3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
What I don't understand is how the original pitch of, "Heres a gallery mode for an xcom-like strategy game" turned into "heres a gallery mode with a subscription, which you have to play like a mobile gacha game daily for a chance to acquire the animation you want.".
Some greedy asshole looks at the insane amounts of money FIFA or Fate Grand Order are making and thinks to himself that he can be like that too.

Issue here is that this "game" lacks the necessary content (namely, gameplay) to keep the slot machine spinning. In FIFA, Madden, Destiny et al you have actual gameplay mechanics and a gameplay loop that helps hide the fact you're in a skinner box purposely designed by behavioural psychologists to get you to spend money.

What does this "game" have? How long are people going to sit around and spam the same canned animations over and over and over again to grind for Likes? And it's not like the game has any substantial customization to help alleviate the tedium, everyone is going to be using the same character models, the same costumes, the same scenes, the same creatures etc.

Their production pipeline is so glacially slow they're unlikely to be able to keep shipping out fresh content to keep the playerbase up, and without people setting up scenes to jerk each other off the number of users is going to plummet quickly.

Where'd the gameplay go.
I'm going to assume there was never any to begin with.

And even if they do implement gameplay by some miracle, you can bet your ass it's going to be even more gacha bullshit - they emphasized it's going to feature cards for a reason - you we can safely expect to grind/pay for card packs (in a single-player game, one you've already paid for).

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Not only that the Design is also purposely chosen for Mobile touch interface interop ;)

jazon1

Jan 7, 2021
there have been weekly updates for a while but no game updates, game has been pretty much rebuilt for Steam release and beta keys will be coming out soon-ish (within this month, more or less)
i would not expect anything on steam any time soon they are making bank on patreon still and have been saying something will be on steam "later this month" for nearly 6 months now, until their patreon money drops drastically they likely wont put it on steam as they are making more money this way.

jazon1

Jan 7, 2021
It's a shame, even if you buy the game (if it goes on sale) you still won't be able to enjoy it properly, I wouldn't mind paying about 30 - 40 dollars if the game came out complete and without the stupid online
Exactly how i feel i would have payed a good $60. maybe even more for some Dlc's/costumes for a single player game like the last solo demo but bigger...i have 0 interest in being in a big online circle jerk with a bunch of men.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I just played the OG Fallen Doll and opened the credits...
This page isn't scrollable downward, and I wanted to ask...are those ALL of their supporters that are listed there? Like all the people that made Fallen Doll a thing using their money? Because if they are, by the amount of support they have now they should make an amazing game if they managed to make the OG with so little support. Doubt that's all the support tho, just asking.
Also, what the hell, the first time I played the OG it felt lackluster from the beginning and I just quit it, now I just found out that is arguably better than Operation Lovecraft lol...it's so freaking good and there are so many nice positions, y'all should try it, might be better than their new game if they decide to use a shitty game model...everything is better except the physics and graphics in Fallen Doll

xTheLaw

Jun 19, 2018
Looks like the NSFW parts of the game won't be integrated with the gameplay at all.
The last Patreon update on the topic said that the SFW campaign will be first and NSFW integrated later.
Now it's gonna remain a completely separate mode and will stay that way apparently. Just confirmed in chat on discord.
Looks like it will be another blunder like Subverse.

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
Looks like the NSFW parts of the game won't be integrated with the gameplay at all.
The last Patreon update on the topic said that the SFW campaign will be first and NSFW integrated later.
Now it's gonna remain a completely separate mode and will stay that way apparently. Just confirmed in chat on discord.
Looks like it will be another blunder like Subverse.
Yeah, seems like a lot of devs want to have their cake and eat it too. (By making a game that attracts niche audiences, but is also acceptable to mainstream audiences.)

Can't blame them though, making your product mainstream will undoubtedly bring in more money than catering solely to a niche audience. Just wish they would be upfront about that instead of pulling a bait-and-switch.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah, seems like a lot of devs want to have their cake and eat it too. (By making a game that attracts niche audiences, but is also acceptable to mainstream audiences.)

Can't blame them though, making your product mainstream will undoubtedly bring in more money than catering solely to a niche audience. Just wish they would be upfront about that instead of pulling a bait-and-switch.
I understand that, but at the same time....who tf would play this for anything else except you know what?
There's no way in hell that this game will offer better gameplay than all the other games already available, especially not at the start....I personally would not play it for the gameplay lol, but it might just be me

• Haha
Reactions: Novari

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
I understand that, but at the same time....who tf would play this for anything else except you know what?
There's no way in hell that this game will offer better gameplay than all the other games already available, especially not at the start....I personally would not play it for the gameplay lol, but it might just be me
I saw the writing on the wall back in feb when I was supporting these guys, they stopped making monthly updates to focus on steam version/harem mode nonsense. its been 8 months and still no steam version and I am not a big fan of harem mode. I stopped my backing right there and then in feb

devs work for Ubisoft as well that's why they are so crazy about piracy....

Izalith

Sep 15, 2019
Man, this is just a train wreck.
From a standalone game to "always online" DRM bullshit.

Let's face it, no one cares about the gameplay and the devs haven't bothered to show any because of that.
We know you're here for the animations. Now that they are cuckolding the animations there is no reason to buy.

Witholding content in a paid game is blue-balling to the highest extent. Imagine your SO teasing you in a bunny suit, then says to you "you can have me in 2 weeks if you treat me to a nice $300 dinner." Fk that cuck shit, she's just disrepecting and using you as a money printer at that point. (Which describes the Patreon well).

$300 is probably the cheaper end too, knowing how predatory lootboxes are.

"Can't wait to grind and fap to these animations months later!" said no one ever.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Man, this is just a train wreck.
From a standalone game to "always online" DRM bullshit.

Let's face it, no one cares about the gameplay and the devs haven't bothered to show any because of that.
We know you're here for the animations. Now that they are cuckolding the animations there is no reason to buy.

Witholding content in a paid game is blue-balling to the highest extent. Imagine your SO teasing you in a bunny suit, then says to you "you can have me in 2 weeks if you treat me to a nice $300 dinner." Fk that cuck shit, she's just disrepecting and using you as a money printer at that point. (Which describes the Patreon well).

$300 is probably the cheaper end too, knowing how predatory lootboxes are.

"Can't wait to grind and fap to these animations months later!" said no one ever.
they know this lol, there was a screenshot a couple of pages back of their dimwit patrons upgrading their subs to big tier because it guarantees a key
its like 100 bucks for it lmao

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes