VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
All around great vn,but the Ava thing is annoying. Actually cheating would be better,and I could see my mc forgiving her for that,given that she was drunk and high,she went to the bedroom with him,like what was she expecting to happen?Then she mistaken that guy for her boyfriend? come on. He at least could've given her actual rape pills and not fucking molly,it doesn't work like that,and the heavy sleeper bullshit was really just too much. I hope we are given an option to say something like "I'm sorry for what happened to you but it changes nothing at this point." then drop her at her bus stop and that's it.Still, I really enjoyed the rest of the game and all the best for the dev.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It could be possible the dev is going for the unreliable narrator trope and you won't find out the truth till later on in the story to keep the drama train going throughout the game.
I thought about that but I'm hoping not because it is the trope I hate the most in fiction... But I fear you may be right.

Reactions: Rinbael

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
NTR is just involvement - your love interest is drinking with another man and goes to a room
alone with that man - nothing needs to happen for MC who is HER BOYFRIEND to feel
jealous over her essentially going out and literally sleeping anywhere else than besides MC.
Fkking sleeping nekkid next to a stranger she met in a bar and whom she told she was single:
yeah .. that is the mother of all NRT.
I think this is textbook NTR. He believed she cheated on him.

Reactions: Harem Trooper

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah I agree with you about real life experiences. My problem with this chapter is that the party is different from how it was presented in the last chapter, it disagrees with what we witnessed and doesn't explain why it is different. The MC has no way of knowing what happens since he isn't there so we are shown a third person perspective of the event which turns out to be incorrect... So what are we supposed to believe? Which version is supposed to be correct? Ava could just be lying because she regrets cheating. It's happened. She could just be a manipulative bitch, we know so little about her as a character and have no reason to trust her. The fact that Annie instantly believes her is disappointing. Not saying she is lying, just that we have nothing to base trust on when it comes to her.
Perhaps I need to go back through it again but the only thing added was what happened once they got to the room.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do think, as I have seen before on other games, the audience doesn't always react (to characters) as the Dev intended and so the Dev then must overcompensate to try to steer the story back on track.

Hope all is going well on The Cabin. Looking forward to the next update. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Hii not necessarily disagreeing with your statement, but molly/ecstasy has been known to cause hallucinations. So it's not far-fetched for her to have thought it was MC when Bryce started kissing her. Molly could have also been the whole reason she danced against him(it gives you like an energy boost of sorts... not to mention it can heighten arousal sometimes). Sources: several bad memories... and I'm close friends with a pharmacist.

Again, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that when you put a former drug and alcohol addict in a situation like that, it's not all that unbelievable for those things to happen. This is why she probably should have listened to her boyfriend in the first place. I'm also saying that the drug she'd unknowingly taken could have been a reason for some of her actions. Not defending her, but I also do not think that she's 100% wrong here. She shouldn't have gone upstairs with him in the first place, but she'd distanced herself as soon as she'd come to her senses. That has to count for something. Now in reference to your comment about her being a heavy sleeper, I'm not going to comment on how ridiculous you sound right there. Actual women have been raped like that. In fact, I was unfortunate enough to have been in a party where that exact thing happened to the hostess of the party. These things happen. I'm not saying Ava's a saint, no. I still heavily dislike her for her choices and such, but she's not 100% wrong here.
She was the one who put herself in that situation. She chose her enablers over the person she supposedly loved and helped out of that shit in the first place. She knew what "partying" does to her, but she had to go there and get drunk because "reasons".

Now, about the heavy sleeper thing. I had to take just the shoes off a drunk girlfriend in the past and it was always a fucking hassle. And that was even when I wasn't that drunk myself. That dude was was also wasted af and somehow he managed to undress and rape her without her waking up at any point. I still don't buy that, so we can just agree to disagree.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I'll agree with what has been stated by most of the posters here. We were given a 3rd person view of the party, and now basically we are being told what we saw isn't correct, and all we have to go on are Ava's words... and the story shown a bit through what she says happened.

The bridge is burning, dev trying to get some water thrown on it...

The other thing, she never tells anyone "hey, I've been dating [Pname] for 3 months now!" Why? Its almost like she went to the party with the intention of hooking up.

It has already been determined that Bryce was a douche bag... most of the flashbacks spelled that out.

So we got a recovering addict, going to a party thrown for the biggest drug dealer douche bag, by herself... and she (Ava) is warned by the MC to be on her toes... its almost as if the writer was inviting trouble.

That being said.
Great Renders, Nice Models, really nailing a cinematic effect... Kudos... its just too bad that you got an Ava sized hole to write out of.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
If I found my girlfriend in bed naked with another man, I wouldn’t forgive under any circumstances. Even if it explains anything. It can always lie. Now she didn’t tell anyone she was dating, went hand in hand upstairs with that idiot, went to the clothes on bed, but was found naked. In the meantime, anything could have happened. While the whole fucking village gangbang. It doesn't just tell it. So there’s no trust in that slut and it’s like air to my MC, but fucking toxic one. I'm still flagging for cheating because it doesn't have balls to tell MC. Now that the shit has flown to the fan, she may be a little annoyed by her own behavior and at the same time tell the fairy tales to MC to make him believe, but I don’t think so. That once found in bed with another man, then there is no way to explain herself out of it. In other words, DEV can also kick the whole Ava bus stop, no one needs it anymore.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Well I think she didn't tell them about dating mc because her friends didn't like him and Bryce could've gone after him if he were to find out. But despite that,she was warned,and she knew she shouldn't drink and do drugs, most 13 yo have more peer pressure resistance than her. The dev is surely trying to make Ava clean by doing this,but even if we excuse the plot holes the writing still doesn't help with liking her at all. Annie is also caught up in this writing mishap,cause she believed Ava just like that and even was angry at mc for some reason. I honestly hope a 3rd LI will show up,otherwise I guess priest Noah will see more action than I do,cause i can't really see myself liking any of the 2 current main LI's.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The thing is "Molly" doesn't make someone go willingly with someone else... the only drug that can do that is Burundanga.
I think the dev tried to fix it since he wants her on the story... and many of us don't want her to even appear in the game after the 1st episode... still to change that to a Rape won't fix it or change anything, the most important thing is that she did go to a party where "Bryan" is... and we know the past with Bryan and the mc (that in itself is a betrayal), probably why she did lie to the mc about it.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Well, maybe we will we pick up another hitch hiker along the way...

Wow! Its Natasha! What are the chances?
and then we will get to see the same scene through her eyes... the "What a fucking slut Ava is" version, where she blows Bryce on the dance floor...

And that will be our "choice" menu

You believe your own eyes... Phone Text + Catching Ava in bed
You believe Ava's Version
You believe Natasha's Version

jumpto

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
She was passed out when he took off his clothes - so she would have woken up next to a naked man she had already rejected.
Why throw him out the first time? Why didn't she just fuck him then?

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
After the first version, I was hyped about the game for a while, and props for Yusuf that despite his IRL troubles, he decided to continue. But, I feel like the writing took a massive nosedive in this chapter regardless.

There's the whole Ava thing. In chapter 1, it was a getting drunk then high and then cheating situation, it was clear. In a podcast, Yusuf talked about the situation sort of being based on a personal experience, and said he wanted to explore the other side of the story. It was obviously a no go for a lot of people and they wanted nothing to with Ava who was a pivotal character in the game, but you do you. Now, the whole implied rape situation seems just to a massive cop-out as others mentioned already. It only serves to try to wash her out of the situation, so that people would still deal with her or getting sympathetic, but the problem is that it's full of plotholes. In chapter 1, which I had to replay and still present as it was, she got an unopened beer bottle, she drunk and smoked despite her bf's warning, and seemed to go on willingly. Now she gets an already opened mollied beer, then being helped up, and the Bryce wakes up being drunk high and mollied himself and starts to take off his clothes. At this point you could even debate if he managed to get it up in the first place and how the whole thing ended with both of them having no clothes on. Ava appearing in their middle school chapter also is an inconsistency, since Annie doesn't seem to recognize her at all. Maybe she forgot about her but still iffy. Either chapter 1, which was mostly an outsider pov when it came to that party should've been changed, or the original plot should've been left in, regardless of how unsympathetic Ava was in it. The only thing worse than this would be a revelation about how they actually never fucked, but the message sender took her clothes off and that she was just a victim of a sinister plot.

The rest of the storytelling so far also seems awfully reliant on plot convinient, despite it being supposedly a realistic story. Them randomly picking up Ava from all people is already that, but then the car having BOTH tires blown out right before they'd drop her off just screams asspull in order to continue the story as intended but not having a coherent idea of why Ava would stay with them for the rest of the trip. The convinient store mom (best girl so far by the way) also seems rather unecessary, since the whole plot revolves around them going to far away from where they lived, the best it would lead to is what, some camsex scenes? The lack of meaningful choices in order to push the story in a certain way are also jarring.

Despite the interesting beginning, and some of the tone that I can relate to, most of the writing when it comes to the main plot and how it's being handled is super bad.

Ps.: I hope Bryce won't conviniently also comes back making this shit into Chasing Sunsets 2.0

AryanKarthick

Aug 6, 2021
She was passed out when he took off his clothes - so she would have woken up next to a naked man she had already rejected.
Why throw him out the first time? Why didn't she just fuck him then?
Man a desperate NTR fan waiting for NTR tag and some NTR in the game .

Reactions: EZ8lt

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
NTR is just involvement - your love interest is drinking with another man and goes to a room
alone with that man - nothing needs to happen for MC who is HER BOYFRIEND to feel
jealous over her essentially going out and literally sleeping anywhere else than besides MC.
Fkking sleeping nekkid next to a stranger she met in a bar and whom she told she was single:
yeah .. that is the mother of all NRT.
I'am a bit on the fence on this one, but i'am more inclined to agreeing with you.

It's a frustrating unneeded situation created to generate drama that in the end even if it's not NTR it's just as frustrating to play/experience, i'll most likely play the next chapter and see if there is any indication of where the story is going, depending on where it's going i'll just call it quits.

Reactions: Topper420
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes