VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Even if they were humping on the dance floor, that would not be proof that she went there with the intention of cheating. I'm sorry but everything else is deflection. Unless you found a recorded message or something similar where she states "I am going to this party to cheat", you can't possibly know what she was thinking. You're conclusion that she went there to cheat is based solely on your assumption that she went there to cheat.
Well just a quick one I promise I am going. :ROFLMAO:
Your paragraph makes a lot of sense and it also points out the problem with not only the justice system but our decision making as human beings. We never have the perfect information to make decisions (such as knowing what others think). So there in lies the crux of my thinking. I am willing to make a decision based on imperfect information judging the steps of an unknowable outcome. Hence the, be mindful of everything you do, lest you end up in deep like Ava.

Fuck I wrote a whole lot of mental diarrhea to sum it up in one short paragraph. :FacePalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

naniwtf

Dec 16, 2020
*puts on tinfoil hat* Ava frequently visit NY because she got pregnant from the rape and since she was unstable, the child lives with foster parents in NY

Mar 27, 2019
So you believe that Nancy Reagan's, 'Just say no' program actually worked? Good luck finding credible stats to show that campaign worked.
Alcoholics drink for the same reasons non-alcoholics drink. It makes them feel good.
"Addiction is a complex condition, a brain disease that is manifested by compulsive substance use despite harmful consequence. Learn more at psychiatry.org."
A brain disease for which there is no cure - one can only learn to manage it. That's why alcoholics keep going to their meetings - so they don't get tempted and fall off the wagon.
Again, you're missing the point.

First off, I was around during that time frame and there is NO WAY that I thought/think that NR's program worked. As you said, addiction is a complex condition. While I'm not a psychiatrist, I WAS in the medical field, tho I still only have slightly more than a layman's comprehension of the in's and out's of it...I also wasn't a neurologist.

Second, your original comment was about making good decisions...boiling the argument down to only people who make bad decisions become addicts. MY argument was that even people who don't necessarily make bad decisions can become addicts. Like you said...a brain disease...since one doesn't CHOOSE to get a disease, it's kind of hard to say "Well you're an addict because you made bad decisions." That's the case more often than not...it's just not EVERY case, which was your argument.

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Again, you're missing the point.

First off, I was around during that time frame and there is NO WAY that I thought/think that NR's program worked. As you said, addiction is a complex condition. While I'm not a psychiatrist, I WAS in the medical field, tho I still only have slightly more than a layman's comprehension of the in's and out's of it...I also wasn't a neurologist.

Second, your original comment was about making good decisions...boiling the argument down to only people who make bad decisions become addicts. MY argument was that even people who don't necessarily make bad decisions can become addicts. Like you said...a brain disease...since one doesn't CHOOSE to get a disease, it's kind of hard to say "Well you're an addict because you made bad decisions." That's the case more often than not...it's just not EVERY case, which was your argument.
A person with a drinking / drug problem should know better than to go to a party but because they are an addict, their brain doesn't work like it should. They convince themselves that they can handle it - because temptation overrides better judgement. My comments were geared towards people who claim, "Well, she should have known better". She should have, but there is a legitimate reason for why she didn't.

Reactions: Cthulhu4Prez2020

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
If he came with her, there would be no reason to keep it a secret that they're dating.
They're adults now, right? As far as I know, they haven't tried to beat him up since they were kids and when he kicked their asses. Right or wrong, the MC is the one who threw the first punch in a fit of rage without waiting for an explanation.
Yeah, 100% mature and sensible adults!

aavf52.jpg

And she actually seems to be the most rational between them, based on the conversation she had with Natasha during the MC's first beating...

Mar 27, 2019
A person with a drinking / drug problem should know better than to go to a party but because they are an addict, their brain doesn't work like it should. They convince themselves that they can handle it - because temptation overrides better judgement. My comments were geared towards people who claim, "Well, she should have known better". She should have, but there is a legitimate reason for why she didn't.
And that right there is where I firmly believe the MC failed. He needed to step in big time and try to put the kibosh on that nonsense instead of being like "ok have fun be careful"

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah, 100% mature and sensible adults!

View attachment 1453596

And she actually seems to be the most rational between them, based on the conversation she had with Natasha during the MC's first beating...
I remember the first time I went to a party and didn't drink. It was a whole different experience. 'Damn! Did I do stupid shit like that?' Yes. Yes, I did.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I remember the first time I went to a party and didn't drink. It was a whole different experience. 'Damn! Did I do stupid shit like that?' Yes. Yes, I did.
Most of us did. The difference here is those people are addicts, so you can't expect them to react rationally in situations like someone they don't like showing up unannounced to their party. Bryce is also someone who believes he's the "big dog" in every situation, as we can see from his reaction when the MC caught him in bed with his girlfriend. The only way he could go to that party without turning it into a fight was if Ava told her "friends" in advance she wanted to bring her boyfriend with her and "demanded" from them to behave, but as we saw she didn't even tell them she was seeing someone.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Most of us did. The difference here is those people are addicts, so you can't expect them to react rationally in situations like someone they don't like showing up unannounced to their party. Bryce is also someone who believes he's the "big dog" in every situation, as we can see from his reaction when the MC caught him in bed with his girlfriend. The only way he could go to that party without turning it into a fight was if Ava told her "friends" in advance she wanted to bring her boyfriend with her and "demanded" from them to behave, but as we saw she didn't even tell them she was seeing someone.
But you can't just assume it would end in a fight either. It turned into a fight because the MC lost his temper seeing what he saw. The MC was the one who threw the first punch. Not Bryce.

Side note: One has to wonder, considering he was assaulted, why Bryce didn't press charges. Maybe there was a reason why he didn't want police to get involved. Maybe it had something to do with what led to the fight.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
But you can't just assume it would end in a fight either. It turned into a fight because the MC lost his temper seeing what he saw. The MC was the one who threw the first punch. Not Bryce.
He just caught him in bed with his girlfriend, of course he's gonna yell and ask what the fuck is going on? What would you do in his place? Ask her if she wants you to call Bryce's friends for a quick gangbang before you leave? You give Ava the benefit of being "young and stupid", but you want the MC to act like he's not the same age with her.

The MC asks Ava "So what does it look like?" to which she answers "Please. I can explain this later." and Bryce steps in (without anyone talking to him) and say "Hey buddy, you wanna chill out or do you wanna handle this the hard way?".
Do you really want to tell me that the MC just started throwing punches on his own? Bryce was the one who wanted to handle this the hard way (the "top dog" mentality I mentioned before) and he got his ass kicked.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
He just caught him in bed with his girlfriend, of course he's gonna yell and ask what the fuck is going on? What would you do in his place? Ask her if she wants you to call Bryce's friends for a quick gangbang before you leave? You give Ava the benefit of being "young and stupid", but you want the MC to act like he's not the same age with her.

The MC asks Ava "So what does it look like?" to which she answers "Please. I can explain this later." and Bryce steps in (without anyone talking to him) and say "Hey buddy, you wanna chill out or do you wanna handle this the hard way?".
Do you really want to tell me that the MC just started throwing punches on his own? Bryce was the one who wanted to handle this the hard way (the "top dog" mentality I mentioned before) and he got his ass kicked.
You can't assume it would end in a fight had he showed up with Ava to the party.

(I was responding to your comment - The only way he could go to that party without turning it into a fight was if Ava told her "friends" in advance she wanted to bring her boyfriend with her and "demanded" from them to behave, but as we saw she didn't even tell them she was seeing someone.)

Had the MC and Ava both showed up to the party, Bryce could have told him to leave. Would he do that in front of his friends? Seems sort of cowardly, so I would guess he would not. But he could have.

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
You can't assume it would end in a fight had he showed up with Ava to the party.

(I was responding to your comment - The only way he could go to that party without turning it into a fight was if Ava told her "friends" in advance she wanted to bring her boyfriend with her and "demanded" from them to behave, but as we saw she didn't even tell them she was seeing someone.)
And I responded to what you said about the MC throwing the first punch, to show you that it was Bryce who provoked him. Do you really think he wouldn't do the same thing at the first chance he had if the MC were to show up unannounced to his party? More so when he had his lackeys for backup.
And before you start talking about assumptions again, you are allowed to assume the MC never argued against Ava going to the party, just because we saw their last conversation about it, but everyone else needs "solid" proofs to say anything you don't agree with?

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Side note: One has to wonder, considering he was assaulted, why Bryce didn't press charges. Maybe there was a reason why he didn't want police to get involved. Maybe it had something to do with what led to the fight.
I think it has to do with the excessive amount of drug dealing he does and doesn't wanna attract a cops attention to investigate his molly stash?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
And I responded to what you said about the MC throwing the first punch, to show you that it was Bryce who provoked him. Do you really think he wouldn't do the same thing at the first chance he had if the MC were to show up unannounced to his party? More so when he had his lackeys for backup.
And before you start talking about assumptions again, you are allowed to assume the MC never argued against Ava going to the party, just because we saw their last conversation about it, but everyone else needs "solid" proofs to say anything you don't agree with?
I don't think Bryce would have immediately threw a punch if he and Ava showed up at his door - because they aren't kids any more and as he had drugs there, he most likely wouldn't want cops showing up at his door.

We have the dialog between the MC and Ava. If he still objected to her going, why would he joke around and tell her to have a good time? Doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't do that.

Making assumptions isn't the problem. Making assumptions and claiming them as fact is. You can give your reasons why you think an assumption might be true, but it's still only an assumption.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I think it has to do with the excessive amount of drug dealing he does and doesn't wanna attract a cops attention to investigate his molly stash?
That would be a good reason. However, he could hide his stash before calling. He probably couldn't keep the cops from questioning Ava as to what led up to the fight.

Reactions: KingWeWuz

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I don't think Bryce would have immediately threw a punch if he and Ava showed up at his door - because they aren't kids any more and as he had drugs there, he most likely wouldn't want cops showing up at his door.

We have the dialog between the MC and Ava. If he still objected to her going, why would he joke around and tell her to have a good time? Doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't do that.

Making assumptions isn't the problem. Making assumptions and claiming them as fact is. You can give your reasons why you think an assumption might be true, but it's still only an assumption.
I didn't say he'd immediately, that was just your assumption... I said he'd provoke the MC in every chance he got, which would eventually lead to a fight.

Again, we have the last dialogue between them about it. The MC was the one who brought it up, so it's obviously not the first time they talk about about it. You're just assuming that all of their previous conversations went the exact same way. How do you know he didn't play it cool, just because he didn't want to fight with her right before she go to a party where everyone hates him?

You are making the assumption that every single thing everyone posts here isn't just their opinion, but they state it as a fact.

That would be a good reason. However, he could hide his stash before calling. He probably couldn't keep the cops from questioning Ava as to what led up to the fight.
To use your words: Where in the game do you see proof of this? Can you point it out please?

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah. But I'd imagine if the cops were even half competent, it would be the word of several drug addicts vs him as to who started the fight. If the mc just says "they were on drugs and attacked me" they could investigate the bullying, even going so far as to do a blood test to determine how much drugs they're on, which would lead to a search etc.

I'd imagine cops are the last thing he'd want.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I didn't say he'd immediately, that was just your assumption... I said he'd provoke the MC in every chance he got, which would eventually lead to a fight.
It may have broke out into a fight. I gave my reasons why I thought Bryce would want to avoid a fight. Because they were no longer kids on a playground and as a drug dealer, he would want to avoid the cops from getting involved.

The MC was the one who brought it up, so it's obviously not the first time they talk about about it. You're just assuming that all of their previous conversations went the exact same way.
I don't need to make the assumption that all conversations went the same way. We know how the last one went. And on that conversation, he gave no indication that he didn't want her to go.

How do you know he didn't play it cool, just because he didn't want to fight with her right before she go to a party where everyone hates him?
I don't know. I only gave why I thought he wouldn't.

You are making the assumption that every single thing everyone posts here isn't just their opinion, but they state it as a fact.
Not every person. Just some.

To use your words: Where in the game do you see proof of this? Can you point it out please?
I didn't present it as proof. I presented it as a possibility.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes