Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
What's ridiculous about Enyo's estimates of release date is that from the day he received the translation on June 4 to the latest planned release date on June 25, that's a full 3 weeks just for integrating the translation into the game. Yet he was adamant at the time of the last release that a whole new release can be done in 3 weeks time.

On top of that, playing around with words like "not calling it a deadline anymore" to get around the problem of consistently and wildly over-estimating his ability, and always not making the release date, is just a totally underhanded tactic to not take responsibility. The problem isn't the long development cycle for a release. Virtually all the best games have months-long development cycles between releases these days. The problem is clinging on to the delusion of being capable of a short development cycle, but then constantly come up with "sorry, missed the release date because of <insert the latest excuse reason>", and not just by a little but by months.

Mmarsh

Mar 1, 2020
It is his game and he can do whatever he wants. But the way he is reacting everytime with silly things like soon very soon trying to keep trying to improve my speed this and that etc, sounds very unprofessional and childish.

Reactions: patrankius

noctarima

Jul 14, 2020
Other devs would be destroyed if they constantly did these things. Enyo, for whatever reason, manages to avoid most of this. Perhaps it's his lighthearted nature or him admitting he keeps screwing up.
Other devs usually sells the game for a monthly price, so their patrons' motivation is like %50 buying %50 supporting. But in the case of enyo, he gives the game for free. His patrons are only there to financially support him. That's why his patrons are a lot more forgiving(a little too forgiving for my opinion. I would've stopped after 3rd or 4th delay.).

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
What's ridiculous about Enyo's estimates of release date is that from the day he received the translation on June 4 to the latest planned release date on June 25, that's a full 3 weeks just for integrating the translation into the game. Yet he was adamant at the time of the last release that a whole new release can be done in 3 weeks time.

On top of that, playing around with words like "not calling it a deadline anymore" to get around the problem of consistently and wildly over-estimating his ability, and always not making the release date, is just a totally underhanded tactic to not take responsibility. The problem isn't the long development cycle for a release. Virtually all the best games have months-long development cycles between releases these days. The problem is clinging on to the delusion of being capable of a short development cycle, but then constantly come up with "sorry, missed the release date because of <insert the latest excuse reason>", and not just by a little but by months.
Exactly this. I've suspected this for a while, and I'm certain now - Enyo is pretty much using the exact same strategies that the Radiant devs do to milk. 7-8 month updates with multiple delays, constant contradictions (how long can it possibly take to incorporate translated text that is supposedly already "done"?), but this whole insulting "if I don't actually promise a date then it's ok when I don't deliver since it's technically not a delay" is the absolute worst

Sguru007

Feb 19, 2020
Man please someone help me
I am unable to play this game with walkthrough as the game ends and I misses too much things

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I am unable to play this game with walkthrough as the game ends and I misses too much things
There is a walkthrough in the first page. You can´t play without it, or the walkthrough is not complete? I haven´t tried the game yet, so, this a good thing to know

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There is a walkthrough in the first page. You can´t play without it, or the walkthrough is not complete? I haven´t tried the game yet, so, this a good thing to know
You can't play without it and that one is incomplete
don't need walkthrough. game guides player enuf.

Reactions: ronan333

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
The thing with the deadlines and everything else is that at a certain point, you just can't take anything he says seriously. Him playing around with " Not a deadline but on this day... " is borderline trolling at this point. We can't take him seriously, and I don't know that he takes it seriously either. This has been an recurring issue the entire development of the game. First, he was remaking everything all the time and now since he isn't remaking everything he is missing deadlines left and right.

Other devs would be destroyed if they constantly did these things. Enyo, for whatever reason, manages to avoid most of this. Perhaps it's his lighthearted nature or him admitting he keeps screwing up.

This game would be a top game if he would be semi-reliable. This game used to have a fair bit of hype, but he's tossed water on that fire multiple times.
For some reason, this dev reminds me of ttll the only difference is Enyo is very communicative while ttll is the opposite in that regard.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
It is his game and he can do whatever he wants. But the way he is reacting everytime with silly things like soon very soon trying to keep trying to improve my speed this and that etc, sounds very unprofessional and childish.
Right, because it would be better having a dev who will rage at the haters and quit development rather than have one who will try and joke around and defuse the situation.

There are people here acting childish. And it's not the dev. It's almost everybody who has replied here in the past month. Including you.

Enyo must be a god damn saint to take the abuse and temper tantrums you fuckwits are throwing here and still be in the mood he is in.

Mmarsh

Mar 1, 2020
Right, because it would be better having a dev who will rage at the haters and quit development rather than have one who will try and joke around and defuse the situation.

There are people here acting childish. And it's not the dev. It's almost everybody who has replied here in the past month. Including you.

Enyo must be a god damn saint to take the abuse and temper tantrums you fuckwits are throwing here and still be in the mood he is in.
I think you don't have the brain to understand the things properly.
No one is abusing him. If people are showing their anger then it means they care about the game. And problem is not the time taking. He taken a full year for an update but with a reasonable excuse and people will be happy. Right now he is giving lame excuses n that's why people are a bit frustrated.
So don't act like a child.

Sep 18, 2017

Beta Knight.png

mauro

May 3, 2017
It baffles me that people can get angry over a game being delayed when there's 6280 games on this site alone. Just play something else in the meanwhile :WeSmart:... and if this developer quits or fails to deliver you'd have something else to look forward to anyway. Tons of developers that do regular updates, some new games popping up as well, so there should be enough to do in the meanwhile.

I can say it's disappointing to see something delayed, but to nag in threads seems like such a waste of one's time when there's other games to explore.
I can understand one delay, even two delays, but he's delaying from Feb! "I didn't have time"... "my translator is a bad guy, it's all his fault!"... "dog ate my code"... I know there are a lot of other games, and I have a life, thank you, I don't need his game to find something to do, but all this situation is a bit ridiculous

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes