Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
How long does it take to do the review & reach some sort of decision? It's been a while & not even a "holding note" from Patreon.
I was going to swear, as a safety valve, but that would just lower the tone. (Sorry, I used to work for an emergency service where there wasn't any time to prat around for weeks like Patreon appear to be doing).
It can days or weeks to sort, it depends on the complaint. They may have to play the game to see if it breaches the rules.

Reactions: ancienregimele

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
How long does it take to do the review & reach some sort of decision? It's been a while & not even a "holding note" from Patreon.
We and a member of Patreon's "Trust and Safety" group have been having an ongoing dialog since the day we were suspended.

I was going to swear, as a safety valve, but that would just lower the tone. (Sorry, I used to work for an emergency service where there wasn't any time to prat around for weeks like Patreon appear to be doing).
Turnaround isn't blazingly fast on their end, but then it isn't always so on our end either, given everything John and I have going on right now. I have no idea how many cases the representative we've been dealing with has on his plate - could be quite a few for all I know.

I should include the fact that their representative has been quite professional in our discussions. I think we're very close to resolution at this point, but I'm not counting the chickens just yet...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Turnaround isn't blazingly fast on their end
That is quite the understatement. Any number of developers have complained about the feedback lag from Patreon.

Personally, I have had several occasions where I needed to contact their help desk. It always took at least two days for any meaningful response. Which was especially galling the time I was trying to figure out why my payment was being rejected, going back and forth between Patreon, Paypal, and my credit card company - each pointing fingers at the other. It turned out to be Paypal, by the way.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
We are back online at Patreon.

The only thing that the Patreon representative ended up requesting to be removed was the scene at the end of Chapter 3 where Parker is fantasizing about his mother, so those few shots no longer appear in the versions of the game now being distributed through Patreon.

FYI, we and the Patreon representative had a very reasoned discussion related to all the accusations in the complaint. The discussions included the nature and depiction of the characters and the content of the story to date, but also how some of the content was significant to the direction in which we planned to take the story in future chapters. (Sorry, no spoilers!) In the end, on everything except the above, they accepted our arguments as to why our content was within the bounds of their ToS. Granted, we're probably right up against the edge in some areas, but...

So, yes, the back-and-forth took a little while, but it wasn't particularly painful, nor can I really find anything to criticize in the nature of our dialog with the representative.

So, you are all now once more free to flock to and sign up as patrons... LOL

gwind0081

Sep 5, 2019
We are back online at Patreon.

The only thing that the Patreon representative ended up requesting to be removed was the scene at the end of Chapter 3 where Parker is fantasizing about his mother, so those few shots no longer appear in the versions of the game now being distributed through Patreon.

FYI, we and the Patreon representative had a very reasoned discussion related to all the accusations in the complaint. The discussions included the nature and depiction of the characters and the content of the story to date, but also how some of the content was significant to the direction in which we planned to take the story in future chapters. (Sorry, no spoilers!) In the end, on everything except the above, they accepted our arguments as to why our content was within the bounds of their ToS. Granted, we're probably right up against the edge in some areas, but...

So, yes, the back-and-forth took a little while, but it wasn't particularly painful, nor can I really find anything to criticize in the nature of our dialog with the representative.

So, you are all now once more free to flock to and sign up as patrons... LOL
Glad it all got taken care of. That must have been rough with everything else going on. Has the next release date been finalized yet or is that still up in the air?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Melanie's hot, but my hopes was for a Becky scene. Maybe even a Becky NTR scene.
All I'm going to say is that this chapter is going to have more, um, "content" in it than some of our previous ones.
Ok, can you say if I'm getting..."warmer" or "colder"?
LOL. I could drag this out by saying "warmer or colder towards what," but I think I'm just going to let you suffer until the next chapter comes out. Asking an author what's coming next is kind of like asking a magician to explain a trick, right?

Suffice it to say that none of the characters that have been introduced so far are going away. You may take that any way you please...

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I am overdue on doing this, but I want to give an ENORMOUS shout-out to Milos

Milos purchased and donated two outfits that you will see in the upcoming chapter. One is the tank top and shorts that Melanie is wearing in the teaser picture @DonkeyFace posted (ok, you can't see the shorts, but they're hot...) and the second is a dress for Melanie:

TYMelissa2.png

johncbb and I can't thank Milos enough for his generosity.

Elkfood

Jun 8, 2017
LOL. I could drag this out by saying "warmer or colder towards what," but I think I'm just going to let you suffer until the next chapter comes out. Asking an author what's coming next is kind of like asking a magician to explain a trick, right?

Suffice it to say that none of the characters that have been introduced so far are going away. You may take that any way you please...
You're right. But I had to try. :)

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes