VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
She was sleeping nude when MC arrived, are you seriously saying that the dude took all her clothes and fucked her without waking her? (she wouldn't be high enough to sleep through it) And she went back to sleep after the allegedly rape? :KEK: sure, sure.

There is nothing redeemable about the whole situation, she did stupid things and won a stupid prize, now she can fuck off.
One of her "friends" said she was a heavy sleeper back when she used to party all the time and she was probably going to be knocked out cold all night. Now going from "heavy sleeper", to someone undressing and raping her without her noticing it... I'm not even going to comment how big of a stretch is that... The problem is that Annie is acting all sympathetic for her now, so I don't think we'll be able to get rid of her any time soon.

This is a well made and overall interesting game, but the dev trying so hard to make a character who clearly fucked up and ignored all of the MC's warnings likeable, because she apparently is one of the two possible love intrerests, makes the whole experience way more annoying than it should be. The reason he didn't want her to get wasted wasn't because he's a health freak or something... She has a backround of drug and alcohol abuse and she straight up ignored the person who helped her out of it, so no, she can't be likeable. It's a different thing to feel sorry for someone and like them. Plus, let's be honest here. She followed that douchebag to his room... She didn't cheat, but she was obviously thinking about it.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
There is no future for this game if you can't get rid of Ava. I can’t play if it hangs along. I can't give it another chance. It’s never going to be LI and if it’s written as LI, it just deletes the game. Annoyed already at the point where Annie didn't believe me it wasn't worth taking that from there by the side of the road.

If the slut is sleeping / fucking with another man, then he has no thing next to me anymore. NOT at least LI. The game would get 10x better if that slut were just taken to the bus stop and then just driven away.

It would be nice to tell Annie that the options are just these:
1. Ava stays at the bus stop and Annie continues her journey with me.
2. I stay at the bus stop and Annie continues with Ava.

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
there's a lot of plot holes and contradiction that only exist because the dev says she's not "cheating" some how and time after the fallout you find out she had moved to vegas which happens to be where that dude(exbf) was moving to.
there was a lot of ppl complaining about not being able to avoid the cheating ava and that the dev was forcing her into the MC life no matter what.
i don't know why the dev is so hard stuck on her not cheating when every thing in the story screams she cheated. it actually feels like 2 ppl are working on this project that have 2 completely different vision for this game.

i love the renders but i don't have much hope for the story.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
UGH! Ava should have just cheated, that is more believable than the bullshit that we received in this update. Her reaction in the first chapter, the way the party went in the first chapter, everything shown to us from a third party POV made cheating a reasonable assumption. It would have been far more interesting to see if some players would eventually forgive her or not. Instead we have an incredibly weak second chapter that is supposed to garner sympathy for the character but instead just feels like it doesn't fit the facts we learned in the first chapter. It's a very disappointing turn of events.

Last edited:

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
well shit...that was unexpected. i thought it was ntr and it turn out that it's a fucking rape. but ava still fucked up when she start drinking. she knewd her problem but still did it

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I don't really know why I played this even though I said it's not for me but from what I got from this update she didn't cheat on MC, she got raped I think? And btw it's still not for me, the dev said that it's supposed to be realistic story but there's so much "convenient" stuff happening and the way characters act around each other just doesn't sit right with me so it doesn't really feel realistic at all to me. But whatever, just not for me, who cares tbh...

Read what I said, and no, you can't just ditch her.
Wait, so what he saw is not what really happened? Or is it one of those later regret so now it's rape situations? :unsure:

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Wait, so what he saw is not what really happened? Or is it one of those later regret so now it's rape situations? :unsure:
It's kind of a weird situation because when you put everything together it doesn't really make sense. It's like the dev changed it from cheating to rape this update but forgot to alter the first chapter that made it pretty obvious that she cheated.

You should just play it yourself, I don't know how to describe it.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I don't want to jump on the dev or tell him what write but I think he underestimated how much some people would be pissed if a character cheated and how it would completely burn a LI for some people. So he panicked and wrote a convoluted rape story that makes no sense.

I agree with MrFriendly he should have just stuck with his original plan to have her cheat or he could have rewrote the story a bit and not have her "cheat" on the MC but have him find her high on drugs and drunk. You would still have the whole plot with the MC being pissed she broke his trust and didn't listen to him and her relapsing but without the cheating or convoluted rape story that contradicts the last chapter.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hii not necessarily disagreeing with your statement, but molly/ecstasy has been pretty known to cause hallucinations. So it's not far-fetched for her to have thought it was MC when he started kissing her. Molly could have also been the whole reason she danced against him(it gives you like an energy boost of sorts... not to mention it can heighten arousal sometimes). Sources: several occasions where friends of mine had gotten drugged... and I'm close friends with a pharmacist.

Again, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that when you put a former drug and alcohol addict in a situation like that, it's not all that unbelievable for those things to happen. This is why she probably should have listened to her boyfriend in the first place. I'm also saying that the drug she'd unknowingly taken could have been a reason for some of her actions. Not defending her, but I also do not think that she's 100% wrong here. She shouldn't have gone upstairs with him in the first place, but she'd distanced herself as soon as she'd come to her senses. That has to count for something. Now in reference to your comment about her being a heavy sleeper, I'm not going to comment on how ridiculous you sound right there. Actual women have been raped like that. In fact, I was unfortunate enough to have been in a party where that exact thing happened to the hostess of the party. These things happen. I'm not saying Ava's a saint, no. I still heavily dislike her for her choices and such, but she's not 100% wrong here.
The guy who made the comment that she would have woke up...
I have to wonder if some of the people here have ever drank or have ever been to a house party.

A story with a plot and flawed characters. What was the Dev thinking of? LOL

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
NTR is just involvement - your love interest is drinking with another man and goes to a room
alone with that man - nothing needs to happen for MC who is HER BOYFRIEND to feel
jealous over her essentially going out and literally sleeping anywhere else than besides MC.
Fkking sleeping nekkid next to a stranger she met in a bar and whom she told she was single:
yeah .. that is the mother of all NRT.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hii not necessarily disagreeing with your statement, but molly/ecstasy has been known to cause hallucinations. So it's not far-fetched for her to have thought it was MC when Bryce started kissing her. Molly could have also been the whole reason she danced against him(it gives you like an energy boost of sorts... not to mention it can heighten arousal sometimes). Sources: several bad memories... and I'm close friends with a pharmacist.

Again, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that when you put a former drug and alcohol addict in a situation like that, it's not all that unbelievable for those things to happen. This is why she probably should have listened to her boyfriend in the first place. I'm also saying that the drug she'd unknowingly taken could have been a reason for some of her actions. Not defending her, but I also do not think that she's 100% wrong here. She shouldn't have gone upstairs with him in the first place, but she'd distanced herself as soon as she'd come to her senses. That has to count for something. Now in reference to your comment about her being a heavy sleeper, I'm not going to comment on how ridiculous you sound right there. Actual women have been raped like that. In fact, I was unfortunate enough to have been in a party where that exact thing happened to the hostess of the party. These things happen. I'm not saying Ava's a saint, no. I still heavily dislike her for her choices and such, but she's not 100% wrong here.
Yeah I agree with you about real life experiences. My problem with this chapter is that the party is different from how it was presented in the last chapter, it disagrees with what we witnessed and doesn't explain why it is different. The MC has no way of knowing what happens since he isn't there so we are shown a third person perspective of the event which turns out to be incorrect... So what are we supposed to believe? Which version is supposed to be correct? Ava could just be lying because she regrets cheating. It's happened. She could just be a manipulative bitch, we know so little about her as a character and have no reason to trust her. The fact that Annie instantly believes her is disappointing. Not saying she is lying, just that we have nothing to base trust on when it comes to her.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
So what are we supposed to believe? Which version is supposed to be correct? Ava could just be lying because she regrets cheating. It's happened. She could just be a manipulative bitch, we know so little about her as a character and have no reason to trust her. The fact that Annie instantly believes her is disappointing.
It could be possible the dev is going for the unreliable narrator trope and you won't find out the truth till later on in the story to keep the drama train going throughout the game.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes