3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
I can't even blame Helius for being a scammer. What incentive, besides his own nonexistent conscience, does he even have to work on the game?

All he needs to do is write up some bullshit every month or two, pay some artist to drum up a few bullshots and he earns himself another 200.000 USD without breaking a sweat.

The real culprits here are the people that keep throwing money at him and people like him. I am subscribed to three people on Patreon, but these are guys that for years now have kept their work ethic, have always been communicative, have always released updates and content on schedule, and when they aren't going to meet the (self-imposed) deadline they are prompt to inform everyone.

If most people wasting money on this scam actually forced Helius to keep to his promises under threat of pulling their support he'd be behaving very different.

Instead, regardless of working or not the money keeps pouring in, so why should he "waste" time and effort?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I can't even blame Helius for being a scammer. What incentive, besides his own nonexistent conscience, does he even have to work on the game?

All he needs to do is write up some bullshit every month or two, pay some artist to drum up a few bullshots and he earns himself another 200.000 USD without breaking a sweat.

The real culprits here are the people that keep throwing money at him and people like him. I am subscribed to three people on Patreon, but these are guys that for years now have kept their work ethic, have always been communicative, have always released updates and content on schedule, and when they aren't going to meet the (self-imposed) deadline they are prompt to inform everyone.

If most people wasting money on this scam actually forced Helius to keep to his promises under threat of pulling their support he'd be behaving very different.

Instead, regardless of working or not the money keeps pouring in, so why should he "waste" time and effort?
I've seen some people in this thread that forgot they are paying for patreon.
Imagine being such a whale you forget where you are paying your own money.
Whales like those are the problem, they are dumb enough to be exploited and dev is smart enough to exploit them.
But I'm not complaining, I find it quite amusing watching them get scammed then they come here to complain about developer :ROFLMAO:

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
I've seen some people in this thread that forgot they are paying for patreon.
Imagine being such a whale you forget where you are paying your own money.
Whales like those are the problem, they are dumb enough to be exploited and dev is smart enough to exploit them.
But I'm not complaining, I find it quite amusing watching them get scammed then they come here to complain about developer :ROFLMAO:
If you you can see he actually gets ~3k new subs every month. He has recently been losing slightly more than that but the churn rate is only slightly negative and it was actually slight positive in July, despite no content being added, for some reason. I hate to think how many of those new subs are straight up dropping enough for access to the closed beta too.

The issue with Patreon (and Steam to a lesser extent) is that the developer has complete control over their part of the ecosystem. So long as the game isn't for sale on Steam they can't get negative reviews, which they wouldn't be able to remove, and Helius can delete any comments on Patreon or Steam's game hub that they don't like.

Personally I think platforms like this should be held liable for non-delivery of services if they do not conduct any due diligence or auditing of problematic accounts, but crowdfunding legislation is still relatively nascent so it's not likely to change any time soon.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

pipetkins

Mar 30, 2019
Again, you're not getting a free lunch, you want a game developed you gotta put money into it. The EA launch was promising.

When EA launched there was a lot of good stuff going on. The game being free with some grind was completely fine. People started losing their mind on the stamina system without even trying it, you'd literally have to fap for 2 hours straight to run out of stamina.

Again, had they just updated the beta, the game would be in great shape. There's a big difference between now and then. Before it all went to sh*t we had 2-3 patches every month.

Edit: oh and the people whining about MP are the worst, everyone knew that for like a year+ before launch AND there's a "hide everything" mode, yet somehow HERE it's a problem. Lmao.
Nonsense and nonsense. Let the game developer invest his own personal money and create the game. When he finished it and releases it, then it will be possible to talk about buying.
I never buy semi-finished products. Because very often (and this Chinese fake is an example of that) the developer does what he wants and you will not affect him in any way, except by unsubscribing. And then why pay in advance?

taboge9459

Nov 16, 2021
Personally I think platforms like this should be held liable for non-delivery of services if they do not conduct any due diligence or auditing of problematic accounts, but crowdfunding legislation is still relatively nascent so it's not likely to change any time soon.
You can always charge back services like Patreon, though for some reason with chargebacks people either don't seem to know what they are or think they're a bad word, even though a scummy seller on a marketplace that doesn't regulate itself is one of the main reasons charge backs exist.

DreamRider

Dec 11, 2018
how do the current scenes from OP v0.49 even work if I may ask?

only saw a few through gallery option but that's a minimal amount, almost like a demo. not possible to see anything from harem option and all stuff was basically buttons doing nothing there, is interface even working there at a basic level? had to close the game from task manager tbh, cause nothing seemed to work well enough after entering harem option.

F95phex

Jun 17, 2018
Anyone knows why you can stop receiving news from post you already have set to watch?... I thought that wasn't more news about this game because i didn't saw the advice of new post here, but now that i checked manually there are. And i receive news from new post of other threads i have setup to watch.

Greetings.

Gcats

Sep 8, 2020
Nonsense and nonsense. Let the game developer invest his own personal money and create the game. When he finished it and releases it, then it will be possible to talk about buying.
I never buy semi-finished products. Because very often (and this Chinese fake is an example of that) the developer does what he wants and you will not affect him in any way, except by unsubscribing. And then why pay in advance?
Ah yes, game development should only be for the rich, right. Capitalism baby!
Wtf man.

jazon1

Jan 7, 2021
This guy has milked so much money from his patrons in the past 6 or so years he could've hired a team of a 100 people to develop the game for while he's chilling somewhere on the Maldives.
Yup and apparently he does not like to be questioned about it i asked if the game would ever be realeased on steam EA or if they were going to keep milking patreon forever and they banned me from their forum Rofl must have been a touchy subject for them.

akyryz

Jun 19, 2018
Help, I keep running out of video memory when I load into the game, didn't happen in 0.39
I believe they increased the limit to 4GB of VRAM or maybe to unlimited. idk... You can change that tho. The game use the Unreal Engine, just search how to change "r.Streaming.PoolSize" to something your graphics card can handle.

CosmicBreak

Jun 19, 2018
How did you do it? I tried modding Skyrim a few years ago, but found it annoying. What mods would I need to get those same results?
if you know how it is quite easy.
You should read guild here ( can use translate to english) :
Install Core mods ( like body , texture , .... ) > install Sexlab Framework ( on loverslab website ) > ......... > animation for xxx > in-game ( Profit ???? )

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ah yes, game development should only be for the rich, right. Capitalism baby!
Wtf man.
no it shouldn't just be for the rich, what he's saying is that there souldn't be a scenario where the customer risks all of his invested money, while the developer risks literaly nothing. The entrepreneur is supposed to be tho one that KNOWS if things will work out and handle things when shit hits the fan, not the customer.
But I guess strawmanning his argument is your only option since you literaly have nothing to support this bullshit business practice with

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes