Jul 17, 2017
My God, is it really that hard to indicate the correct relationships between characters on the main page? Or at least remove the "incest" tag if it's not there? Why should I and others have to go through the comments and look for how to set up a relationship instead of this idiotic "friend"? :FacePalm:

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Yes, It would be really helpful, if so you could put it on page 1 so that in case, it could be helpful to others too. I can try to insert the persistent in all the save folders XD
Let's see if that changes anything, at least I'll try. One way or another it will be solved or at least we will try XD
If i use you persistent, can i change the mc name after?

Thank you
Yes, you just need go in status and click rename ^^ when i'm back at pc i will try to send you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Mahler22

Oct 3, 2019
My God, is it really that hard to indicate the correct relationships between characters on the main page? Or at least remove the "incest" tag if it's not there? Why should I and others have to go through the comments and look for how to set up a relationship instead of this idiotic "friend"? :FacePalm:
The idiot here is you since you don't know how patreon works.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Gothgirlgames hey i skipped the last few updates and now the game has some stuff that happens out of timeline.

I met Akina in the Lobby and was invited to her Birthday beach party before the Club got introduced by Lara and before MC became a member of said Club, also the Meating with Luna to Study History happend before MC had his first Club meeting, but at both the Beachparty and the History Study group people reverencing the Club and MC being there before it happened.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gothgirlgames

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Gothgirlgames hey i skipped the last few updates and now the game has some stuff that happens out of timeline.

I met Akina in the Lobby and was invited to her Birthday beach party before the Club got introduced by Lara and before MC became a member of said Club, also the Meating with Luna to Study History happend before MC had his first Club meeting, but at both the Beachparty and the History Study group people reverencing the Club and MC being there before it happened.
Thanks great! thanks for telling me, i will reorganize the varables and make sure it make sense!

I will change it to happens only after Keren final event on the club.

Reactions: Juerhullycin

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Hi sorry to ask, but can you help me.
Perhaps i am doing something wrong. But to be sure i deleted the save folder form the game. And also search for the other save folder on the main ssd, just do not understand why every game save 2 time.
So afther i deleted the save folder with the persistent file.
I start a fresh game. Then i change MC name, I put the relationship like this: Sister/Brother/Brother/Father.
The game ask me if i wanna activated the cheat. I say no because this is me first time play the game.
But the game again, give me that i am Steve Friend...
How i set the variables right? I understand that you say do not touch the persistent, but i had an old persistent file, so i had to remove it.
So can you explain a little better the things?

Thank you
Theres a topic a bit up explaining it, somethimng is happening onyour end that is not recording the permanent names. maybe you put the game on a protected folder or something.

i'm glad you are enjoying and unfortunately i can't do more.try moving the game to a less protected Folder should work to set your persistent data correctly ^^
This is not an issue with variables or persistent saves, line 819 of the script literally says "Friend" instead of [f3]:
Python:
b "Normally at this time of the morning I would already be at school, preparing my class schedule and shit, but not today. This morning, I received a call from Keren, the daughter of my Friend Steve."
Bahamut Zero There's nothing wrong on your end in this case, it doesn't use your custom name because it's not being called, it's just normal text.

Gothgirlgames It's a simple fix, just replace friend on that line with the appropriate variable. From a quick search, line 2005 also has the same problem:
Python:
h "Obviously he inherited the brains. I wouldn't guess you were the Friend of such an important person from Woodcrest high society."
While troubleshooting, I found an unrelated bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
This is not an issue with variables or persistent saves, line 819 of the script literally says "Friend" instead of [f3]:
Python:
b "Normally at this time of the morning I would already be at school, preparing my class schedule and shit, but not today. This morning, I received a call from Keren, the daughter of my Friend Steve."
Bahamut Zero There's nothing wrong on your end in this case, it doesn't use your custom name because it's not being called, it's just normal text.

Gothgirlgames It's a simple fix, just replace friend on that line with the appropriate variable. From a quick search, line 2005 also has the same problem:
Python:
h "Obviously he inherited the brains. I wouldn't guess you were the Friend of such an important person from Woodcrest high society."
While troubleshooting, I found an unrelated bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn, i should hire you to code for me!

Thanks for bringing me those i will fix it asap!

Reiaa

Mar 2, 2018
While running game code:
Exception: To be persisted, <Character: 'Main Character'> must support equality comparison.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\main.py", line 651, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 429, in update
merge(other)
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 377, in merge
backup[f] = safe_deepcopy(val)
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 144, in safe_deepcopy
raise Exception("To be persisted, %r must support equality comparison." % o)
Exception: To be persisted, <Character: 'Main Character'> must support equality comparison.

Mhm.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\main.py", line 651, in main
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 429, in update
merge(other)
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 377, in merge
File "F:\Downloads\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\Family_trouble-0.9.10-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 144, in safe_deepcopy

Mhm.
I will try to see i can produce the same error on my end and see how i can fix it.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Gothgirlgames. Love the game. One bug with the shortcut menu is with Kurt. When selecting Kurt, you first get sent to label kurtq1 line 1599 in custom_screens.rpy which in turn takes you to kurtq11 (line 17278 in scripy.rpy) to play the scene at where you meet Kurt at school and take him to to the coffee shop. After that's done by the player, Kurt is still selectable in the shortcut menu and looks for kurtq2 which doesn't exist, crashing the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Gothgirlgames

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Hi Gothgirlgames. Love the game. One bug with the shortcut menu is with Kurt. When selecting Kurt, you first get sent to label kurtq1 line 1599 in custom_screens.rpy which in turn takes you to kurtq11 (line 17278 in scripy.rpy) to play the scene at where you meet Kurt at school and take him to to the coffee shop. After that's done by the player, Kurt is still selectable in the shortcut menu and looks for kurtq2 which doesn't exist, crashing the game.
FIXING IT Asap!!!

Reactions: Ruffuss

Smashdude6669

Feb 11, 2022
While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
merge(other)

Mhm.
I have the same error everytime I try to open it, downloaded all versions, still crashes. I tried the LewdGames and Itchio downloads and have the same result. :(

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
I have the same error everytime I try to open it, downloaded all versions, still crashes. I tried the LewdGames and Itchio downloads and have the same result. :(
I need to understand why its happens with some people and other not. i have no idea how to reproduce this error here.

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes