shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
If you finish playing the game you will know that if you can change the name
Are you really going to face palm that comment as the dev? why dont you put it in from the beginning dumb ass to keep your potential supporterss happy...

Why would I want to change the name when the game is already finished??? one of the most retarded reactions from a dev I've ever seen.

SALR

Formerly 'SALR'
Game Developer
Aug 20, 2020
Are you really going to face palm that comment as the dev? why dont you put it in from the beginning dumb ass to keep your potential supporterss happy...

Why would I want to change the name when the game is already finished??? one of the most retarded reactions from a dev I've ever seen.
Hahaha but if it's not until the end of the game, it's even before the middle when you can change the name.
I really don't see the problem.
The fact that you want to disrespect me for not investigating is your problem.
No one has complained about the name.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Hahaha but if it's not until the end of the game, it's even before the middle when you can change the name.
You said "finish playing" earlier, in english this means "after the game ends"
the middle is pretty bad place to put it too though. Entering player's name should be the very first thing that happens in a game. so you are called the correct name from the start.
well, unless the MC has amnesia in which case it should be asked as soon as the MC starts talking to someone. But that should not happen in the "middle" either but relatively close to the start

Reactions: SALR

SALR

Formerly 'SALR'
Game Developer
Aug 20, 2020
You said "finish playing" earlier, in english this means "after the game ends"
the middle is pretty bad place to put it too though. Entering player's name should be the very first thing that happens in a game. so you are called the correct name from the start.
well, unless the MC has amnesia in which case it should be asked as soon as the MC starts talking to someone. But that should not happen in the "middle" either but relatively close to the start
Ok, I will explain it so that it is clear and there are no doubts.
The person who plays Family at Home 2 will be able to change the name of the mc in the middle of episode 1.
Not in the middle of the game and not at the end either, it can be changed in the middle of episode 1.
We could say that 15 minutes after starting the game, you can change the name.
Why can't you change it at the beginning?
You can't change it because of the story, since at the beginning of the story the mc will be called Marcos, but due to a series of events he decides to change his name.
And that is when you can change the name of the mc.
In my opinion it is not something that should be a problem, but if you don't like to change the name 15 minutes after playing, I can add it at the beginning and problem solved.

I hope this is clear.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
it can be changed in the middle of episode 1.
We could say that 15 minutes after starting the game, you can change the name.
that is "near the start" or "early in the game" and so on, rather than "in the middle". Middle means roughly equal distance to beginning and end.
Not trying to rag on you here, there is nothing wrong with not being a native speaker
I hope this is clear.
thank you. that does help clarify
You can't change it because of the story, since at the beginning of the story the mc will be called Marcos, but due to a series of events he decides to change his name.
And that is when you can change the name of the mc.
In my opinion it is not something that should be a problem, but if you don't like to change the name 15 minutes after playing, I can add it at the beginning and problem solved.
See in such a case I would have started out by asking the MC's name.
and then 15 minutes into the game go "ok. for [reasons] I need to change my name" and then give a 2nd prompt for a name.
where the first prompt for your name is your birth name (where the player inputs name of choice)

this might seem redundant from a development standpoint. but for helps a lot with the roleplaying.

Reactions: SALR

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
I have just one question,how much coding skill it takes to remove the textbox? Full white box is hurting my eyes(android)

SALR

Formerly 'SALR'
Game Developer
Aug 20, 2020
I have just one question,how much coding skill it takes to remove the textbox? Full white box is hurting my eyes(android)
I have fixed that problem, now the Android version looks exactly the same as the pc version.
This means that the names of the people appear and there is no white text box.
I hope it helps.

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
Just tried this out. Really liked it. looking forward to more. Especially when he finally gets Hedy. And especially if he wants to start knocking up all the women in this game, which I certainly hope he does. Please let that be a thing with this later. Also Fuck Blake. Hate assholes like him.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7!0L4+02 and SALR

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Honey Select 2
Random but I just checked your Patreon-absolutely insane to me you only get $150 a month-wish I wasn’t dirt-poor so I could contribute a bit. Maybe consider starting a Subscribestar or Itch.io in case that helps
Hope you start to get the financial support you deserve going forward, excited for the next release either way

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes