VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
Some good points, but somebody sent the pic or message to the MC. My guess was it was Dick and at one point, when they were younger, Annie was dating Dick. Also, when the MC arrived in the morning everybody seemed to know who he was and told him where Ava was, so it seemed like everybody in the house knew him and knew they were dating. At least that was the impression that I got.

Also, to me it seems to me to be to big of a coincidence that Ava just happened to be hitchhiking to New York at the exact same time they are driving by also on their way to New York.
The fact that everybody in the house knew MC doesn't mean that they know that MC was dating Ava, as Valentine said they probably agreed to keep their relationship as a secret for some reason.

As for the cheating, idk what else could happen tho, Ava is naked in the morning with Bryce surely they were fucking right? i mean Ava is drunk so even though Ava actually love MC this stuff still could happen, or they could just cuddle lol but i highly doubt that.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
My guess is that the MC and Ava both agreed to keep their relationship a secret. That could explain why her friends did not know she was with MC and why Annie did not recognize her. I also do not think that MC seems like the kind of guy to go "Hey Annie, this is the girl that cheated on me 3 months into our relationship!". From the little we have seen, it does not seem like he's the kind of guy to share those things. Also, I've been in Ava's exact spot multiple times(though I did it with my partner), and I think it's a bit naive at this point to think that she has not cheated. What girl goes to a secluded room in a party with a guy they are interested in, if not to sleep with them? I do wonder how the dev will deal with her character though. No one likes a cheater
I don't think that MC was uncomfortable on talking stuff like that with Annie, especially since we know that Ava it's not the girl that makes him transform into this horrible state, I'ts still a mystery that Annie didn't know about Ava but my guess is MC already talk about the cheating and breakup with Annie but he didn't mention her the name of the girl.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
As for the cheating, idk what else could happen tho, Ava is naked in the morning with Bryce surely they were fucking right? i mean Ava is drunk so even though Ava actually love MC this stuff still could happen, or they could just cuddle lol but i highly doubt that.
I definitely appears that Ava cheated and maybe she did. However, it looks like Ava and Annie are the main LI's in the game, so it's going to be a hard for a lot of people (including myself) to even look at Ava as an LI if she fucked Bryce. I'm just speculating that the dev might have another explanation for what happened.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I definitely appears that Ava cheated and maybe she did. However, it looks like Ava and Annie are the main LI's in the game, so it's going to be a hard for a lot of people (including myself) to even look at Ava as an LI if she fucked Bryce. I'm just speculating that the dev might have another explanation for what happened.
As I've said before I think she did cheat with Bryce but even if she didn't she crossed the line too many times leading up to getting caught in bed with him for most people to forgive her. I think it makes her a more interesting character for having made a mistake and I want to see what price she paid for it and how she intends to make up for it. They do need to fix her shitty attitude though as expecting the MC to treat her like an old friend on the hotel rooftop didn't exactly make her someone who I could feel sympathy for.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I don't think that MC was uncomfortable on talking stuff like that with Annie, especially since we know that Ava it's not the girl that makes him transform into this horrible state, I'ts still a mystery that Annie didn't know about Ava but my guess is MC already talk about the cheating and breakup with Annie but he didn't mention her the name of the girl.
True he probably didn't but Ava, Annie and MC clearly knew a lot of the same people so even if he didn't tell Annie I wouldn't be surprised if she found out about it from someone they both knew. Plus I'm still fairly sure that this road trip and meeting Ava was at least in part a setup to help MC move on. Why would Annie let Ava chase MC at the hotel when she should be the better option to console him instead of a supposed stranger they just picked up that day otherwise.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
As I've said before I think she did cheat with Bryce but even if she didn't she crossed the line too many times leading up to getting caught in bed with him for most people to forgive her. I think it makes her a more interesting character for having made a mistake and I want to see what price she paid for it and how she intends to make up for it. They do need to fix her shitty attitude though as expecting the MC to treat her like an old friend on the hotel rooftop didn't exactly make her someone who I could feel sympathy for.
This is exactly how i feel, it is fairly obvious that the dev is making Ava a hated character at the start, but what's important and interesting for me is how will the dev execute the redemption arc of Ava to make her be an atleast likeable character. This is a really ballsy move from the dev to make this kind of character but you know what? I fucking loved it, people do mistakes whether is minor or major so the fact that the dev makes this kind of conflict and betrayal just makes Ava be more believable as a character and not just more game where the conflict only came from either the Villain or MC himself/herself.
True he probably didn't but Ava, Annie and MC clearly knew a lot of the same people so even if he didn't tell Annie I wouldn't be surprised if she found out about it from someone they both knew. Plus I'm still fairly sure that this road trip and meeting Ava was at least in part a setup to help MC move on. Why would Annie let Ava chase MC at the hotel when she should be the better option to console him instead of a supposed stranger they just picked up that day otherwise.
Good catch on the consolation part but i think this is not a setup based only how Ava act when she know it was MC that was in the front chair, she sounds genuinely suprised and panicked and Annie also genuinely looks like she had no idea what happen, and to top it all of, No, i dont think the trip is a setup because right before the trip we see a little flashback of Annie's parent thanking Annie for this trip, so my guess is this trip happen because of Annie personal life/problem and its not because of MC at all.

Although, Annie and Ava could be a really good actor xD and i still have no idea on why did Annie think a stranger should be better at checking MC but Annie could think that we just wanna go to the roof for a sec and she think that its nothing big, as for Ava attitude yeah i think it was shitty but i guess she's just trying to forgot about it coz of how shitty it make her feel.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
This is exactly how i feel, it is fairly obvious that the dev is making Ava a hated character at the start, but what's important and interesting for me is how will the dev execute the redemption arc of Ava to make her be an atleast likeable character. This is a really ballsy move from the dev to make this kind of character but you know what? I fucking loved it, people do mistakes whether is minor or major so the fact that the dev makes this kind of conflict and betrayal just makes Ava be more believable as a character and not just more game where the conflict only came from either the Villain or MC himself/herself.

Good catch on the consolation part but i think this is not a setup based only how Ava act when she know it was MC that was in the front chair, she sounds genuinely suprised and panicked and Annie also genuinely looks like she had no idea what happen, and to top it all of, No, i dont think the trip is a setup because right before the trip we see a little flashback of Annie's parent thanking Annie for this trip, so my guess is this trip happen because of Annie personal life/problem and its not because of MC at all.

Although, Annie and Ava could be a really good actor xD and i still have no idea on why did Annie think a stranger should be better at checking MC but Annie could think that we just wanna go to the roof for a sec and she think that its nothing big, as for Ava attitude yeah i think it was shitty but i guess she's just trying to forgot about it coz of how shitty it make her feel.
True and she should feel shitty but running up to your ex who caught you naked in bed with another dude and only asking how you've been and is that it when she doesn't get the answer she wanted makes her come across as a self centered twat. I don't expect her to be on her knees begging for forgiveness but she should at least have tried to start the conversation with an apology instead of acting like it was water under the bridge.

Sep 3, 2020
True and she should feel shitty but running up to your ex who caught you naked in bed with another dude and only asking how you've been and is that it when she doesn't get the answer she wanted makes her come across as a self centered twat. I don't expect her to be on her knees begging for forgiveness but she should at least have tried to start the conversation with an apology instead of acting like it was water under the bridge.
fuck yeah your right now Excuse me while I follow you just for making this comment

and was I the only one who was tempted for a second to throw her ass off the roof
:ROFLMAO:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Everyone debating if Annie would know who Ava is and I'm wondering who is in this picture...It opens up a host of questions.. If Ava isn't the woman who has the MC in his current depression then is this a picture of that woman? Is this the woman who took advantage of the fact that Ava and the MC broke up, perhaps engineered the breakup with the text messages, and then started dating him? Which means it is one of the women at the party.
screenshot0001.png

And it seems that, so far, Ava and Annie are the only two love interests. Which sucks because I don't want anything to do with either of them.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
Everyone debating if Annie would know who Ava is and I'm wondering who is in this picture...It opens up a host of questions.. If Ava isn't the woman who has the MC in his current depression then is this a picture of that woman? Is this the woman who took advantage of the fact that Ava and the MC broke up, perhaps engineered the breakup with the text messages, and then started dating him? Which means it is one of the women at the party.
View attachment 1188167

And it seems that, so far, Ava and Annie are the only two love interests. Which sucks because I don't want anything to do with either of them.
Well, first, we know that the picture in Annie hand doesn't involve Ava in anyway coz if it does then Annie should've known Ava, 2nd i don't think the scenario is exactly what u said, if what u said its true then it means MC is betrayed the 2nd time, but we know the first time he was betrayed he didn't go into this horrible state and when he's betrayed the 2nd time would it be that much of a different? he should probably have a huge trust issue after that but i think the problem was not that big to make him go to this state. And also considering that MC was a bit protective about Ava drinking then i doubt MC would date someone at that party.

So far it seems like there are only 2 LI but cmon man you really don't think the dev would just introduce all LI in the prologue right? well fuck, the render when you pause the game only shows Ava and Annie so it could be possible that there is only 2 LI but who knows? time will tell. I really hope its not only those 2 tho cause i think more variation would be crucial.

Reactions: MrFriendly
Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 1188167

okay my brother you need to explain Ava I completely understand and agree with you

but Annie I'm afraid you lost me

I swear if it's because she's not a red head

I thought we talked about this you said you were going to give girls that are not redheads a chance

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, first, we know that the picture in Annie hand doesn't involve Ava in anyway coz if it does then Annie should've known Ava, 2nd i don't think the scenario is exactly what u said, if what u said its true then it means MC is betrayed the 2nd time, but we know the first time he was betrayed he didn't go into this horrible state and when he's betrayed the 2nd time would it be that much of a different? he should probably have a huge trust issue after that but i think the problem was not that big to make him go to this state. And also considering that MC was a bit protective about Ava drinking then i doubt MC would date someone at that party.
Right, the photo has to be of someone that isn't Ava or Annie. It may be that the MC is depressed over Sam's death but the picture wouldn't be of Sam or rather would have to be a specific picture of Sam that hurts the MC to look at. It is true that the picture doesn't have to be of another woman. Or of a woman who cheated on the MC.

And being protective of Ava doesn't necessarily equate to not dating anyone at the party. Ava could have a substance abuse problem and he was trying to keep her from making a bad decision. Other people at the party could be able to handle their alcohol better than Ava can and so it wouldn't be as much of an issue. In addition his moral compass could have taken a hit after the betrayal to where he hooked up with someone he normally wouldn't have...

At the party Ava thinks to herself that Sarah and Natasha (along with Dick, Josh, and Bryce) don't know that she has been dating the MC for the last 3 months). So it makes it unlikely that they would then send him text messages showing her cheating... Unless they actually knew and didn't let on that they did.

So far it seems like there are only 2 LI but cmon man you really don't think the dev would just introduce all LI in the prologue right? well fuck, the render when you pause the game only shows Ava and Annie so it could be possible that there is only 2 LI but who knows? time will tell. I really hope its not only those 2 tho cause i think more variation would be crucial.
I really hope there will be a third LI or a solo route that doesn't mean that the MC fell into his depression. As someone who has fought my own battles with depression I hope the Dev doesn't make being in love intrinsic to the MC's journey through his depression. The MC should be able to overcome his depression without falling in love with someone.

okay my brother you need to explain Ava I completely understand and agree with you

but Annie I'm afraid you lost me

I swear if it's because she's not a red head

I thought we talked about this you said you were going to give girls that are not redheads a chance
You mean Annie the ghost who only shows up when she fucking wants something?

Also she isn't a redhead... ;)

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
Ugh, but it still really boggles my mind that u guys weren't even gonna let Ava explain about that night, might not be much to explain but it could potentially change u guys mind, i highly advise you guys to let the girl talk a bit and then decide what u gonna do to her. Maybe i'm just less sensitive than u guys but i feel like this kind of problem is super common in real life that it would only compliment the game, it is very unlikely for me to date her too but i always have a space in my heart for forgiving and being a friend. Gotta fucking agree about her bitch attitude at the roof tho, if she keeps that up she will surely lose me too.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Ugh, but it still really boggles my mind that u guys weren't even gonna let Ava explain about that night, might not be much to explain but it could potentially change u guys mind, i highly advise you guys to let the girl talk a bit and then decide what u gonna do to her. Maybe i'm just less sensitive than u guys but i feel like this kind of problem is super common in real life that it would only compliment the game, it is very unlikely for me to date her too but i always have a space in my heart for forgiving and being a friend. Gotta fucking agree about her bitch attitude at the roof tho, if she keeps that up she will surely lose me too.
It's "super common" to find your girlfriend naked (at least topless) in bed with the guy she really liked? I mean that's seriously fucked up if that is a common thing in life.

Why would he believe her? I mean they only dated for 3 months and we know she can't keep her promises - she said she wouldn't drink or smoke at the party and she did. Then she made the mistake of cheating on the MC with her former crush. What would an explanation change in the MC's mind? Even IF she didn't cheat and there is some bizarre reason that she can offer up as to why she was in Bryce's bed after a night of drinking and smoking what can she say that the MC would believe? Or that the audience, playing as the MC, would believe?

That's the issue with telling a story in parts. We don't have any positive interactions with Ava or Annie and yet we know that these two are the Love Interests in the game. At least with Annie we know they were friends for a long time before the beginning of the game even if she is only around when it is convenient or she wants something. All we know about Ava is that they dated for 3 months, she got randy at the park, she went to a party and drank/smoked and then fucked Bryce (or "fucked" Bryce if you prefer).

Sep 3, 2020
Right, the photo has to be of someone that isn't Ava or Annie. It may be that the MC is depressed over Sam's death but the picture wouldn't be of Sam or rather would have to be a specific picture of Sam that hurts the MC to look at. It is true that the picture doesn't have to be of another woman. Or of a woman who cheated on the MC.

And being protective of Ava doesn't necessarily equate to not dating anyone at the party. Ava could have a substance abuse problem and he was trying to keep her from making a bad decision. Other people at the party could be able to handle their alcohol better than Ava can and so it wouldn't be as much of an issue. In addition his moral compass could have taken a hit after the betrayal to where he hooked up with someone he normally wouldn't have...

At the party Ava thinks to herself that Sarah and Natasha (along with Dick, Josh, and Bryce) don't know that she has been dating the MC for the last 3 months). So it makes it unlikely that they would then send him text messages showing her cheating... Unless they actually knew and didn't let on that they did.

I really hope there will be a third LI or a solo route that doesn't mean that the MC fell into his depression. As someone who has fought my own battles with depression I hope the Dev doesn't make being in love intrinsic to the MC's journey through his depression. The MC should be able to overcome his depression without falling in love with someone.

You mean Annie the ghost who only shows up when she fucking wants something?

Also she isn't a redhead... ;)
image.gif

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Hey dev great work man can't wait to see how the story turns out
As the choices matter in this VN I hope that there will be choices to reject Ava and move on?
Anyway Goodluck with the project.

Reactions: MrFriendly

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
think you got that backwards YOU the MORE sensitive one for giving chance to forgive. The unsensitive ones wanna throw her from roof

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes