself) here.
Alas, the author of the cracker did not listen and it has come true now.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Hello everybody

So, I created an automatic debugger for Paralogue. It does similarly to what Bupo have described in his post #123.
But it does all the debugging automatically.

To run it:
- unzip "paralogue runner.zip" where would be an exe file.
- put "paralogue runner.exe" into the directory ...ParalogueXXX/WindowsNoEditor/Paralogue/Binaries/Win64/
- confirm the game exe file is there, and it is named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe
- run "paralogue runner.exe".

For this automatic debugger to work, it needs original(uncracked) binary(exe-file). It looks for a file named Paralogue-Win64-Shipping.exe,
starts it in a debugging mode, circumvents its anti-debugging stuff, skips DRM, and then just runs the game.

I have tested it on Paralogue 0.16 and 0.18a (non-VR). I believe it might work on other versions as well as VR versions.

I run it on Windows8.1/i5-2310

Let me know, if C sources worth posting here.
This was actually the first auto debugger/cracker program. I don't think many people were actively looking at this sex sim back then and the program kinda was forgotten about. Granted, I do not believe it currently works. I did get a copy of the source code from him, back then.

muazerati

Jan 13, 2020
has anyone gotten VR to work? i get a white screen and that's about it. i've been able to run the desktop version no problem. i'm using oculus quest 2 btw

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019
Multiplayer was a direction they took before the auto cracker. They went that route because a Japanese company offered to help them out with their mocap if they put multiplayer in their game. And their explanation of why "harem mode" is the focus, is a new sex system (the scenes should work differently than they do now). Imagine if they would add stuff to previous Fallen Doll game now, that's like what they're doing now with the updates for "classic mode". Of course I think that's just an excuse to have a stream of income from an frequently updated "Online" gamemode after release.

My two cents: The online focus would've happened anyway. At worst the auto cracker sped up the process.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Multiplayer was a direction they took before the auto cracker. They went that route because a Japanese company offered to help them out with their mocap if they put multiplayer in their game. And their explanation of why "harem mode" is the focus, is a new sex system (the scenes should work differently than they do now). Imagine if they would add stuff to previous Fallen Doll game now, that's like what they're doing now with the updates for "classic mode". Of course I think that's just an excuse to have a stream of income from an frequently updated "Online" gamemode after release.

My two cents: The online focus would've happened anyway. At worst the auto cracker sped up the process.
The original auto cracker was in 2019, before the pandemic messed up their US based motion capture work.

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019
The original auto cracker was in 2019, before the pandemic messed up their US based motion capture work.
For how many releases did that one work? I do remember people begging for a crack every release in 2020.
I didn't mean the original auto cracker, I mean the one that people are using now that works differently.
I probably shouldn't call it an auto cracker, maybe a loader is a better term for it.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
For how many releases did that one work? I do remember people begging for a crack every release in 2020.
I didn't mean the original auto cracker, I mean the one that people are using now that works differently.
I probably shouldn't call it an auto cracker, maybe a loader is a better term for it.
I do not remember how many releases it worked for, that was years ago. It bypasses the ElecKey authentication check; like how old CD-ROM and DVD games would check that the disc is in the tray, even if it was not actually required for game play. These were referred as "no cd cracks" so this is really like a crack. This will just automatically do it the way others would do it manually. It just automates the process.

frikkn

Sep 29, 2018
The current crack worked for v0.34 just fine.

Soulbringer71

Jan 26, 2018
You need to wait a while for it to load, especially if you have a weaker PC. On my old laptop it was stuck at the loading screen for around a minute before it let me into the game. If it freezes for more than 2-5 minutes you probably can't run the game or are having driver issues.
Thanks for your reply. No I have a newer one. Dont have problems with Any Games Usually. I will wait a little to see if it works. If not, i will download again. Might have been a faulty download do to internet. Been having issues lately Because of the weather. :) Thanks again.

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019
I do not remember how many releases it worked for, that was years ago. It bypasses the ElecKey authentication check; like how old CD-ROM and DVD games would check that the disc is in the tray, even if it was not actually required for game play. These were referred as "no cd cracks" so this is really like a crack. This will just automatically do it the way others would do it manually. It just automates the process.
Yes, that's how the original auto crack works, automated the patching of the exe to bypass ElecKey. I was referring to the new one people use now, which doesn't touch the exe itself, but emulates ElecKey instead. So yes, you're right, it's a crack.

The current crack worked for v0.34 just fine.
That's what I thought. I meant the original auto crack probably not working for every release. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for people to ask for a crack every single release (until the latest auto crack). But then again, the amount of people asking for a crack when it was in the OP already...

clickandboom

Jun 20, 2020
The entire multiplayer fiasco happened after the auto cracker, so it prolly is at least partially why they decided to accept the japanese company's offer in the first place, not to mention that the shifting accelerated dramatically since the new one came out.

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019
The entire multiplayer fiasco happened after the auto cracker, so it prolly is at least partially why they decided to accept the japanese company's offer in the first place, not to mention that the shifting accelerated dramatically since the new one came out.
Again, I don't think the auto cracker (first one) impacted it that much (if at all), since I don't remember it even being used. Every release people were waiting for bupo or funog1's crack. They clearly said that they accepted the japanese company's offer because of the covid situation in the states. Them having the equipment but no location to use it, and then a company offers them a place to use. Unless they're lying about this the auto cracker has nothing to do with it (especially since I don't see it even being used). The second auto cracker that's still being used now, yea that most likely affected it.

Either way, I'm glad they walked back some of their multiplayer crap, I don't mind the online aspect of it that much, as long as I don't have to "play" with other people.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Having a large room with several scenes going on will just make it much more difficult to emulate. I think that had a bit to do with it, rather than having separate rooms. Sorting out large amount of data going through the stream is going to be tiresome. I think that will be a big benefit, for ProjectH, with changing their multiplayer system.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes