VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
So all those backlash did work and Ava being one of two li's in game so she will have majority of the screen time and wanted people to like her but it was obvious there's no way of redemption from that scenario for her if she cheated on him instead dev made it look like rape. So it looks like mc is going to be on a long journey of guilt trip for not preventing it. I would have preferred being cheated on (even though i hate it) than getting someone raped, that shit shouldn't happen.
would be a better story if it is cheating IMO, but lets be real game would 100% be cancelled because noone will subscribe to patreon.

fcati78

Jun 18, 2020
huge mistake reading only the tag and description of this game and not the first page.Why didn't this was tagged ntr would have saved me time and mega space

Reactions: Cena2001

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Hmm so the dev is trying to fix the LI by making us believe that she didn't cheat on the Mc, but making a scene like she was (possibly) raped?

I mean I don't want to look like an asshole but ... your boyfriend asks you not to go to the party, you know he doesn't get along with those people, and then she uses drugs and alcohol (surely in v.0.3 the story changes and it appears that they put something in her drink if that is not yet in this update...) anyway I see it if she cheated on him or was raped, it does not matter she was aware where she was going

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent uploaded here ( ) and seeded on 2x 1gbps servers.
Note: This release is modified to work on Windows/MacOS & Linux.
If you've any questions or issues, please let me know!

Info:
Ren'Py version: 7.4.4
Size: 1658M
SHA1SUM: 9316464e907e07fddae0e06735fc608a0cac3ba5
You can find additional information . If you find this useful, we have a too!

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Hmm so the dev is trying to fix the LI by making us believe that she didn't cheat on the Mc, but making a scene like she was (possibly) raped?

I mean I don't want to look like an asshole but ... your boyfriend asks you not to go to the party, you know he doesn't get along with those people, and then she uses drugs and alcohol (surely in v.0.3 the story changes and it appears that they put something in her drink if that is not yet in this update...) anyway I see it if she cheated on him or was raped, it does not matter she was aware where she was going
Yep, it's impossible to even give the character a chance of redemption like that, unless there was no sexual interaction and its all a big misunderstanding (which it isnt), so her character is dead to pretty much everyone. So if the dev keep shoving her as a LI without option it won't end well.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Last edited:

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
Really weird update. In trying to spin it into rape to avoid consensual cheating and make Ava redeemable I guess, it ended up just adding a fuckton of unneeded baggage to the point were she's completely out of the picture now and a healthy relationship with her is impossible. I wish the dev the best of luck and this is still a high quality vn but until we can have a main love interest that doesn't have mountains of baggage, I'm out.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I'm fairly certain the 'but' means you do think it was her fault. Just saying. :)
She was drugged and probably raped. Must be her fault, right?
LOL
Except I said I don't think it's her fault she got raped, I said it could have been prevented.

I know you're just looking for an argument and to call someone an insecure kid or something like that but this was pretty bad attempt. Just sayin :)

albul

Jun 8, 2017

It's already suggested in this update that she was drugged (Ecstasy/molly). I initially thought it was some kind of date-rape drug but it's actually stated by Bryce he is giving her molly.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Chimba

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
A female with a history?
Except I said I don't think it's her fault she got raped, I said it could have been prevented.

I know you're just looking for an argument and to call someone an insecure kid or something like that but this was pretty bad attempt. Just sayin :)
Characters in a fantasy game making bad decisions - as real people often do. Hindsight is 20/20.
Most stories come with conflict.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Eh, it was a nice update but not a fan of the turn of events. It just felt like a forced change to appease players, and not because it was how it always was supposed to be. It still doesn't change the facts that she was drinking and getting high (regardless of being drugged) after telling MC she wouldn't. She wouldn't of been in that situation in the first place if she didn't do that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall though, I did like the update. Story is still good and is doing exactly what it should be doing. Stirring those emotions. The little quick time event didn't bother me, I found it rather cute and funny to be honest. I'm still hanging on cause now I really need to know what is going to happen in the next update as this has me invested now. Thanks for the update and hope all is going well for you now. :)

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
She was sleeping nude when MC arrived, are you seriously saying that the dude took all her clothes and fucked her without waking her? (she wouldn't be high enough to sleep through it) And she went back to sleep after the allegedly rape? :KEK: sure, sure.

Really weird update. In trying to spin it into rape to avoid consensual cheating and make Ava redeemable I guess, it ended up just adding a fuckton of unneeded baggage to the point were she's completely out of the picture now and a healthy relationship with her is impossible. I wish the dev the best of luck and this is still a high quality vn but until we can have a main love interest that doesn't have mountains of baggage, I'm out.
There is nothing redeemable about the whole situation, she played a stupid game and won a stupid prize, now she can fuck off.

Last edited:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
What the fuck is that about the rape and that she thought it was the MC who was kissing her?
She dances with the guy, he suggests her to go upstairs and she fully awake accepts and shakes his hand. Is it that she did not know what it was going up to? please.
and then suddenly she doesn't know who she's with?
This is the worst explanation that could be given. I erase and go my way

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
They really should have just had her cheat. I've encountered games with a similar scenario and it just doesn't work. Honestly this change makes no damn sense. We were watching her go off with him to obviously fuck around from HER PERSPECTIVE. They should have altered chapter 1 so that this makes sense. They basically rewrote what happens in chapter 2 so that its now a rape instead of her going off to cheat. They need to change chapter one, like have stuff fade away after she has the beer so everything is hazy. Not have her grinding on Bryce then going off upstairs with him when he asks her to. Otherwise it just looks like you realized people wouldn't like Ava so you had her be raped so we would sympathize with her. I honestly hate rape as a a plot device, I've always found it a cheap way to make us want to sympathize with a character. You could have used her addiction and her relapsing as a reason for her cheating. I can sympathize with an addict. It makes sense, since this game deals with mental health, and substance abuse can be deeply tied to mental health issues. Feels like a missed opportunity. Hell, you could have had Ava be running away from an abusive relationship. I can get behind that too. Have a long arc of the MC learning to forgive Ava for his own mental health and wellbeing. I dunno, just feels super forced and silly. Good luck with your game, still won't like Ava.

Edit: Just in case this comes off wrong, I in no way blame Ava for what happened to her in the Chapter 2 rewrite. I'm calling it a rewrite because its a change to what was shown to us from her perspective. Sexual assault is never the victims fault, you should be able to be safe no matter your choices from some fucking creep. Chapter 2 just sits wrong, it implies that all of Ava's male friends were in on her getting assaulted judging from the tone of chapter 1. Also, I just realized she went to hang out with a bunch of people she knew hated her bf to the point she pretended like she wasn't seeing anyone. Honestly, just cut her loose as a LI and have her slowly maybe become a friend. I repeat, victims of sexual assault are never to blame. It's the fault of the assaulter, and their enablers. That is all.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes