3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
So I did a bit of research and it seems that the graph Helius posted should be from Patreon's creator insight page

Which should be more accurate than Graphtreon.
Yeah but it lets you apply filters:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I suspect that he's filtering on active members, and the lower figures historically reflect the high churn rate in subscribers which wouldn't be apparent in scraped data, but there's no real way of knowing given the lack of context attached to the image Helius shared.

Either way I doubt the active member count on creator's about pages is inaccurate and especially not to the tune of ~30% so he's clearly filtering on some criteria.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Voting with money is indeed the most powerful weapon. They are still one of the most successful projects on Patreon, topped almost all games here by a large margin. All the drama this year didn't seem to make a dent. The difference between their commercial success and reputation here is both astonishing and funny.

Perhaps pirates and all the people who are infuriated by mtx and drm are not their target audience from the very beginning.
He used to post here and had the same "I don't care about piracy, I'm just one of the bros haha" persona a lot of small devs put on. As soon as he smelled big money he took off but he 100% still lurks.

omegabox

Jan 3, 2018
He used to post here and had the same "I don't care about piracy, I'm just one of the bros haha" persona a lot of small devs put on. As soon as he smelled big money he took off but he 100% still lurks.
doubt it, he's not even frequently seen on his own discord and stopped showing up on their subreddit years ago. well it doesn't matter how he thinks of piracy now anyways, action speaks louder than words.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
doubt it, he's not even frequently seen on his own discord and stopped showing up on their subreddit years ago. well it doesn't matter how he thinks of piracy now anyways, action speaks louder than words.
He sent a job offer to the guy who used to develop the server emulator and post updates here. If he's not personally lurking someone in contact with him is, and I have no idea who that could be since even his mods apparently have little to no direct contact with him.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

DareDev1

Jun 21, 2019
what's about the steam versions demo? does it include everything from the closed beta or just a demo of that and asks for money later on its 11gb afterall

Rz85

Jan 27, 2019
lol I can't believe people started funding again just after another meaningless update.
Do they even check what's new before buying in? I swear the tards that buy this shit are the same people that make marketing so effective.
Well, they are not. Scamlius just gave free demo for so called "new members", but the number of paying members is falling to 12 k from almost 20 k before version 0.70.
Almost half of his "patrons" are getting sober since then, finally.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Well, they are not. Scamlius just gave free demo for so called "new members", but the number of paying members is falling to 12 k from almost 20 k before version 0.70.
Almost half of his "patrons" are getting sober since then, finally.
This month he gained 200 subs which is not much but it is a change in trend.

Also regarding the overall loss of patrons - while no doubt it was in large part due to disappointment with the beta release there is another reason. Back then there were incentives to ba a sub - main one was unlocking the access to beta at ~30$ or getting all season passes at cumulative 100$, he was running polls for regularly and bi-monthly there were costume rewards.
Almost all of that is gone now - really if you want to access the beta you are not gonna be chipping in for several months, you will get the clerk tier and get access right away.
So really the subs now are people that already have access to the game yet they stay subbed... for what reason ? to get the premium currency ?

Aug 13, 2020
Crazy to see people still believing in these shady chinese modders' promises after everything that's transpired all these years.

The scammers are clearly in full damage control mode, desperate to keep up the charade.

Bonus points for absolutely confirming campaign and gelato again, the same way it's happened years ago...

clickandboom

Jun 20, 2020
Crazy to see people still believing in these shady chinese modders' promises after everything that's transpired all these years.

The scammers are clearly in full damage control mode, desperate to keep up the charade.

Bonus points for absolutely confirming campaign and gelato again, the same way it's happened years ago...
Chinese? If I remember correctly only one in their core team is chinese or taiwanese (probably not national since they seem to operate in the US). At least two are Russian from the info i gathered from their discord.

yessiyuri1

Sep 14, 2022
what is the difference between the demo 0.7.75b and the f95zone version? is there more content in the demo or not?
First, don't do it. It's not worth it.

Second, the version here is the cracked version 0.4.9 and the current released version is 0.7.75b but that is NOT a demo(you have to pay for it).
(AFAIK the version supplied here is more updated(or at least cracked) than the actual Demo version available on Steam)

The content you're missing out on is 2 maps, 3 extra characters, MULTIPLAYER ONLY(gallery mode still identical: ie no fixes), GOTCHA SYSTEM(with "loot boxes" and penalties for overplaying), and probably just over 10+ position cards per character.

Some of the clothes you get in gallery mode, you have now have to "purchase"(grind).
There are some new items of clothing/accessories.

You are missing out on grinding for content you paid for, only for the server to not register your actions for the day and have you do it all over the next day.

There is NO story mode, NO VR, NO SINGLE PLAYER, NO combat & it's ALWAYS ONLINE.
Ohh yeah and RUNNING DENUVO.
With mid-tier optimizations.

I have an 11th gen i7 8gb rtx 3070 64gb ram 4k monitor, when played at maxed settings GAME IS WORSE THAN RD2 or GTAV. 20+gb ram and 100% GPU.
If your connection to the server is slow, Project Helius recommends using a VPN...

don't do it bro, it's literally not worth it in any way.

you have to pay an accumulated $36+ through Patreon to get a serial to use in Steam.
You'll be banned from their discord or Twitter if you say anything they don't like, or even like a meme or react to a post.
Steam Mods will delete your posts or reactions.
And pretty much every post you make on their Patreon will be ignored.

They have a github repo with hundreds of bugs spanning years, zero dev communication.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes