Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
I'ts still happening? i made sure the changes will work right after, i think your persistant date is not saving right, try to delete it.

Look.

"Before we start, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself. My name is..."
$ b = renpy.input("What is your name?", default="Danzig").strip() or "Danzig"
$ persistent.name = b
"In the default titles, you will see 'Friend' for Keren, Kara, and Kurt. That's how the game was designed."
"But you are free to change it to a playstyle that fits you better."
"Keren, Kara, and Kurt are siblings. Steve is their father. If you are unsure, leave FRIEND. You can always change it later on the status screen at ANYTIME."
$ f1 = renpy.input("How you will adress Kara and Keren?", default="Friend").strip() or "Friend"
$ persistent.f1 = f1
$ f4 = renpy.input("How you will Adress Kurt?", default="Friend").strip() or "Friend"
$ persistent.f4 = f4
$ f2 = renpy.input("How Kara, Keren and Kurt will adress you?", default="Friend").strip() or "Friend"
$ persistent.f2 = f2
$ f3 = renpy.input("How you will adress Steve?, He is Kara, Kurt and Keren father.", default="Friend").strip() or "Friend"
$ persistent.f3 = f3
$ b = persistent.name
$ f1 = persistent.f1
$ f2 = persistent.f2
$ f3 = persistent.f3
$ f4 = persistent.f4
What you're doing there is just walking in circles, nothing is changing, if persistent.name = b then b = persistent.name already, no need to restate it. Your problem is right at the start of the script.rpy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And then repeatedly doing this throughout the code:
This means that if the persistent data is deleted, when you load the game it will take these defined values again and once you hit $ b = persistent.name 'b' becomes 'Character("Main Character")' because that's what the variable now contains. Deleting the persistent data is what's causing the problem right now.

For anyone who ran into this, restarting the game until you set these variables and then loading your previous save should fix it. Don't touch the persistent file or it will happen again.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
What you're doing there is just walking in circles, nothing is changing, if persistent.name = b then b = persistent.name already, no need to restate it. Your problem is right at the start of the script.rpy:
This means that if the persistent data is deleted, when you load the game it will take these defined values again and once you hit $ b = persistent.name 'b' becomes 'Character("Main Character")' because that's what the variable now contains. Deleting the persistent data is what's causing the problem right now.

For anyone who ran into this, restarting the game until you set these variables and then loading your previous save should fix it. Don't touch the persistent file or it will happen again.

Thanks!

I will look for another way to do that!

I ned to keep doing that because of how replay works, otherwise the replay will aways get back to the default values.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi Gothgirlgames first of all thank you.
I've been following the game for a while and I only started trying it when you started giving us the possibility to change relationships at the beginning of the game. I know that the game wasn't born that way, but my little fetish leads me to look for mostly incestuous games, then normal relationship.

So, just to clarify, the intro of the game, hasn't been changed yet right? Because i also try this new version 0.9.10 and i keep setting the protagonist as the "brother" or uncle, but in both cases, the MC continues to call himself a friend of Steve or better say Karen, the daughter of my friend Steve (but I had set Steve as the MC's father...) Also the MC keep to be annoyed by the fact that the three call him brother or uncle.

So I was wondering, around when the introduction was supposed to be, where it fits in with the various relationship changes?

Thank you

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gothgirlgames

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Hi Gothgirlgames first of all thank you.
I've been following the game for a while and I only started trying it when you started giving us the possibility to change relationships at the beginning of the game. I know that the game wasn't born that way, but my little fetish leads me to look for mostly incestuous games, then normal relationship.

So, just to clarify, the intro of the game, hasn't been changed yet right? Because i also try this new version 0.9.10 and i keep setting the protagonist as the "brother" or uncle, but in both cases, the MC continues to call himself a friend of Steve or better say Karen, the daughter of my friend Steve (but I had set Steve as the MC's father...) Also the MC keep to be annoyed by the fact that the three call him brother or uncle.

So I was wondering, around when the introduction was supposed to be, where it fits in with the various relationship changes?

Thank you
hmm odd it works fine with my copy

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
hmm odd it works fine with my copy
I don't know what to say, I downloaded version 0.9.10. And the MC continues to use friend, maybe I should try to delete the save folder? Because I copied it from the old version. But I don't think it changes anything, because I restart the game from scratch every time, to see if the introduction is finally different.

Edit #1
Just to be clear, because I don't know if it's my problem after all

This is exactly what it said in the old versions, still does not give the idea that the protagonist, could be the brother or the uncle of the boys. Or Steve's son or Steve's brother.

So are you sure, that in you version, the intro is different, if you change the relationship?
Thank you

Last edited:

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
I don't know what to say, I downloaded version 0.9.10. And the MC continues to use friend, maybe I should try to delete the save folder? Because I copied it from the old version. But I don't think it changes anything, because I restart the game from scratch every time, to see if the introduction is finally different.

Edit #1

This is exactly what it said in the old versions, still does not give the idea that the protagonist, could be the brother or the uncle of the boys. Or Steve's son or Steve's brother.

So are you sure, that in you version, the intro is different, if you change the relationship?
Thank you

Theres a topic a bit up explaining it, somethimng is happening onyour end that is not recording the permanent names. maybe you put the game on a protected folder or something.

i'm glad you are enjoying and unfortunately i can't do more.try moving the game to a less protected Folder should work to set your persistent data correctly ^^

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024

Edit #1

Thank you
Feel free to poke me on discord if you need more help ^^

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Theres a topic a bit up explaining it, somethimng is happening onyour end that is not recording the permanent names. maybe you put the game on a protected folder or something.

i'm glad you are enjoying and unfortunately i can't do more.try moving the game to a less protected Folder should work to set your persistent data correctly ^^
Hi thank you for answer me, the problem is that i do not have a protection. As far as I know, I have no protections. I save all games of this type on an external HD. Which I have just for these games. So far I have never encountered any problems. So unless I did something without realizing it, I don't know where to look. I also tried deleting the save folder where the persistent file is. Perhaps there is another save folder somewhere on the main ssd? So perhaps if i cancel also that folder with the persistent file inside, the game finally work correctly? Just do not know the save folder path.

I would like to use discord, but I've never used it, I generally don't bother, I try to solve everything by myself.
I have to try to find the conversation you mention above, maybe it would help me.

Thank you

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
So first time trying this, does the black haired futa in the first preview image actually have both parts then? Would be top stuff if MC can knock her up properly. I love tall waifus (and the big woman in the first animated image in dev's profile is :PogChamp:)

• Red Heart

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017

Hi sorry to ask, but can you help me.
Perhaps i am doing something wrong. But to be sure i deleted the save folder form the game. And also search for the other save folder on the main ssd, just do not understand why every game save 2 time.
So afther i deleted the save folder with the persistent file.
I start a fresh game. Then i change MC name, I put the relationship like this: Sister/Brother/Brother/Father.
The game ask me if i wanna activated the cheat. I say no because this is me first time play the game.
But the game again, give me that i am Steve Friend...
How i set the variables right? I understand that you say do not touch the persistent, but i had an old persistent file, so i had to remove it.
So can you explain a little better the things?

Thank you

Last edited:

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
So first time trying this, does the black haired futa in the first preview image actually have both parts then? Would be top stuff if MC can knock her up properly. I love tall waifus (and the big woman in the first animated image in dev's profile is :PogChamp:)
Ah no she just have a butthole XD but Astaroth and Isobel have both a cock anda vagina ^^

Snapshot_014.png

• Sad
Reactions: Gojii

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Hi sorry to ask, but can you help me.
Perhaps i am doing something wrong. But to be sure i deleted the save folder form the game. And also search for the other save folder on the main ssd, just do not understand why every game save 2 time.
So afther i deleted the save folder with the persistent file.
I start a fresh game. Then i change MC name, I put the relationship like this: Sister/Brother/Brother/Father.
The game ask me if i wanna activated the cheat. I say no because this is me first time play the game.
But the game again, give me that i am Steve Friend...
How i set the variables right? I understand that you say do not touch the persistent, but i had an old persistent file, so i had to remove it.
So can you explain a little better the things?

Thank you
I could try giving you my own save file the one i use to test the game. maybe you can use the persistency from it.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
I could try giving you my own save file the one i use to test the game. maybe you can use the persistency from it.
Yes, It would be really helpful, if so you could put it on page 1 so that in case, it could be helpful to others too. I can try to insert the persistent in all the save folders XD
Let's see if that changes anything, at least I'll try. One way or another it will be solved or at least we will try XD
If i use you persistent, can i change the mc name after?

Thank you

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes