VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Just for the sake of clarity, I'm going to iterate that the lack of 3090s is making rendering take much longer than usual. I've been stuck on a scene for like a month because it's been a struggle trying to get it rendered since my pc can't handle it. I'll get it done eventually but it's moments like these that make game development take so long sometimes. Factors that aren't really in my control. Believe me when I say, staring at the same fucking scene for a month is not fun at all lmao. I'm gonna keep trying to pose a bit more and see what I can get done regardless while I wait. I also kept working when I was sick last month which took somewhat of a toll. A much more detailed explanation is up on patreon but I thought I'd share a bit of what's been going for those waiting patiently. Have a great day everyone.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Just for the sake of clarity, I'm going to iterate that the lack of 3090s is making rendering take much longer than usual. I've been stuck on a scene for like a month because it's been a struggle trying to get it rendered since my pc can't handle it. I'll get it done eventually but it's moments like these that make game development take so long sometimes. Factors that aren't really in my control. Believe me when I say, staring at the same fucking scene for a month is not fun at all lmao. I'm gonna keep trying to pose a bit more and see what I can get done regardless while I wait. I also kept working when I was sick last month which took somewhat of a toll. A much more detailed explanation is up on patreon but I thought I'd share a bit of what's been going for those waiting patiently. Have a great day everyone.
So sorry to hear you were sick, I gave up on the dream of anything 30x a long time ago but then I’m not a developer.

As a pirate I can be patient... Just take care and stay safe.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Sorry to hear you were sick. It's a tough time for many at the moment.
I look forward to seeing more of your work once you feel better and have solved the PC issues.

Archspect

Dec 29, 2020
After I saw her cheating on me, I literally beat the kid for an hour, and the anger in me didn't subside. No matter how the story progresses, I won't forgive her. The cheater always cheats. The game is very interesting and intriguing. I wonder what's really going to happen. when does the update uploaded? Thank you for the game and efforts. This game has great render and story.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
What a great game that deserves more attention and love. Man I love the subtle stuff in scenes, like when small shots of MC's room are shown, it shows that he hasn't been motivated enough to clean his room which is a direct result of his depression. The fact that we don't see Ava's face at first just perfectly builds up the suspense, the deliverance of her backstory to MC was great. The transitions from past to present are seamless.

Definitely going to be supporting over on patreon. Gonna be keeping an eye on this game.

Sep 3, 2020
So sorry to hear you were sick, I gave up on the dream of anything 30x a long time ago but then I’m not a developer.

As a pirate I can be patient... Just take care and stay safe.
do you know what really kills me is that they could have gone all the way
I'm talking about having a life most people dream of have a house and kids and growing old in each other's arms

there is a saying I forgot exactly how it goes but

alcohol does not make you do anything you don't want to do all it does is bring out who you truly are on the inside
if I may use an example if a person drinks and gets violent it's not the alcohol making him violent
he is violent because that is who he truly is on the inside the alcohol just brings it to the surface :cry:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hope everything is moving along smoothly. Looking forward to seeing where the "road" leads us.

echoalexd

Nov 17, 2020
The first chapter was really great. The story seems interesting. I love the cinematic scenes, it reminds me a lot of summer's gone in that respect. Sort of sucks that Ava isn't an option for me anymore, but Annie seems cool so it's all good and I'm sure other people will be introduced into the game.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The first chapter was really great. The story seems interesting. I love the cinematic scenes, it reminds me a lot of summer's gone in that respect. Sort of sucks that Ava isn't an option for me anymore, but Annie seems cool so it's all good and I'm sure other people will be introduced into the game.
I hope so, I really want this story to continue so we can see where the Dev is taking us. Barely started and I've not seen any information lately (I know there were problems before but I am an impatient grouch).

Anyway its good stuff and I look forward to more.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
Wow, i think people are a bit too mad about Ava, don't get me wrong i think you were supposed to be mad by Ava and i sure am mad, but don't you think mistakes like this just make the game feels more real and it makes the girl have flaws and stuff? cause personally i'm pissed at Ava because how well the dev make me care about the MC and even though its very unlikely for me to make her my love interest (sorry bud i don't date fucking cheater) i see of no reason why we shouldn't forgive her if she's really sorry. Seriously guys think about it you can still forgive her without dating her, or if you don't care about what i said coz you hate the girl THAT much then the dev will definitely give you action to turn down every request she ask even though she's bugging you for a long time, i mean, that should be fine right? I just hope you guys will still be in with the ride cause i think the game is really fucking promising.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Really loving this one, so far. I am a bit confused as to why Annie and Ava don't know each other. They seemed to run in the same circles and Ava dated the MC for three months, so seems odd that they wouldn't know each other. Kinda feels like they might have actually knew each other and them meeting on the road trip was set up by Annie and Ava ahead of time. I'm really hoping that Ava didn't actually have sex with Bryce and like she said, "it wasn't the way it looked like". Kind of a stretch, I know, but it would a nice twist. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next release!

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Really loving this one, so far. I am a bit confused as to why Annie and Ava don't know each other. They seemed to run in the same circles and Ava dated the MC for three months, so seems odd that they wouldn't know each other. Kinda feels like they might have actually knew each other and them meeting on the road trip was set up by Annie and Ava ahead of time. I'm really hoping that Ava didn't actually have sex with Bryce and like she said, "it wasn't the way it looked like". Kind of a stretch, I know, but it would a nice twist. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next release!
My guess is that the MC and Ava both agreed to keep their relationship a secret. That could explain why her friends did not know she was with MC and why Annie did not recognize her. I also do not think that MC seems like the kind of guy to go "Hey Annie, this is the girl that cheated on me 3 months into our relationship!". From the little we have seen, it does not seem like he's the kind of guy to share those things. Also, I've been in Ava's exact spot multiple times(though I did it with my partner), and I think it's a bit naive at this point to think that she has not cheated. What girl goes to a secluded room in a party with a guy they are interested in, if not to sleep with them? I do wonder how the dev will deal with her character though. No one likes a cheater

Last edited:

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
My guess is that the MC and Ava both agreed to keep their relationship a secret. That could explain why her friends did not know she was with MC and why Annie did not recognize her. I also do not think that MC seems like the kind of guy to go "Hey Annie, this is the girl that cheated on me 3 months into our relationship!". From the little we have seen, it does not look like he's the kind of guy to share those things. Also, I've been in Ava's exact spot multiple times(though I did it with my partner), and I think it's a bit naive at this point to think that she has not cheated. What girl goes to a secluded room in a party with a guy they are interested in, if not to sleep with them? I do wonder how the dev will deal with her character though. No one likes a cheater
Some good points, but somebody sent the pic or message to the MC. My guess was it was Dick and at one point, when they were younger, Annie was dating Dick. Also, when the MC arrived in the morning everybody seemed to know who he was and told him where Ava was, so it seemed like everybody in the house knew him and knew they were dating. At least that was the impression that I got.

Also, to me it seems to me to be to big of a coincidence that Ava just happened to be hitchhiking to New York at the exact same time they are driving by also on their way to New York.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes