3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Most creators make the games they want to make though. With 169 patreon's it would be a far stretch to think this creator have this as primary source of income or job. Real life can be a time consuming bitch. When creating such games on a hobby basis, the time allocated to work on it take back seat to other obligations, rl first right?

Water down the story/game, just to focus on "fap happy" stuff, would most likely ruin the game and turn away the people that does support it for what it is.
I do hear your point, and it is valid.

But if I knew that I had a day time job, and was only doing this for fun. I'd want to capitalise as much as possible. Sure, 100+ Patrons,

It's one thing to write a story, another to write a story for people. I do think the art and promise of something in the future have been the hold out for people. Much like DmD was early days. Of course, just my opinion. But unlike DmD, this game hasn't progressed.

The story of this game isn't anything special. There have been other games where the dev couldn't deliver monthly, Come Inside comes to mind, but I still remember it despite the long waits. Because it delivers a nice enough story. My point being, you have to measure what you can deliver in X time, with how you deliver it. A good writer could deliver quality content while making us want more after the fact. This story has been teasing a prospect from EP 1, and we seem no closer to it even now, it just drags on, without distinction.

EDIT: Correction, years, plural.

screencapture-graphtreon-com-creator-perv2k16-1571875635317.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Freezer14

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I do hear your point, and it is valid.

But if I knew that I had a day time job, and was only doing this for fun. I'd want to capitalise as much as possible. Sure, 100+ Patrons,

It's one thing to write a story, another to write a story for people. I do think the art and promise of something in the future have been the hold out for people. Much like DmD was early days. Of course, just my opinion. But unlike DmD, this game hasn't progressed.

The story of this game isn't anything special. There have been other games where the dev couldn't deliver monthly, Come Inside comes to mind, but I still remember it despite the long waits. Because it delivers a nice enough story. My point being, you have to measure what you can deliver in X time, with how you deliver it. A good writer could deliver quality content while making us want more after the fact. This story has been teasing a prospect from EP 1, and we seem no closer to it even now, it just drags on, without distinction.
Well, Patreon is all about support and back the creator, not buy or subscribe to what he/she actually make. If you as a supporter feel the creator fail to deliver on what made you initially support in the first place, people will stop their support. Imho, creators do best when they release what they want to release, and feel ready to release something.

If you look back at patronage, and what it meant for artists. Painters, musicians, whatever. They got supported for what they made/did, not because of what the backers wanted them to make for them.

It's not like R.R Martin is rushing his next chapter in Game Of Thrones because of impatient fans, he more likely to troll them.

Problem with all these creators and games through Patreon (and similar), they arrive in peace meal. They leave you hanging waiting for more. Some creators try push out new content on a monthly basis, but that doesn't set it as a norm or standard to do so. I fear those that do, is more likely to burn their candle in both end and fizzle out. Things take time, some more than others. And sadly some, a lot of time.

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Well, Patreon is all about support and back the creator, not buy or subscribe to what he/she actually make. If you as a supporter feel the creator fail to deliver on what made you initially support in the first place, people will stop their support. Imho, creators do best when they release what they want to release, and feel ready to release something.

If you look back at patronage, and what it meant for artists. Painters, musicians, whatever. They got supported for what they made/did, not because of what the backers wanted them to make for them.

It's not like R.R Martin is rushing his next chapter in Game Of Thrones because of impatient fans, he more likely to troll them.

Problem with all these creators and games through Patreon (and similar), they arrive in peace meal. They leave you hanging waiting for more. Some creators try push out new content on a monthly basis, but that doesn't set it as a norm or standard to do so. I fear those that do, is more likely to burn their candle in both end and fizzle out. Things take time, some more than others. And sadly some, a lot of time.
Have you seen what WVM is doing? Delivering amazing content in 0.1, and they keep doing it, with weekly updates. With each month (4-5) weeks being a full in-game day. Each having a huge amount of content. What's more, it's a great story. I'd support a game like that again and again and again. The days of prick-teasing died with Chapter 1 of DmD. Back when this games development started, 3 years ago!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Have you seen what WVM is doing? Delivering amazing content in 0.1, and they keep doing it, with weekly updates. With each month (4-5) weeks being a full in-game day. Each having a huge amount of content. What's more, it's a great story. I'd support a game like that again and again and again. The days of prick-teasing died with Chapter 1 of DmD. Back when this games development started, 3 years ago!
tbf WVM is not the the norm he is an anomaly, of course it would be awesome if everyone was like that but its unfair to hold everyone to the same standard.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That is a bit like say, "have you seen what J.J Abrams" did? After you show your amateur movie to someone. I got no idea what the real life situation of any of these guys are. One might be single and have all the time in the world, the other might be married have kids, wife, rl job whatever. "Whatabout'isme" doesn't solve anything.

Someone might have close to all the time in the world, while someone else have very limited time. Tbh, it's about what they do with that time they got available that matters. If a creator work on their project the time he/she got available to do so, you can't fault him/her for slacking.

If things take a very long time, it doesn't bother me tbh. It's done when it's done, and if it doesn't materialize at all? Well that is life, sometimes it hands you lemons. I tend to tip the jar of a creator for a couple months, then go tip someone else, to spread it around. For me it doesn't make sense to to pledge to some creator for the entire duration of the time it take to complete the project I'm interested in. But I do like to tip their jar for a couple month because I value what they do, when I like it.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Family Matters v0.8.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Never seen this before, Just played it. Stunning Characters.
Vicky is breathtaking.
Hopefully we can continue Vicky's GF route next time :>

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
with a name like PERV you would think this project would have more tags.

also, I think I have lost my love for this one. I was hyped up when it first released as it really looked like it was going to be good, like a top 10 good. since the first couple of updates its kinda been leaking its appeal. now after each update I just feel like both player and dev are going through the motions of cooking a nourishing meal without adding spice for flavour. it just seems to be missing something...

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I have a feeling it goes down a pokemon route.. got to collect them all :p
To be honest it does look like your choices matters.
At the police station, you can literally just tell the detective that "Vicky is a Whore" D:
But if you're sweet you can tell him that she's your girlfriend and outside Vicky asks if you really meant it.
THEN you can either Reject her or Accept her as your girlfriend. Like the game really does gives you the opportunity d:

GrimReviews

Feb 11, 2019
well i havent played this in a few updates but i have to admit i really enjoyed it the renders are great i like the story but i think choices dont matter atm apart from ones that lead to a game over iv picked differen choices and havent really noticed anything different for example the new choices with nicole both choices lead to same scene

yourdaddy555

Apr 5, 2019
I was going to try the game but when I found the game is abandoned I drop that plan. Is this game really back? Should I try this?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
*checks it out again*

...and the MC is still stuck on third base.

Alright, at this point it's fairly obvious we might get actual content sometime in 2047, and who even knows how long it'll be for Julie (you know, the main girl) to get some action.

May as well rename this to something more appropriate like : "Blue Balls - The Game" or "How I totally didn't fuck my sist…"housemate"".

Oh well.

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes