2.70 star(s) 11 Votes

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I love QSP games. I think they give writers the best chance to make great games. After all the gifs, and videos are simply the cherry on the top of the writing. BUT - and it's a big but 'as it were' - the game needs to give people at least the slightest hint as to what the fuck is going on.

I've been following the walkthroughs today and even with them it's a fucking mystery.

I'm not stupid. But a game where the entire mechanics are hidden and the effects of your choices are hidden is like trying to solve cryptic crosswords when the crossword writer is a psychopath whose pathology changes from day to day.

This could be a great game. But at the minute it's a grind fest designed by a lunatic. I guess Patreon love their cut though.

Reactions: Namco15

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
I love QSP games. I think they give writers the best chance to make great games. After all the gifs, and videos are simply the cherry on the top of the writing. BUT - and it's a big but 'as it were' - the game needs to give people at least the slightest hint as to what the fuck is going on.

I've been following the walkthroughs today and even with them it's a fucking mystery.

I'm not stupid. But a game where the entire mechanics are hidden and the effects of your choices are hidden is like trying to solve cryptic crosswords when the crossword writer is a psychopath whose pathology changes from day to day.

This could be a great game. But at the minute it's a grind fest designed by a lunatic. I guess Patreon love their cut though.
The trick is to open the QSP in something like qgen and keep track of the variables as you go.

Fair warning, this particular game is spread across 2 qsp's and about 50 variables per interaction. Bring a shovel. :biggrin:

Reactions: caramoore

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
Yer, all well and good. But I design stuff for a living, I design circuits and make new systems. When I want to enjoy a fantasy I do not want to be dissecting bloody code :)

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
I don't understand the in and outs of code like some guys here, but I do know what you guys are on about, it a shame really as this could be a really good game.

Reactions: caramoore

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
It's a cracking story Robbo. But there are now traffic signs telling people which way to go.

You could, for example, click on the right decisions time after time, but just once click on the wrong choice and it would lock out a whole part of the game.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I agree with many of the frustrations and complaints posted lately. I feel your pain!

I edited the 1.2.5 Mod version of the game and fixed and added a bunch of things that may be helpful:

Features
  • Heavily edited and improved mod features (I didn’t create the original mod, just improved it)
  • Added a command injector to the cheat menu
  • Added a lot of additional variables and added Gina to the cheat menu
  • Numerous small bug fixes
  • Several logic fixes and potential game breaking bug fixes
  • Less grind – less wait time between events, multiple events can trigger on the same day
  • Faster relationship progression
  • Removed 50% of the failure paths in the game, there were far too many ways to fail – many previous choices no longer result in failure
  • Recommended choices often have a (*) next to them
  • Miscellaneous small cheats to reduce grind and improve gameplay
  • Included a couple of walkthroughs (not done by me and most are not complete)
  • Added a bunch of high quality images for Angelica (Nanny), Foxy, Gina, Laura. I coded the images to rotate automatically so that you don’t see the same mugshot every time. This provides more variety and less boredom.
This release is currently Alpha and not fully tested. The Caprice, Foxy, and Nanny paths are mostly tested.

If this becomes popular I may create its own page so that it doesn't take up lots of comments here. If you have any questions or problems with it let me know.

You can use my command injector to do just about anything in the game. Some example commands:

money = 20000
strength = 100
gt 'home'
hour = 19
gt 'PaidSexFoxy'
gt 'PaidSexCaprice'
nanny_event =
sexAngel =
amountLinenEvents =

Any variable in the game can be modified using my command injector. I've been working on this for several weeks and just updated it for the 1.2.5 version of the game.

Installation - Just copy or extract the archive into your Family Life 1.2.5 folder (overwrite all).

Last edited:

coolstorybro

Oct 20, 2016
I just updated my mod version above so that it will fully update a 1.2 version game to version 1.2.5. It's only a 38 MB download. Enjoy! :)
Sorry, just need some clarification. So lets say I already have the v1.2 downloaded with no mods. Will your above download update it to 1.2.5 with the mod included? If so that will save me and others a lot of time and I just wanted to be sure :)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Sorry, just need some clarification. So lets say I already have the v1.2 downloaded with no mods. Will your above download update it to 1.2.5 with the mod included? If so that will save me and others a lot of time and I just wanted to be sure :)
Yes, you are correct. You will have a full 1.2.5 modded version.

For those who don't want a modded game (don't know why but OK), you can still use my download to fully update version 1.2 to version 1.25. Just copy the two files from the 'backup' folder and place them in the same folder with the two QSP files and then rename both files to game.qsp and addition.qsp and you will have a full unmodded 1.2.5 version. So my download can be used to update the game fully modded or original.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I'm currently testing the Gina path. I found one bug so far. I'm not sure if it's my bug or the authors but regardless, if you get stuck on 'sexGina 418' and the loop repeats itself week after week then type the following using the Command Injector: index_eventsGina_sexboy = 3
This will stop the loop and allow you to continue her path. I already have it fixed in the next version. No need to do anything if you aren't stuck or already past this point.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017

If this becomes popular I may create it's own page so that it doesn't take up lots of comments here. If you have any questions or problems with it let me know.*it's its, not it's*

its is the possessive, it's is not.

*Sorry.. had to do that*

I hate to see the grocer's apostrophe. :)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017

If this becomes popular I may create it's own page so that it doesn't take up lots of comments here. If you have any questions or problems with it let me know.*it's its, not it's*

its is the possessive, it's is not.

*Sorry.. had to do that*

I hate to see the grocer's apostrophe. :)
Not to be rude, but this sort of post is why I hate sites like youtube. Nearly 50% of the comments there are people nitpicking about spelling and grammar. Don't people have something better to do with their time??? The first response from people seems to be in finding a way to criticize or correct someone else which is very sad. I wish all sites and forums would prohibit all posts regarding spelling and grammar - the world would be a much better place. Please move along, there is nothing to see here...

2.70 star(s) 11 Votes