VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Talking about drama, it just occurred to me that we still have no clue what exactly is this "job opportunity" Annie is going to explore... Her family apparently has money troubles (you can see that in her reaction after the MC talking about her car and when she heard about the barista/receptionist's story) and she doesn't seem to be thrilled about it...

Dick is also loaded now, but if I remember correctly the MC found that out the day they were going to start the trip, so I hope that at least it doesn't have anything to do with that shitty family...

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I know it's believe all women,but I'm pretty sure Ava is straight up lying.

Maybe that's her mental health issue. That's she's a goddamn lying ass liar face.

Reactions: michael1984

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Talking about drama, it just occurred to me that we still have no clue what exactly is this "job opportunity" Annie is going to explore... Her family apparently has money troubles (you can see that in her reaction after the MC talking about her car and when she heard about the barista/receptionist's story) and she doesn't seem to be thrilled about it...

Dick is also loaded now, but if I remember correctly the MC found that out the day they were going to start the trip, so I hope that at least it doesn't have anything to do with that shitty family...
She's using MC, the business opportunity is probably from his Father's company or something, so it will be easy with him there. That's what i came up with when i wasn't almost vomiting because of the aftertaste from the NTR-not-NTR scenes.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
(On a non-drama note lol) Anyone know how to get the second gallery image for Chapter 2 (first image on the second page)? I got the others, but not sure what causes you to unlock the second one.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019

Oh no, you're right, I bet Dick gave her the car and the job, this is going into telenovela territory.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
(On a non-drama note lol) Anyone know how to get the second gallery image for Chapter 2 (first image on the second page)? I got the others, but not sure what causes you to unlock the second one.
It's the image the milf (I'm not good with names, Mary or something?) sends you if you text her, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the gallery.

DonbaOz

Jul 12, 2018
I feel like the only thing worst than a bad writing decision is a desperate attempt to try to fix it.
Now I'm not saying I know what the dev original direction for the story was,
but there's so many inconsistencies that it just seem like a rewrite.
Which is why I respect dev like DrPinkCake and DriftyGames so much.
They know their story will be controversial yet they stick with their vision.

It's a shame really, I was really hoping to see how the dev will try to tackle a LI who cheated.
It would have been so much more refreshing to see a deeply flawed character trying to be better than to force our sympathy with a rape spin.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
She's using MC, the business opportunity is probably from his Father's company or something, so it will be easy with him there. That's what i came up with when i wasn't almost vomiting because of the aftertaste from the NTR-not-NTR scenes.
That would honestly be a lot better than anything I thought... It could also be the father using her to get in touch with the MC, but she would still be a cunt either way if it has anything to do with him.

Reactions: Valeck and kartolas

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
That would honestly be a lot better than anything I thought... It could also be the father using her to get in touch with the MC, but she would still be a cunt either way if it has anything to do with him.
I hope its that because I swear if this is Annie getting back with her ex because of money to help her parents and bring the MC along to experience this emotional rollercoaster, the Thelma and Louise option seems pretty appealing.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
It's the image the milf (I'm not good with names, Mary or something?) sends you if you text her, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the gallery.
Hmm, you mean the Mom from the grocery store? I don't remember getting a text (or an option to send her a text).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Aha! Got it. I stuck around at the vista to enjoy the animation instead of heading straight to the coffee shop. Seems if you enjoy the view, you don't get the text message option. I got it by going straight to the coffee shop instead. Thanks for the heads up! :)

EDIT again: Or not... Hmm odd. I don't remember the text message last time I played, but regardless of what I did this time (check out the view or go straight to the coffee shop), I got the text message anyways. Oh well, chalk it up to forgetful memory lol. Thanks regardless, appreciate it!

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I hope its that because I swear if this Annie getting back with her ex because of money to help her parents and bring the MC along to experience this emotional rollercoaster, the Thelma and Louise option seems pretty appealing.
When her parents sent her off it was weird... Her father pretty much left the room without saying anything and her mother told her they don't have any other choices or something like that. It has to be something at least "unconventional"...

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Hmm, you mean the Mom from the grocery store? I don't remember getting a text (or an option to send her a text).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, her. If you help her out with her kid, she gives you her phone number and when you go to that cafe with Annie after the run, you get an option to text her and if you are nice to her, she sends you a nude. I checked the images because I couldn't get that either and it's supposed to be that pic that goes there, but for some reason the game don't want to register it.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but the cheating was only implied in the first chapter and in this chapter the rape was only implied. So, maybe something else really happened and we will find out later. Only theory I got is, whoever sent the pic to the MC stripped Ava naked before taking the pic.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
At the end of the day, players will have a choice to ignore Ava or Annie. You don't need to go down any of their paths. By the end of the game, you don't even need to be with any of the LIs. The only thing is, you will see all sides of what everyone has gone through, and what they deal with. You'll see their stories, and their relationships. Their histories, and their desires. It's up to the player to interpret what's the right and wrong decision, and what to do when presented with major choices. All my characters are flawed people, and have their own baggage. No one is perfect. Not in real life, and not in this game. Good times are coming, but with all due patience. The biggest thing I can really say, after everything I've read, is just have an open mind, and look beneath what you see. Stories like these have a lot of nuance, it's important to not look at everything at face value.

But again, if there is a path you end up not liking, you don't need to go down that path. Just be aware, every character has a side to tell in this story.
No mate taking something at face value would be if the MC just got a text from someone telling him his girlfriend cheated on him. What we got here is the whole step by step of what happened. Later you can tell us that she did it because she has self-esteem problems or is codependent or some contrived bull. The fact is that she made a conscious decision and she has to face the consequences.

If you argue that she is flawed like in real life someone would, at least give us options to react as in real life. For example:

Let us stop Annie in her tracks and tell her how shit really is.
Let us treat Ava like shit.

A common misconception is that mental health problems like depression makes you passive. In reality it makes you more aggressive.

I should know I deal with this shit daily.

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
At the end of the day, players will have a choice to ignore Ava or Annie. You don't need to go down any of their paths. By the end of the game, you don't even need to be with any of the LIs. The only thing is, you will see all sides of what everyone has gone through, and what they deal with. You'll see their stories, and their relationships. Their histories, and their desires. It's up to the player to interpret what's the right and wrong decision, and what to do when presented with major choices. All my characters are flawed people, and have their own baggage. No one is perfect. Not in real life, and not in this game. Good times are coming, but with all due patience. The biggest thing I can really say, after everything I've read, is just have an open mind, and look beneath what you see. Stories like these have a lot of nuance, it's important to not look at everything at face value.

But again, if there is a path you end up not liking, you don't need to go down that path. Just be aware, every character has a side to tell in this story.
Honestly the only issue comes from what you showed us happening at the party being retconned in chapter 2. I'd say either scrap showing us what happened at the party in chapter 1 or adjust chapter 2 and have her cheat. The issue comes from the inconsistency between what you have shown us. Unless there is a reason for the game to display one scenario from her POV of the party followed by her telling MC and Annie that she was raped. Like this can only work if she's lying in chapter 2. I'm hoping to see that she is indeed lying in chapter 3 and we come to realize she's doing whatever she can to get MC and Annie to take her with them so she can escape mystery person. I really hate seeing rape used as a plot device in entertainment so I'm hoping this is some kind of con on her end. Guess time will decide. I really do like your game notwithstanding whatever is going on with Ava in chapter 2. Hope the personal stuff is going well in your life, take care of yourself and your family. Good luck.

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
Why did Ava tell a stranger she was raped? She hardly knows her but tells her she was raped, but never thought at any point to tell the MC or anyone close to him?

Annie believes her instantly based on nothing but her word even though she was told something different by someone she knows well? She believes her so much so that she gets angry with the MC.. for what?

This does nothing but damage Annie as a likeable character as far as we know her so far.

This could be fixed by switching the conversation to Ava and the MC and not Ava and the girl she doesn't know and giving the player the option to believe her or not without being shat on by his so called friend. . or I dunno changing Annies dialogue so she doesnt come across so gullible and spiteful towards the MC.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Drug addiction and growing up around that kind of environment, it's hard to leave. When you're that young and feel constant peer pressure, but also rely on drugs to make you function, it's super fucking hard to just quit. Also, doing molly can seriously fuck with your perception on things. Molly is usually mixed with a lot of shit. MDMA, ecstasy, etc. When you combine all that shit, the lines between reality and fiction become blurred. To just say Ava is completely in the wrong is stupid. She probably wasn't going to sleep with bryce in the first place. If she just did weed and alcohol, then i could understand the criticism. But molly ain't no joke.

also, Annie being mad makes sense to me. From what I understand, Ava was going to explain, or try to explain what happened in chapter 1 when MC went to the party. But MC didn't listen and left. Plus, survivors of rape are usually really ashamed of being raped. I know someone that didn't talk about her rape for years. It still fucks with her to this day.

I think Annie is probably pissed off at MC for dismissing Ava, or not trying to learn the full story. I don't think Annie is a bad person or hates MC for siding with Ava, it just kind of seems like a natural human reaction when a victim of rape tells you a story like that. Obviously, it could be bull, who knows. But it's an understandable reaction. I'm assuming it's been a long time since Ava has seen MC, and she's been kinda breaking down. We see hints of this at the church during confession. Maybe she felt like just saying it after all this time. it could be a lot of things, i feel there's still a lot we have yet to see.

naniwtf

Dec 16, 2020
If she was raped then why did she say "its not what it looks like" when mc caught them. Even at the party when she was grinding and dancing with bryce, she said "bryce I-" before bryce invited her upstairs and she accepted, which means she knew it was bryce. Then in the bedroom she said "oh this feels so good...Leo!(default name)" That seems like she was going to cheat before remembering about her bf.

I think it was rape but not rape rape?(if that makes sense) Like bryce got on top of her with the intention to rape before she woke up and realised it was late at night, no one was awake to witness, so she thought what the hell, why not and fucked bryce.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Well. This went about as expected.
I like what author is doing with "more flawed characters" approach..but that scene could have been executed better. It moves too fast to feel plausible, contradiction whether it was plain cheating ( and she knew what she was geting into, at least to extent) or she's a victim/rape.
I think it would be better if there was more gradual transition: first showing her simply having a good time ( getting drunk, dancing with everyone), then Bryce spiking her drink ( ecstasy/aphrodisiacs), she's slowly losing control over the course of the evening, then he finds an excuse to get her into his room ( with their other friends, who then quickly clear off: showing this was planned), then by the time he makes a final move on her you can see she's unaware/completely lost control.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes