VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I know it's believe all women,but I'm pretty sure Ava is straight up lying.

Maybe that's her mental health issue. That's she's a goddamn lying ass liar face.
So her reaction ( recoiling when someone unexpectedly touches her) to Anne..was planned? And she's somehow carrying a pepper spray on the chance that she might somehow run into her ex..and still convince him she's a rape victim?
It's obvious the game clearly shows that she's still dealing with this and that was a very traumatic experience for her.
Problem is that it paints her in very unsympathetic light as she willingly flirted with Bryce at the party, and fully aware went to his bedroom ( knowing he bloody well wasn't going to show her his stamps collection). Then all of a sudden she confuses him with MC.
Real issue is how the scene was executed.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Here's where I'm at, and it kind of does mirror what many has said before.
Whatever happened, which we don't know yet because it's clouded in mystery, that's irrelevant to me as far as me seeing her a a love interest goes, I don't see her as one anymore, and here's why;

1. She went to a party despite MC asking her not to, knowing full well Bryce, who bullied MC back in the day would be there (and if I recall, she used to crush on Bryce back in the day, and maybe to some extent still does), feel like a bit of a betrayal to me.
2. Despite promising MC not to, she still went and got drunk and high in the party, knowing full well how she can be when intoxicated. Broken promise.
3. Flirting, dirty dancing with Bryce and all that. Gave the impression that she went into the party knowing that she just might end up cheating on MC with Bryce.
4. She took Bryce's hand, knowing full well what would happen when they go upstairs (like, when does it not mean just that when someone asks you to go to an empty upstairs room for privacy in a party).
5. Didn't even tell anybody that she has a boyfriend, let alone that the boyfriend is MC.

Whether something in actuality did happen (cheating or rape), or maybe it was a staged scene (meaning nothing sexual actually happened) to make sure MC and Ava would split as a result, don't matter to me, those 5 strikes I mentioned above means I could never trust her, and trust is key in any type of relationship.

As far as being a love interest goes, she's done.

As for Annie, some friend she is if she's so quick to take a stranger's story at a face value and get pissed at MC without hearing his side of the story first. And how does she know Ava isn't lying, shit, Ava probably doesn't know the facts and details herself either and she's just spewing out anything to make herself the victim and not the villain.
But if Annie is this quick to take a stranger's word and kinda judge MC, her friend based on what may be a cooked up lie, then perhaps she's no real friend after all. And if that's how it is, then I can't see a love relationship with her either.

MC is not a stable person right now, neither is Ava and Annie likely isn't either, each has their own baggage, but it's clear that at least MC and Ava are not good for each other, they both need stability, which is something neither can provide one another, and there's no trust anymore either. They just need to forgive, forget and move on separate ways.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Drug addiction and growing up around that kind of environment, it's hard to leave. When you're that young and feel constant peer pressure, but also rely on drugs to make you function, it's super fucking hard to just quit. Also, doing molly can seriously fuck with your perception on things. Molly is usually mixed with a lot of shit. MDMA, ecstasy, etc. When you combine all that shit, the lines between reality and fiction become blurred. To just say Ava is completely in the wrong is stupid. She probably wasn't going to sleep with bryce in the first place. If she just did weed and alcohol, then i could understand the criticism. But molly ain't no joke.
It could be cool if they set this up, they didn't. Not only that, but her inner monologue in Episode 1, also by her actions, she not only omits from the start that she is seeing someone, but her friends acknowledge that Ava had/has a crush on Bryan.

You seem to misunderstand why (at least in my case) people are upset, its not because she was "raped" but because the setup was sloppy and rushed.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Drug addiction and growing up around that kind of environment, it's hard to leave. When you're that young and feel constant peer pressure, but also rely on drugs to make you function, it's super fucking hard to just quit. Also, doing molly can seriously fuck with your perception on things. Molly is usually mixed with a lot of shit. MDMA, ecstasy, etc. When you combine all that shit, the lines between reality and fiction become blurred. To just say Ava is completely in the wrong is stupid. She probably wasn't going to sleep with bryce in the first place. If she just did weed and alcohol, then i could understand the criticism. But molly ain't no joke.

also, Annie being mad makes sense to me. From what I understand, Ava was going to explain, or try to explain what happened in chapter 1 when MC went to the party. But MC didn't listen and left. Plus, survivors of rape are usually really ashamed of being raped. I know someone that didn't talk about her rape for years. It still fucks with her to this day.

I think Annie is probably pissed off at MC for dismissing Ava, or not trying to learn the full story. I don't think Annie is a bad person or hates MC for siding with Ava, it just kind of seems like a natural human reaction when a victim of rape tells you a story like that. Obviously, it could be bull, who knows. But it's an understandable reaction. I'm assuming it's been a long time since Ava has seen MC, and she's been kinda breaking down. We see hints of this at the church during confession. Maybe she felt like just saying it after all this time. it could be a lot of things, i feel there's still a lot we have yet to see.
The thing is that going by the order of events we can state that she was dead set on doing no good. A drug addict is fully aware of the damage he/she does to others but does shit anyways. It is very generous to blame all of it on the drugs and not on the person.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Welp, I guess we have no choice but to take back a fucking
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just what we needed, another game that absolutely forces you to stay with the main girl/ex for "reasons" :rolleyes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The only missing thing is a crazy lady in a yellow jumpsuit and a katana. :ROFLMAO:
Hell she too was raped while unconscious. :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: pixado7875

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
So anybody who read this thread should see I made fun of Ava ALOT and etc so heres where am at after update.

CHARACTERS
Do I think she cheated vs raped- raped, the whole peperspray, nervousness etc is literally dev hand feeding you that answer, move on.
Was it her fault?- Nope, there was not concent and if need a longer conversation on this God help us all and your a Bryce.
Do I like her more now?- Nope still makes horrible/stupid decisons
Do I HATE her more now?- Nope, she faced the consequences of those stupid decison, got raped and lost MC
Do I HATE Annie now?-Nope, Annie is a everyone gets 2nd chance and looks on everyones brightside person. Including our sad ass MC and is probably a better fake person than the real people here.

STORY/CHAPTER
Pacing felt weird.
Dissapointed extremely that Ava wasn't ACTUALLY a cheater as that would of been a more interesting story of dealing with your ex who cheated and felt bad or even DIDNT feel bad. Now its just a trope thats been done; of possibly forgiving a LI for not cheating or rape (see chasing sunsets and Intertwined games) and now I feel like I have nothing to give a shit about cuz possible source of conflict died.

Im gunna call it now that Bryce gets shoe horned into the present time through pure coincidence like being part of the company Annie is going to or whatever so MC has to face the rapist bully (which again would be chasing sunsets and Intertwined) which would be BORING!

Oct 8, 2019
I had forgotten this title in the eight months since I played the initial release. Legit skipped over it when I saw the posting and only found it after someone liked a comment of mine and this made me read what I had written only to realize that I had been waiting for this update even though I had forgotten. Anyway, time to see if the dev can keep up the quality that was in the first release and here is hoping it does.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Given how controversial Ava's character was in the prologue, it's pretty clear that the only way out of this was a rape story.

Listening to her story, I did not quite understand how she knows all the details, if she was completely in an inadequate state, and then passed out. Bryce himself said he drugged the drink and then raped her? Otherwise, how does she know?

Tantamount69

Nov 18, 2018
It's also something to note that during chapter 2, when Ava was retelling her experience, why didn't the MC ask the simple question "Why/How did you go upstairs with him?"Then that would lead to "did he drag you? Force you in any way to go?" Maybe that question will arise later on but the answer should be interesting nonetheless

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020
Given how controversial Ava's character was in the prologue, it's pretty clear that the only way out of this was a rape story.

Listening to her story, I did not quite understand how she knows all the details, if she was completely in an inadequate state, and then passed out. Bryce himself said he drugged the drink and then raped her? Otherwise, how does she know?
There's just a bunch of plot holes/inconsistences/inaccuracies that's just too much to continue playing with

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Honestly I think the story now implying that ava didn't do anything/was assaulted ruins her story for me. She is a much more interesting character if she did cheat and now has to live with the consequences and try to win the MC back. Now it feels like we're being lead to feel sorry for her instead of making the choice for the MC to forgive her or move on.

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
I feel like this is a VN for emotional masochists. The depressed MC stuck in a car with an ex-girlfriend who on the verge of cheating, might have been raped. The most charitable thing that could be said about Ava is she's foolishly self-destructive, which is great for the MCs mental state I'm sure.

Then there's best friend Annie, who may possibly be using the MC in some way or at very least is leading him into some poor situation for only her benefit, while guilting him for things that happened to him while she was absent from his life. Or lecturing him about how he acts even though she was an absentee friend at arguably his lowest points. Surely it takes two to make a friendship, but she has no right to do the amount of lecturing she does.

Jul 13, 2018
Still dont like Ava she went with the guy to the bedroom , she was almost going to cheat in MC until she remembered his name, MC asked her not to go to the party and she went, and something tells me she wasnt just raped since she woke up naked by the other guy side and was with him like they just had a great night. And even if she was raped still dont like her because of what she did before that. Also Annie i like her i think her reaction was wrong tho she should had listen MC version as well and i think something bad or wrong will happen with whatever job she will have i dont trust any of the characters so far because i think more bad things will happen

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Honestly I think the story now implying that ava didn't do anything/was assaulted ruins her story for me. She is a much more interesting character if she did cheat and now has to live with the consequences and try to win the MC back. Now it feels like we're being lead to feel sorry for her instead of making the choice for the MC to forgive her or move on.
Yea now its basically NICE JOB MC, you got mad and yelled at a girl who was drugged and raped so now you get to feel like a piece of shit

Reactions: Demonspike666

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Maybe she was raped? Maybe one or both of the other girls undress them both and staged it? The fact is that at the moment we simply don't know. Not that it matters, even if she was raped, she is not a LI of mine and that Won't change.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Renders are good and the girls look fine but there are too many renders dedicated to the MC, I prefer to look at women. Speaking of women, there is no action so far just one girl taking a shower.
Storywise this is overdramatic. It's fine to tell a story about feels and whatnot but when you abuse of drama it turns into soap opera territory.
Gameplay. This looks and plays like a classic VN but sometimes out of nowhere come some QTEs. Make it optional or get rid of it and the game will be better.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes