VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
That was pretty amazing. Nice work Boketto!

EDIT I have begun reading some of the comments... I played a "good" MC... yeah there are coincidences, but the focus is on depression and other mental health issues, and in my eyes is doing it really well so far. I guess I need to choose Ava in the Confession booth to "judge" for myself about the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
In this country - where this supposedly takes place, if a woman doesn't consent or rescinds that consent, and he continues, then it is rape and rape is illegal. It doesn't matter what she did previously.

The problem seems to be, as in many games posted here, this game wasn't tagged properly. It should have been tagged with rape and NTR. Of course, that would have been a big spoiler if this was indeed what the Dev intended and not some 'fix' as some have suggested.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
From the MC point of view she was naked in bed with a dude. The rest is irrelevant. In a good day I would listen to her, hug her, even cry with her and then I would tell her: "Have a good life. Bye."

P.S. Next time add rape tag so people that don't want to have to deal with this kind of drama won't have to. For that alone...

Last edited:

Richieright199

Oct 10, 2021
Hmm strange second part. From what it looked like to me, Ava was in fact going to cheat on the MC but at the last minute she remembered him and shut things down with Bryce. That would make everything we saw in part one true to form, the flirting and everything yes, but she changed her mind in the second part just before things went too far. So in other words, while you can blame the alcohol and weed, she intended to sleep with Bryce at first but felt guilty and didn't.
Not sure if that makes me dislike her any less though

Reactions: kartolas

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Holy retcons batman, what a shitshow. Now I really want to play Episode 3, it will be the dealbreaker for sure, if the dev doubles down then it goes straight into the ignore list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoo-Rilla

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
In this country - where this supposedly takes place, if a woman doesn't consent or rescinds that consent, and he continues, then it is rape and rape is illegal. It doesn't matter what she did previously.

The problem seems to be, as in many games posted here, this game wasn't tagged properly. It should have been tagged with rape and NTR. Of course, that would have been a big spoiler if this was indeed what the Dev intended and not some 'fix' as some have suggested.
It is a tricky topic because the difference in judicial systems around the world. For example, it may be easier to avoid a rape decision in a country without a jury system (laymen deciding on legal questions). In my country there is no jury system so all decisions are taken by the judge. There have been cases were the charges are thrown out because it is proven that the victim had planed to have sex (by testimony of 3th parties or even video of the act) but later argued that they didn't consent to the act. While there are a lot of questions that are left unanswered, the point is that the accused can prove they engaged in a mutually agreed sex act but the accuser can not prove that consent was rescinded mid act. That is why you have to be very careful as an individual when choosing sex partners.

By the same token most cases of false rape allegation are related to women that later regretted having had sex with a man. That is a big part of why in cases like the one depicted in this VN or the one I told about in my previous post sometimes it is determined that it was not rape. Some times the responsibility of the accuser is taken into account.

Reactions: clowns234

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
What we know is that Ava even knowing who was going to be at the party and which group of friends were going to go and despite the fact that Mc was against (because he knew what was going to happen: alcohol, drugs) she decides to go, apart of not telling anyone that Mc is her boyfriend (because surely there was some previous problem) and the "friends" telling her that she should have farewell sex and she does not tell them anything ..., then in the end, It happened what had to happen.
Exactly.
I think it was really bad plotted, maybe because the dev changed it after all the negative reactions from us players, but as I said even if he changed it to rape or "Bryan just did take her clothes off but nothing else happened" kind of "plot", it won't change the fact that she lied to the mc and that she did go willingly with him even if "now" is shown that she changed her mind about fucking Bryan. She did still go to the party where Bryan is... and if you have played this last update you know the mc was bullied by him.
That shows how much she cares about him (I mean... your boyfriend was bullied by this retard and you go to his party? also knowing he deals with drugs etc?), I don't really know if the dev thinks most of us are so gullible to buy just the whole "she was drugged" or "nothing else happened" after she did fully know who was at that party...
The best thing that can happen is just dismissing her completely from the game and move on, or at least give that choice to the players.

Btw since no one mentioned it, seems like the dev is also making it much more linear... something that makes playing this game even worse for anyone interested because we don't get a say in anything related to how the mc acts at all when it concerns Ava or Annie.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Exactly.
I think it was really bad plotted, maybe because the dev changed it after all the negative reactions from us players, but as I said even if he changed it to rape or "Bryan just did take her clothes off but nothing else happened" kind of "plot", it won't change the fact that she lied to the mc and that she did go willingly with him even if "now" is shown that she changed her mind about fucking Bryan. She did still go to the party where Bryan is... and if you have played this last update you know the mc was bullied by him.
That shows how much she cares about him (I mean... your boyfriend was bullied by this retard and you go to his party? also knowing he deals with drugs etc?), I don't really know if the dev thinks most of us are so gullible to buy just the whole "she was drugged" or "nothing else happened" after she did fully know who was at that party...
The best thing that can happen is just dismissing her completely from the game and move on, or at least give that choice to the players.
If anything, it makes the situation even more absurd because it changes Ava's character from a cheater to a self destructive idiot and along the way dragging Annie down by favoring her instead of the MC. Its kind of an accomplishment to fuck the story this hard. I kind of want to see what happens next in a sort of morbid way.

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
At the end of the day, players will have a choice to ignore Ava or Annie. You don't need to go down any of their paths. By the end of the game, you don't even need to be with any of the LIs. The only thing is, you will see all sides of what everyone has gone through, and what they deal with. You'll see their stories, and their relationships. Their histories, and their desires. It's up to the player to interpret what's the right and wrong decision, and what to do when presented with major choices. All my characters are flawed people, and have their own baggage. No one is perfect. Not in real life, and not in this game. Good times are coming, but with all due patience. The biggest thing I can really say, after everything I've read, is just have an open mind, and look beneath what you see. Stories like these have a lot of nuance, it's important to not look at everything at face value.

But again, if there is a path you end up not liking, you don't need to go down that path. Just be aware, every character has a side to tell in this story.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
In other words, a lot of drama. I like drama, the first chapter was great, I just hope it's not all about drama.
In my first post on this thread I said something like "I would have woken up at 06am next morning, get on a bus, and go home". Nothing changed, I still would have done the same thing.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
At the end of the day, players will have a choice to ignore Ava or Annie. You don't need to go down any of their paths. By the end of the game, you don't even need to be with any of the LIs. The only thing is, you will see all sides of what everyone has gone through, and what they deal with. You'll see their stories, and their relationships. Their histories, and their desires. It's up to the player to interpret what's the right and wrong decision, and what to do when presented with major choices. All my characters are flawed people, and have their own baggage. No one is perfect. Not in real life, and not in this game. Good times are coming, but with all due patience. The biggest thing I can really say, after everything I've read, is just have an open mind, and look beneath what you see. Stories like these have a lot of nuance, it's important to not look at everything at face value.

But again, if there is a path you end up not liking, you don't need to go down that path. Just be aware, every character has a side to tell in this story.
What's the point of it? That will only piss every player or any fanbase you have if you keep forcing content on them, this is something like fetishes, when you force a girl or Li in this case with such a controversial "story" that may or not may earn the sympathy of the players and even more when is badly done in this case since there is many plot holes like I did explain in the post before this one... people won't believe it and they won't change their mind about her, now you have forced the players with the Annie thing by making her believe Ava instead of the mc ( ruining her for a few players in a way). Going down this road you are sure to fall, at least the title was right about that...
As I said when you first released the 1st EP let the players have a choice in the next chapter but you seem like you want to prolong this by making this as linear as you can and by doing that you are "stealing" players of their choice in this regard in a sense by not giving them any choice on the matter, in the end is your game and you have every right to do what you want but maybe a bit more clarity on how long they will have to wait to get a choice to stop getting such forced content will be the best for us all to judge if we keep playing this game or just abandon ship and wish you good luck.

It will be nice to know how long you are going to force players with this Ava thing and when are we going to get a choice on this matter, so far is just linear vn.

Last edited:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
The biggest thing I can really say, after everything I've read, is just have an open mind, and look beneath what you see. Stories like these have a lot of nuance, it's important to not look at everything at face value.
It's easy for you as you have the whole story in your head, for us is almost a "what you see is what you get". For all we know you could add aliens to the equation.

And i tried thinking of every possible thing that could've happenend and i can't come up with anything that could lead to a
satisfactory outcome. The only thing about the rape that i thought that could save her for me is that she was forced to stay in bed to stage the rape so the dude could have his and his fathers revenge by fucking with MCs mind, but i'am pretty sure she wouldn't carry a pepperspray thing or wathever it was in her bedstand if she wasn't raped or thought she was, so in the end for us players is pretty much 100% rape and she put herself in this position, because of her dumb actions she pretty much fucked MC life, so she's at fault and i don't think anyone will forgive her.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
What's the point of it? That will only piss every player or any fanbase you have if you keep forcing content on them, this is something like fetishes, when you force a girl or Li in this case with such a controversial "story" that may or not may earn the sympathy of the players and even more when is badly done in this case since there is many plot holes like I did explain in the post before this one... people won't believe it and they won't change their mind about her, now you have forced the players with the Annie thing by making her believe Ava instead of the mc ( ruining her for a few players in a way). Going down this road you are sure to fall, at least the title was right about that...
As I said when you first released the 1st EP let the players have a choice in the next chapter but you seem like you want to prolong this and by doing that you are "stealing" players of their choice in this regard in a sense by not giving them any choice on the matter, in the end is your game and you have every right to do what you want but maybe a bit more clarity on how long they will have to keep getting forced such content will be the best to judge if we keep playing this game or just abandon ship and wish you the best.
I want to add to this the issue of character dissonance, on Episode 1 you have Ava on the rooftop saying something akin to "That's all you have to say ?" to the MC, and when the MC finds her naked into "It's not what you think" instead of you know, rightfully freaking out, and maybe joining in beating up Bryan, to episode 2 where they are trying to paint the MC as an asshole for breaking up with her on the spot.

The reaction most people are having in this thread is because how dissonant the episodes are.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
There is no future for this game if you can't get rid of Ava. I can’t play if it hangs along. I can't give it another chance. It’s never going to be LI and if it’s written as LI, it just deletes the game. Annoyed already at the point where Annie didn't believe me it wasn't worth taking that from there by the side of the road.

If the slut is sleeping / fucking with another man, then he has no thing next to me anymore. NOT at least LI. The game would get 10x better if that slut were just taken to the bus stop and then just driven away.

It would be nice to tell Annie that the options are just these:
1. Ava stays at the bus stop and Annie continues her journey with me.
2. I stay at the bus stop and Annie continues with Ava.

Option 3. Thelma and Louise this roadtrip

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah...this direction isn't good at all. It was clear as day from the first chapter she cheated. While she was grinding on the Bryce, they stared into each other's eyes and she was like "Bryce..I-..." and she nodded and grabbed his hand when he asked if she wanted to go upstairs. Come on now. There is no other way to interpret that. Even in the second chapter, she knew it was Bryce even up until he called her 'Babe'. Then she magically thought it was her bf. Lol nah...Ava is done.
Agreed. Regardless of how it ended, her intentions of going upstairs with Bryce was to cheat on the MC. Anyone, play that first chapter and watch Ava's interactions with Bryce during that party. That smile as they are holding hands going up the stairs together. Grinding up against him and getting aroused (as per her facial expression) while they were dancing. She knew what she was doing. She was going to give Bryce a farewell screw and cheat on the MC.

But of course, she isn't going to tell the MC that. I know she didn't even bother to tell Annie that. I bet the only thing she told them was that she was drugged and raped. Not about how she was getting drunk and high on her own will, dancing sexually with Bryce, accepting his offer to go upstairs as they hold hands heading upstairs with the intention of having sex. No, of course she didn't tell them all that. Instead, she made herself to be an innocent victim.

Ava is manipulative.

I'm still here for the long haul cause I want to see this play out, but Ava omitting information just to make herself look more innocent in the matter just rubs me the wrong way.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
Does anyone dare to predict whether there will be an abandoned stamp in this game.

Somehow that last text was a bit lemon and many DEVs have thrown in the towel when there has become enough dirt for their good ideas.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes