RPGM Abandoned Fallen Paladin [v1.0.2] [Serio]

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Ok, throwing my thoughts into this as well.

I love the concept of the game, the themes are right up my alley.

The combat system isn't terrible, but it's not good either. It's really hard to tell when you'll get hit vs the enemies being hit as they approach you. Also, if you don't grind a ridiculous amount for weapon and armor upgrades you die in 1-2 hits. This is especially bad going into dungeon 2, where you won't have the opportunity to get materials without risking death. I hated the grind so I used the online save editor to get enough resources.

The money system. Dear god why? You can only carry 99 gold (don't recall whatever they named it). There's no point in this other than the flavor of realism. But every shop has a teddy bear that lets you get money from your follower. So the dev realized how much of a pain it'd be to go back to the inn during every resupply and upgrade trip, but didn't just remove the arbitrary bullshit that wastes time. That and you can't just refill your cash to max, but have to manually put in the exact amount to get to 99. You also can't (as far as I've seen) sell extra items. So the excess of green slime cores I have do nothing for me when I need the arrows and bombs to fight, not the antidotes I can craft with them.

The fact that your dash movement limit is included in the town, when there's (as of the third dungeon at least) literally no combat in the town makes no sense.

The lack of saves in dungeon is fucking annoying. If you play this, every time you get the two way teleport tile, us it. No matter how well you're doing use it. You'll probably get bullshit hits on you that 1-2 shot you, leading to redoing the dungeon and swearing.

The leveling system is whatever, honestly. The XP you get from enemies quickly becomes useless when you get to the second dungeon, only using the upgrades and fairy / skeletons that give you an instant level and using that to increase your base level again.

The shopping / crafting system. It lacks memory, which isn't too bad until you consider the crafting requirements that the game gives for things. So every time you craft 1 item it resets to the top of the crafting menu, so when you're trying to craft the 5 ebony wood for the next level of sword, you first craft wood from 5 branches (which is first on the list, so not an issue). Then you craft 5 wood into 1 ebony, which due to the reset requires you to reset the menu option to it every time.

Potions very quickly heal a tiny amount compared to your HP and enemy damage, so 1 hit will require 2-3 potions. And you can only carry 10 potions at a time.

And annoyed rage quit rank over now.

3lfscout

Jan 8, 2018
People »»playing«« PoC is always hilarious.

They are NOT meant to be (ever) played.
They only exist so their makers can say "I could make this" but that's it.

Serio is a Classic in that category; keeps making concept proofs and has yet to make an actual game, which I doubt will ever happen.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to hurt the 3rd dungeon boss? I keep blowing up the side things but I don't know how to damage the actual boss.
It's tricksy the first time... keyboard SMASH!

Have the bombs equipped before you go in the boss room. As soon as you enter, immediately run to the right lava and place a bomb then immediately run to the left lava and wait for the first bomb to explode and place the second bomb. Hover near the lava so that when the ant turns its back you can go in and spam attack with your sword. You should be able to get up to 10 hits before getting thrown out and poisoned (have both antidote and potions ready).

Then just repeat but now you have to bomb the black cockroaches that appear then the lava on both sides to get the boss ant to turn its back again. Boss takes about 20 hits (guess it depends on your level and sword upgrades).

Tips:

If you run out of bombs, let the red ants touch you (no damage) so they stop and blow up and you will eventually get more bombs (random chance).

The bomb explosion radius is only 1 square deep so you can just walk around saving the sprint for if you are about to get boxed in.

If you get trapped in and exploded there's usually enough time to hit the menu and drink a potion.

Try not to punch a hole through your keyboard / desk / Earth / the fabric of space and time itself when you're spamming Z for attack.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
This has to be the most infuriating rpg maker gave I have ever played. There is no way to speed up the grind even alittle bit...can't cheat at all( I don't always resort to cheating). I'm not as concerned about the cheats as I am about the next issue. I can do without them.
My biggest and most infuriating thing with this is you can't save inside the dungeon so if you end up being killed far into it....all progress is lost (as it should) but when your not even given the option to save just incase you screw up...that to me is a bit rediculous and will probably chase some ppl away.
I could have swore I was able to save inside the 1st dungeon and once I beat it and went back to town, I lost the ability to save outside of town.

Reactions: ZioBen

alithanar8

Oct 27, 2017
What is the code to the room in the fourth dungeon? I tried putting the letters as numbers but there are too many any hints would be appreciated.

Edit: Figured it out, the key to it is in the last note, look for a word that has all the letters provided

Last edited:

abloodk

Jan 10, 2020
anyone knows the deal with the 3 red orbs on the room with the 3 demons (after the ants room, on the 3rd dungeon)?
and, how to open this locked door?

Last edited:

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Hi, I think I'm stuck. Before killing the dungeon 1 boss, I went back to down. Now, I can't seem to get back into the dungeon. How do I go back? Thanks!

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
How do you get the red slime cores? I've seen plenty of fragments but never a red core which I need for the fire bracelt. If I have to venture that far into the dungeon to get the core then what is the point of getting the bracelet? is rng?

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
How do you get the red slime cores? I've seen plenty of fragments but never a red core which I need for the fire bracelt. If I have to venture that far into the dungeon to get the core then what is the point of getting the bracelet? is rng?
You can buy cores from the guy inside the Inn, he's sitting at a table to the right of the receptionist.

With that said, though, if you're doing the fire dungeon at the moment, don't bother farming for the bracelet, just continue as normal.

I did the fire dungeon without the bracelet. I tried getting the bracelet beforehand, but even when I had the red cores, the main character was refusing to do the next Alchemy experiment. Only after the fire dungeon was over, I got the bracelet.

TzorRogo

Mar 19, 2019
How do you kill that golem with the 4 crystals in the 4th dungeon ?
I skipped some text and now i dont have a clue how to beat that thing.

SanaeS

Jun 22, 2018
How do I grind money fast? I finished the 3rd dungeon,did the work and run out of Teru, but still have to level up to 16 from 13 and upgrade weapon and armor

wulfgar

Jan 4, 2017
at first you can refine them in the alchemist shop(the chick that gives you breast potions). go to the golden cauldron next to her. it requires red core fragments and maybe money
later you can buy them from the guy in the inn(right side table)

How do you kill that golem with the 4 crystals in the 4th dungeon ?
I skipped some text and now i dont have a clue how to beat that thing.
i destroyed the 4 crystals with the sword while running away from the golem. they require quite a few swings(don't know if the golem needs to be close to them tbh)

How do I grind money fast? I finished the 3rd dungeon,did the work and run out of Teru, but still have to level up to 16 from 13 and upgrade weapon and armor
edit save file, variable #102(money deposited)

Anyone managed to forge the sword. got mythirl refined and all runes, where to forge it though?
edit: nvm found. need to go back to the spirit in the second dungeon
a little advice: the two endings are with and without the sword forged.

Last edited:

showie

Apr 3, 2019
guys help pls. im stuck after 2nd dungeon. absolutely nothing happened in the city, i was going back to the 2nd dung and find a blue key. and nothing happen now. idk what to do. and i have no money to reach 8lvl for 3d dung
1.png 2.png 3.png

wulfgar

Jan 4, 2017
showie the pattern is simple

level up until you unlock the hypno scenes
new town scenes are unlocked after the lvlup hypno scene
armorsmith and alchemist scene are unlocked by forging armors and completing the quest

if you wanna lvlup fast here is a trick: first dungeon, go left(get key and kill the fairy, it's 1 insta level)
then go back to the start, go up, unlock the door, up again until you end in a room with a fairy and a skeleton on the left with 3 traps(2insta levels). leave the dungeon and max the base level. Repeat as you please

Reactions: showie

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
You can craft the core fragments into cores at the alchemist, for any of the colors. Hell, outside of the first slime before getting to the town I don't recall seeing any full cores from the normal slimes anywhere.

Someone, please, tell me where's the bow
You get it in the second dungeon. When you find a room with 4 breakable orbs and a chest across some water to the north, you need to break all the orbs in a certain amount of time (kill the enemies, let your stamina recover then run for it). It's in that chest.

Reactions: Abbe822

abloodk

Jan 10, 2020
guys help pls. im stuck after 2nd dungeon. absolutely nothing happened in the city, i was going back to the 2nd dung and find a blue key. and nothing happen now. idk what to do. and i have no money to reach 8lvl for 3d dung
View attachment 611125 View attachment 611126 View attachment 611127
the blue key opens the door to the fairy, on the 2nd dungeon (which will give you the artifact quest)
the notes are spread across all the dungeons (found the 3rd note on the 3rd dungeon)
the alchemist quest is pretty straightforward, every time you get one the hypno scenes you open another part of the quest to deliver her some cores, just do that and have fun

Reactions: showie

ilhana123

Feb 3, 2018
can you tell which number is what. i know that item 12 is potion and 2 is ether i tried to cheat adding those numbers and bunch others following how they were written before and now i cant load game i tried to delete changes that i made but it isn't working

Junky0815

Jun 1, 2017
Developer Notes:

A few tips: The game starts very slowly and the dungeons are HARD.

Yeah that's what I'm searching for in a game like this. A hard challenge -.-
Just stop with that missing hits BS and the combat will be fine, but missing the enemy half of the time and loosing 75% HP because he hit me isn't fun.

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes