3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

s0m3b0dy

Apr 10, 2021
Because "cheating" in this context would be unlocking content that Helius would rather sell to users via microtransactions, season passes etc.

It is in essence being used as a form of DRM, and given how easily it was bypassed he will probably shell out for stuff like vmprotect and actually start encrypting traffic in the next build too.
Well, there's also multiplayer, so i guess that explains also a bit.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Because they are going for live service game.
Game doesn't need to be competitive to have anti cheat. Hell some devs add anti cheat measures just so they don't have to deal with bug reports caused by people cheating.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Hell some devs add anti cheat measures just so they don't have to deal with bug reports caused by people cheating.
That just means game's balance is broken or game is simply not fun to play(the legit way) if there are so many people who prefers using cheats which leads to more bug reports.
These devs should fix gameplay related problems first instead of focusing on people who are using cheats.
I'm not saying they shouldn't prevent cheats especially in an online game but their priorities seem to be wrong.
Btw, who are these devs? I want to know so I can stay away from them.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
That just means game's balance is broken or game is simply not fun to play(the legit way) if there are so many people who prefers using cheats which leads to more bug reports.
These devs should fix gameplay related problems first instead of focusing on people who are using cheats.
I'm not saying they shouldn't prevent cheats especially in an online game but their priorities seem to be wrong.
Btw, who are these devs? I want to know so I can stay away from them.
You are assuming too much. BaDIK for example has/had function that would crash the game if it would detect cheating. Simply put the game is tested for a legit play if user cheats stats that normally are not possible it will likely lead to problems. If game is popular enough a small % of players still means a lot of false bug reports.

DareDev1

Jun 21, 2019
Does anyone have any idea about upcoming build or something, its been almost or even more than a year. They still announce monthly dev updates but no new version of the game. Is there anything about chrismas build or something?

Aug 13, 2020
declare this thread as 'Abandoned'
I was wondering about this. They did drop the "Operation Lovecraft" surname and cancelled the campaign (later saying that it's on indefinite hiatus to appease the backlash), dropping Gallery mode in favor of something nobody ever asked for.

The transition was so smooth this time around that hardly anyone mentions FD:OL was effectively abandoned and rolled over into FD: Operation Gacha.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
I was wondering about this. They did drop the "Operation Lovecraft" surname and cancelled the campaign (later saying that it's on indefinite hiatus to appease the backlash), dropping Gallery mode in favor of something nobody ever asked for.

The transition was so smooth this time around that hardly anyone mentions FD:OL was effectively abandoned and rolled over into FD: Operation Gacha.
Honestly when the new build comes out they should just rename this thread Paralogue, kill it and put the new build under a new thread with the Operation Lovecraft moniker.

The blurb isn't even accurate anymore as it doesn't support VR and isn't expected to add a single player mode (even ignoring the fact that they'll likely never develop one they've confirmed it'll be separate if they do).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

Koope!

Oct 4, 2019
how to install? guys, describe in more detail, I just don't understand, thank you in advance.
according to the instructions that are available, it does not work

S422

Jun 23, 2022
I think I got it. Now I have no clue how to open the files. I was thinking of porting them over to blender. Any tips?
Hello, Have you successfully ported the model into Blender? I successfully imported meshes files into the blender and manually added materials to it, except the eyes (Alet and Anya). There is an eye occlusion material which cover the eyes and the eyeball meshes are behind it. I’m trying to make it translucent. Still don’t know how to correctly add extracted texture to the eyeballs.
Also, there are many texture map which I don’t what kind of texture map they are. For example, T_Erika_body_CUM_D_2. The mat file says it is a diffuse map, but it doesn’t look like any other diffuse maps in Google.

gangie die 19

Apr 24, 2018
anyone knows the current steam version aes key? im trying to get alet diffuse face texture, i have v0.49 and its aes key i have extracted all of the character but only alets diffuse face texture is not extracting right, the format is dxt5 for it that what is says in ue viewer when i extract the texture its almost all just alpha with some dots on the right corner, which is unusable for me, there some people that have the model extracted but they compressed it so much so i would like to know the aes key for the steam version of the game its called v0.40 ingame some one here have posted the aes key for it but it dose not for v0.40 it only works for v0.49 it would be so thankful if someone could just upload the alets diffuse texture or tell me the aes key for the current steam version which is v0.40

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes