FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
yeah personally i avoid VN's that are like that. but either way people will complain i guess. so its prob best just to go with whatever your patreon supporters prefer. i also think people see the word sandbox and think the worst and that the game will automatically become grindy. you can easily make it just like a typical VN but with a few extra buttons to press that allow you to speak to who you want to and immersively repeat scenes.
Just NO.

Simply. NO.

Peace :(

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
hope game stays VN, sandbox will be complete deal breaker for me, no matter how it implemented - it always garbage
the only thing this game needs is not mutually exclusive paths, it's harem for fuck sake - let me get all girls/scenes one after another, getting tired editing script files each update to glue exclusive paths together
You aren't the first complaining about it, i will revisit this idea.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
I can't believe I have to explain the concept of a VN, but, here we are.

That is NOT what a VN is about. The VN concept is about a STORY, where all the characters exist. Like a Book. Yes, there can be paths and routes, and favorites and everything, but all that MUST exist within a cohesive STORY. Not in a sequence of stories.

If the waiting for that specific girl is bad for you, you are obviously in the wrong game, or, the VN isn't really interesting. Because in a VN, the whole story is meant to be relevant, not only some parts. That's for Sandbox. And NO, a sandbox is NEVER about a Story, is always about breaking the story in pieces, like ripping chapters of a book.

So, when it comes for a good story, a VN model is unbeatable, and when it comes to breaking the story into unrecognizable pieces that don't share anything at all with each other, sandbox is the thing. What you are trying to get, is a sandbox experience in a VN, and that, will never be good.

Abandoning the story to dedicate to single paths, because they are after all easier to write in the time constraints this Dev imposed to himself, is a really bad idea, it kills a good story, in order to have a lot of small stories with no interest whatsoever. Because what made this worth reading, was the navigation between the characters, the interactions and so on. Now, after this, there's nothing but endless sex scenes with this or that one, and then choosing another one, and so on. It completely destroys the story.

It is indeed a sad thing.

Peace :(
Bro, are you also in this thread? :coffee: :ROFLMAO:

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Gothgirlgames some of the sounds in the game aren't connected to the audio sliders in the menu. The ambience in the gym is loud as all hell.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
btw dev, why the hell you redefining MC name every single dialogue choice? is it some sort of crutch for something? cuz it's kinda not nice, especially if one wants to use name color override for MC

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Dev
Add the Scat tag!!! Most people don't want to see Scat so, please add the Scat tag. The scene was avoidable but, still please add the tag

Oct 10, 2021
Sorry about that, i took this decision, because my goal is to include 28 different girls, and with a pure VN model would take too much to get the content from the one you want more, the sandbox mode fix this problem i can segment the story, and you click and choose in what order will happen.
I respect your decision for the switching, I really like your game. :)

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Well... It was interesting when it was vn... Now dev wants to turn it into sandbox... Didn't know that from the beginning... I don't play sandbox... So i have to abandon this I guess

Reactions: Vrijgeest

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Dev
Add the Scat tag!!! Most people don't want to see Scat so, please add the Scat tag. The scene was avoidable but, still please add the tag
not sure if barely a dialogue mention is enough to get a tag, there are no visible scat anywhere in the game
we already have problem when games get tagged with content they don't have due to one or two random renders, misleading people in the process, taking dialogue fluff into the account will result in a complete mess

Reactions: Gothgirlgames

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
´Sandbox´ is always the first on my tag list to exclude. I hate them with a vengeance as they have nothing to do with story telling which is an art in its own right. This story as the seeds of a fascinating story but as a sandbox will exclude it for me and many others.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Making pstr striking and grappling 4 before the training,
The skills from reaching 5 stack on top of each other
Technicality only 4 training sessions
so at most only 1 skill can be naturally learned
So I get it's a before intended issue
Soon there will be more training sessions, you will be able to learn everything.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
btw dev, why the hell you redefining MC name every single dialogue choice? is it some sort of crutch for something? cuz it's kinda not nice, especially if one wants to use name color override for MC
It's because of the replay scenes, start a new game instead of using a old save and it will not happen anymore.

When the replay was added it broke the older version saves.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
´Sandbox´ is always the first on my tag list to exclude. I hate them with a vengeance as they have nothing to do with story telling which is an art in its own right. This story as the seeds of a fascinating story but as a sandbox will exclude it for me and many others.
I will wait till the pool is finished on my Patreon to decide it.

4.20 star(s) 23 Votes