2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

alexff371

May 27, 2020
The most true thing in that VNDB definition is that Netorare is that it's about emotions (mostly the negative ones) more than the actual act, but your mistake was the idea that it has to be focused on the guy. That definition you posted doesn't even say that. It says that "The game is usually portrayed from the perspective of someone losing his significant other, in order to delve deep into the jealousy aspect of the fetish". All that says is that it is common to show a male POV, not that it's necessary.
It seems to me that the only mistake here is your reading comprehension and just basic logic. Where did i say it HAS to feature male? I ASKED if this game has large portions from male perspective who goes through jealousy. And if not, does female goes through jealousy duet to her partner cheating on her? The game is focused on her after all. If both are false this is not netorare.
The game is missing an NTR Tag
What japanese call it is completely irrelevant because we in the west make clear distinction between cheating and netorare and they do not. 夏色のコワレモノ also listed as netorare, but anyone with half a brain would notice there is a big difference between these two games.

MaydayM'dick

Aug 13, 2017
It seems to me that the only mistake here is your reading comprehension and just basic logic. Where did i say it HAS to feature male? I ASKED if this game has large portions from male perspective who goes through jealousy. And if not, does female goes through jealousy duet to her partner cheating on her? The game is focused on her after all. If both are false this is not netorare.
You implied that it had to be about the person getting cucked, which is what implied that it had to be the man in this case. Netorare is about emotions, so in this case the emotions of infidelity that the woman feels and her corruption are the ones important. If you look again at the definition YOU posted, again it doesn't say that it needs to be focused on the person getting cucked, that's just popular. Call me out for reading comprehension and logic again, because it's ironic every time someone says that to me they are missing the points that I wrote plainly.
What japanese call it is completely irrelevant because we in the west make clear distinction between cheating and netorare and they do not.
This just tells me that you don't know Japanese well enough to comment on this. They have a term for cheating 浮気/Uwaki. Netorare is a different fetish and though they are conflated sometimes, they are even tagged differently with differences in content on both DLsite and Pixiv.
夏色のコワレモノ also listed as netorare, but anyone with half a brain would notice there is a big difference between these two games.
Finally yeah, there is a difference between the two, but you'd have to have half a brain to say that Fortnite and Call of Duty aren't both shooters. They are very different gameplay wise, but fundamentally they have the same basis. This why we have subgenres and tags that can be added together, because not everything is simple enough that all categories can perfectly differentiate the every game within. Escape from Tarkov is an extraction shooter, so you'll get it in addition to games like Call of Duty and Fortnite when searching up shooting games even though all three will have different audiences.

To put this simply for Netorare, it's already a subcategory of NTR, which contains Netorare, Netori, and Netorase, and if you want a game where a girl gets her lover stolen away that's Reverse NTR. Why reverse? Because that point of view is way less popular than the original "Man gets woman stolen away". I'm not saying that F95 has to use this tag approach, but boxing a more broad category into your narrow definition doesn't help anyone. Especially since many of these NTR games tag themselves as such on both the main image and their pages on the store front, so if someone sees that and then comes here they won't be able to find what they are looking for if you take that tag off just because it doesn't fit your definition.

Reactions: sortedegas
2.70 star(s) 6 Votes