3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Looks like the beta build is broken. Infinite loading loop to Harem mode, gallery mode has some new (to me) animations that do not work, the characters won't load in.

Oh well, that's just normal early access I guess.
it hasn't started yet thats why....

its gonna start at 18:00 pst aka 6pm pacific time

kangsgem

Jan 20, 2018
Discord update:
News post from Steam, unsure if folks saw it so just in case. Also I'm yellow now. If you'd like us to also post Steam news updates here (or not), let us know!

Harem Mode Closed Beta and Demo Content Unlocking

Greetings, Researchers! How was your first day aboard the Archimedes Space Station?

Operation Lovecraft: Fallen Doll’s Harem Mode closed beta test is coming to Steam November 29th, 19:00 PST (7 PM Pacific Standard Time) and accessible to crowdfunding backers (note: this means Patrons, Steam doesn't let us refer to Patreon in anyway, so).

All contents currently unavailable in the Demo version will also be unlocked for all Steam players, even if you are not a crowdfunding supporter (aka Patron).

Please note that the Closed Beta version of the game is separate from the Demo version, and needs to be manually added to your Steam library with an activation key.

The closed beta test is planned to last approximately 6 months. New features such as DLSS support, multiplayer VR support & cross-play for VR and desktop versions, the Erotes Nightclub, pregnancy & egg-laying mechanisms will be gradually added over the 3 beta phases.

Reactions: Jinkiria

Goshtic

Oct 22, 2019
I remember them saying DLSS wasn't coming at cbt launch
Anyhow, the "glassic" mode hasn't been touched so wait for Harem to see the changes. Absolutely nothing new aside from some fallout from the general game changes is in the classic mode.

Personally I found that the game runs better, but I play at 1440p, 4K is really not a gaming resolution - and I say this as a 3080 owner.

The new outfits WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN CBT remember, this is a little surprise. The worst offender is Erika bunny suit clipping but, it's just some clipping, not hard to fix.
I remember reading from one of their Youtube video that they had worked on implementing it. To find out that nothing was done since February 2021 to now, along with the Supporter Costume Bundle is nothing short of a major disappointment.

Understandably, 4K not a gaming resolution is just your opinion, as the gaming community and industry would slap your face across the globe with that comment if you're trying to push it as a factual statement (Jensen will probably want that 3080 back, btw). While the game doesn't have performance issue on the title screen at resolutions under 4K. It's just really stupid that they didn't bother to optimize it all this time. Since the game textures scales beyond 4K and for it to stay optimized for 1080p-1440p-1600p is a waste of texture resolution fidelity.

Anyway, I digress.

We're talking about 9 months later after showing the outfits off. One would expect the first bundle to be fully available for the Early Access (AKA CBT) build. Which was what they originally intended for (there was no CBT non-sense back in Feb-July 2021), but now they change their words completely by switching in a Close Beta and moving Early Access as something far, far off in the distance future (which is perfectly fine, if they still had the outfits already done when they announced it). While the statement still hold true, the outfit bundle is still for Early Access and not for CBT, however CBT wasn't on the table when patreon supporters first made the support purchase. This is another form of switch and bait.

PH's recent comment state that the other outfits won't start showing up until Phase 3 of the CBT. They gave us the impression that they had them done back when it was announced (aww, they were hard at work, they weren't just twiddling their thumbs the whole time /s), something they worked on all those months of not being able to get EA up and running on a schedule with Steam. The truth was they barely had anything ready at all. Thus, the utter disappointment I am having with them at the moment. The benefit of a doubt that I had with them being faithful and working hard on the project is thrown out the window.

Though, my disappointment is temporary, as it comes and go. So just waiting to see how Harem Mode will turn out. I can only expect the worst for now. :ROFLMAO:

user0609

Dec 17, 2018
im uploading the steam demo now if any wants it MAYBE we can get some useful information out of it such as a way to crack the full game when it releases etc and the slim chance of it containing the full game allowing us to unlock all
Nice, please separate vr version and desktop version.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes