VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for explaining i am glad you actually say what tag is or isnt in your game it got me confused because the first picture you show is the exact 2 females who are introduced in your first release. So to some can see this as harem part.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yusuf69

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Agree, even if she did nothing with that guy (it will be unlikely since she is in bed with him naked) but even if nothing happened between them she did still go with him, sleep in the same bed and betray the mc trust.

Edit: Seems like we are forced to keep seeing her in the game, is nice and all to have the choice to not romance her but for me is a must to have a choice to tell her to fuck off and never see her face again in the game, since is confirmed that won't happen anytime soon guess I better drop the game.
I am reminded of this great verse from Em and Dr Dre's song called guilty conscience which i think goes very well in this situation

9be39e3cda21a89354d1e5e7684926cd.png

No matter what spin a writers tries to give the character , cheating is genuinely 100 % irredeemable except in the mind of the cheater , you can thrown in scenario after scenario but 99 % of the audience will still genuinely find themselves full of disdain for that character so Ava is kinda fucked even if she is used as a catalyst for story and character progression

I do hope we get an option to cut ties with her in the game or at least we can ignore her interactions most of the time

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I am reminded of this great verse from Em and Dr Dre's song called guilty conscience which i think goes very well in this situation

View attachment 999179

No matter what spin a writers tries to give the character , cheating is genuinely 100 % irredeemable except in the mind of the cheater , you can thrown in scenario after scenario but 99 % of the audience will still genuinely find themselves full of disdain for that character so Ava is kinda fucked even if she is used as a catalyst for story and character progression

I do hope we get an option to cut ties with her in the game or at least we can ignore her interactions most of the time
It won't happen anytime soon so that's why I did say is better for me to drop the game, but that's only me.
The game is pretty good if you can get to accept that but I certainly will never keep seeing a girl that has betrayed me so when I put myself in the shoes of the mc is not something I will accept no matter what reason the dev may have for her, she can burn in hell and having to see her face for a few more chapters until the dev put that choice is not something I have the patience for, the fun will be ruined for me whenever she appears and I don't get a choice to tell her to fuck off for story reasons so...is certainly not a game for us all.

In any case, I applaud that he at least is honest and says it clearly, he will get the right audience for his game and that's all that matters in the end.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Man. This whole cheating thing really got a bug up a lot of behinds. Me personally, I don't care because well... it's just a game. I want to see the story regardless. If she gets some sort of redemption arc, then I'll check it out because we have choices and we can save and see the different paths.

That doesn't mean I'm okay with it, but doesn't mean I have to hold a grudge. It's the past, move on and get closure. Nothing says you have to start a relationship with them or anything. It's not a harem game and they are one (out of others) of the possible LI's, so just don't choose them. Problem solved. Move on with your life and be better for closing that chapter.

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Murder is irredeemable. I think some of you might be overselling cheating a bit.
Betrayal is also something like murder. People who have been cheated on often change very much and stop looking at life in bright colors. What are they do to deal with it? They spend a lot of money on psychologists, start drinking and do drugs, quit their jobs and cut off all social contacts. They are existing not living a lives. How long can this last? Some get over with it after a week, some in a month or a year, and some will not in a lifetime, forever being left alone with fears and complexes.
Not to tell that some even go as far as suicide, or murder and suicide. And all because of some weak-willed whore with a lack of self-respect that begins to drink and smoke drugs "for the company", so as not to stand out, so that "friends" do not look at you disapprovingly. Or because she is just a slut who likes being high.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
It won't happen anytime soon so that's why I did say is better for me to drop the game, but that's only me.
The game is pretty good if you can get to accept that but I certainly will never keep seeing a girl that has betrayed me so when I put myself in the shoes of the mc is not something I will accept no matter what reason the dev may have for her, she can burn in hell and having to see her face for a few more chapters until the dev put that choice is not something I have the patience for, the fun will be ruined for me whenever she appears and I don't get a choice to tell her to fuck off for story reasons so...is certainly not a game for us all.

In any case, I applaud that he at least is honest and says it clearly, he will get the right audience for his game and that's all that matters in the end.
From a technical aspect the game is impressive , the main menu animations are fluid and i like the whole idea how the dream sequence reflects on which path the MC is heading for , he either drowns in his darkness or he moves towards the light on the surface , very cool

It's very ballsy that the dev plans on using a character like Ava to drive the story forward but if he wanted to tap into emotional pain there are other avenues but it's his story so that's his prerogative , but hear me out , i think you shouldn't drop it just yet cause i think there are other elements to the story besides the infidelity aspect

The picture frame
Sam the MC's most likely deceased military buddy and i say military because of the dog tags

And also i don't think it was the cheating that completely broke him but something on a much larger scale so much so that he is stuck in this rut , i personally want to explore that aspect and help the MC move on to a better place in their life even if it means confronting his old demons like Ava , so i say give it a chance , we might come away wiser from the whole thing

Also food for thought , did you notice the whole intro movie ? there was a little thing that caught my eye , the MC drowning and that there are two sides pulling him either up towards that light i spoke of or pulling him down into that darkness , Ava looked like the one pulling him down while his old friend Annie looked like she was helping him towards that light

Murder is irredeemable. I think some of you might be overselling cheating a bit.
Ik i would find a smartass comment like yours sooner or later , too predictable actually. Yes murder and cheating aren't in the same ball park but infidelity is just as devastating as finding out that someone has taken someone you cared for away from this world , the emotional scars it leaves behind is very hard to erase , i personally haven't been in situations like that but i have seen close friends get completely destroyed by those circumstances , hell the game even makes it's obvious how it fucked up both the MC and Ava , she ended up moving away for what i am assuming is for that very reason and the MC most likely got his first major emotional scar from that whole experience

WilsonWonka

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
Maybe it was a bit of a smartass comment. I apologize. I'm just saying that cheating isn't irredeemable. I've forgiven people who have cheated on me before when they asked for it. Would I date them again? Absolutely not. Maybe everyone can't, so I'll accept that.

However, it's also early on in this game obviously. What's been shown is very well written. I trust the dev to write at least an honest and well thought out resolution to the situation. We may not agree with the outcome, but like he stated, he's trying to write true to life.

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
It's very ballsy that the dev plans on using a character like Ava to drive the story forward but if he wanted to tap into emotional pain there are other avenues but it's his story so that's his prerogative , but hear me out , i think you shouldn't drop it just yet cause i think there are other elements to the story besides the infidelity aspect
True. However, I don't think that Annie is suitable for this role either. I would use some other, new girl who, with her naivety, kindness and innocence, will show the MC that all is not lost, that he still has his whole life ahead of him. And, perhaps helping this girl to solve some problems and make her first steps in the adulthood, the MC will deal with his past demons. Because I'm afraid it's going to end in rivers of tears, telling him that she can't live without him, how bad it's been without him all this time, how she couldn't stop thinking about him, and all that. Or she'll go with the straight-forward scenario, saying that if you're a man, you'll stop shedding tears over such nonsense and move on with your life.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
We may not agree with the outcome, but like he stated, he's trying to write true to life.
That's another bold statement on the devs part cause everyone has a different perspective as to what is considered "true to life" but i think i can speak for the majority in saying that none of us would willingly put up with the person that openly cheated on us even if the circumstances were against us

I've forgiven people who have cheated on me before when they asked for it. Would I date them again? Absolutely not. Maybe everyone can't, so I'll accept that.
Friend i think you inadvertently answered the big elephant in the room , almost everyone will reject Ava no matter the redemption arc that the dev has planned for her in the story even players like you who would forgive her in game and that also includes me because i want the MC to let go and move on to better things and letting go is the first step to getting there. It also goes against the whole " true to life" thing the game is going for by sort of forcing her on the player but it's still early days so let's see what he comes up with

True. However, I don't think that Annie is suitable for this role either. I would use some other, new girl who, with her naivety, kindness and innocence, will show the MC that all is not lost, that he still has his whole life ahead of him. And, perhaps helping this girl to solve some problems and make her first steps in the adulthood, the MC will deal with his past demons. Because I'm afraid it's going to end in rivers of tears, telling him that she can't live without him, how bad it's been without him all this time, how she couldn't stop thinking about him, and all that. Or she'll go with the straight-forward scenario, saying that if you're a man, you'll stop shedding tears over such nonsense and move on with your life.
It's too early to Judge Annie as a character imo , we only got a little snippet of her backstory and so far the only thing we know is that she was in a relationship all those years ago with Richard or the Dick as the MC calls him , the smug bastard who the MC meets at the front door of Bryce's house

And i do love that idea you just presented of the MC meeting someone who completely juxtaposes the toxic people in his life , who shows him that there can be good people and that he can move forward with the help of those people

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
From a technical aspect the game is impressive , the main menu animations are fluid and i like the whole idea how the dream sequence reflects on which path the MC is heading for , he either drowns in his darkness or he moves towards the light on the surface , very cool

The picture frame
Sam the MC's most likely deceased military buddy and i say military because of the dog tags

And also i don't think it was the cheating that completely broke him but something on a much larger scale so much so that he is stuck in this rut , i personally want to explore that aspect and help the MC move on to a better place in their life even if it means confronting his old demons like Ava , so i say give it a chance , we might come away wiser from the whole thing

Also food for thought , did you notice the whole intro movie ? there was a little thing that caught my eye , the MC drowning and that there are two sides pulling him either up towards that light i spoke of or pulling him down into that darkness , Ava looked like the one pulling him down while his old friend Annie looked like she was helping him towards that light

Ik i would find a smartass comment like yours sooner or later , too predictable actually. Yes murder and cheating aren't in the same ball park but infidelity is just as devastating as finding out that someone has taken someone you cared for away from this world , the emotional scars it leaves behind is very hard to erase , i personally haven't been in situations like that but i have seen close friends get completely destroyed by those circumstances , hell the game even makes it's obvious how it fucked up both the MC and Ava , she ended up moving away for what i am assuming is for that very reason and the MC most likely got his first major emotional scar from that whole experience
I can't put up with having to keep seeing her and that is something that won't change, as I said back a few pages some people have limits and Ava forced on me is sadly one of them (if there was a choice in ep2 to tell her to fuck off and never see her face again I certainly will keep playing but that's not happening nor will happen any time soon), yeah I may miss a good game in the long run but can't force myself to enjoy a story where I'm forced to keep seeing, interacting with a person I have nothing but hate towards, that is something that will keep me from enjoying the story further and I certainly don't play games to get pissed off, is better to cut for the most reasonable choice and drop it.

And Yes I agree and think Ava may be the darkness that keeps drowning the mc too, also his Mom may be a detonant for it.
As he said " all the people close to him", Ava, the mom (my gut feelings), Sam.

I agree too that is a ballsy move from the dev to do something like that though many devs may not have a grasp of how much the whole community of adult games is spoiled by now. This setting may work for a kinetic novel...but for a vn with choices people may expect certain choices and when it comes to that you won't have a say in certain things, like the Ava thing... I'm pretty sure that will put many people off the game, won't be the first game or the last game to have this problem.

I think it will depend mostly if people immerse as the mc or not.
Whatever the case I have many games to play and even one to write to pass time :LOL:

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Agree, even if she did nothing with that guy (it will be unlikely since she is in bed with him naked) but even if nothing happened between them she did still go with him, sleep in the same bed and betray the mc trust.

Edit: Seems like we are forced to keep seeing her in the game, is nice and all to have the choice to not romance her but for me is a must to have a choice to tell her to fuck off and never see her face again in the game, since is confirmed that won't happen anytime soon guess I better drop the game.
I guess I will not bother downloading at the moment (I will wait to see what the forced interactions are).
I play VNs for relaxation and enjoyment, and certain subject matter or characters prevent that from happening.
It doesn't matter how well written the story if there is a character that I am forced to interact with when I do not want to have anything to do with them. I am not sure I could ever trust her again.
There have been other games where a LI was made unlikable (to some people) for various reasons, and once people have made a first impression, it is often difficult to change it.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Chapter 1 and already drama in forum it would seem :KEK: (didn't look into it, just checked last page a bit).
Genuinely confused about why tho but heh, don't care too much.
Anyways love the story so far. A bit too much unnecessary animations to my taste; especially given how slow they are. Music is conveying the mood just fine w/o them.
Other than that, (y)

Reactions: cbsx and MrFriendly

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Well I tried it but it's definitely not for me. I don't really care about that cheating part because this is the start of the game but the fact that she'll be forced on us in the game is a big no-no. I just can't think of a reason MC would keep her around that isn't going to piss me off. Dev is talking about realism and stuff but wouldn't it be more realistic to break up, move on and don't see her again?

And yes I get that he's got story to tell but like I said, I don't see a good reason to keep her around.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes