Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
ikr people trying to beat their weenies, this is not clicking simulator i hate sandbox games
Sorry about that, i took this decision, because my goal is to include 28 different girls, and with a pure VN model would take too much to get the content from the one you want more, the sandbox mode fix this problem i can segment the story, and you click and choose in what order will happen.

• Sad
Reactions: Vulgarnost

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Ok. Thanks for the game.

But, by moving to sandbox, is also goodbye.

It was too good to be true. You have your reasons, I understand. But, Sandbox is not for me.

So, again, Thanks, it was a good story.

Peace :(
When it's implemented give a look, i promise there will be no grinding, just a segmented story, that you will have the decision to choose the order will happen.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Love the game, but really needs a name change option to fix the bug that changes whatever name you've chosen to 'main character.'
Start a new game instead of using a save from a old version it will fix the problem, i will add a button to change the character name later. But it's a save game issue.

• Sad
Reactions: Abagofbabies

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
When it's implemented give a look, i promise there will be no grinding, just a segmented story, that you will have the decision to choose the order will happen.
You see, that's EXACTLY why I don't like them. The grinding is annoying and is enough to drive me nuts, but, it is the destruction of the story by segmentation that really destroys everything for me.

I can see that you have given up on keeping the story going with so many characters, you want to focus on a 1v1 story, forgetting the whole world you created and everything else. As I said, I understand. I simply don't like it and it is a sad moment when I see you giving up the story.

Another Dev did the same recently, on Milfylicious. He gave up. So did I. Now you. Well. I wasn't here for the sex scenes, I was here for the story, the whole story, not small fragments. I know that they are easier to write., they simply don't provide any type of satisfaction, instead they leave a bad taste of defeat in our mouth.

Also, no, I will NOT give it a try. I'll play this update, maybe, and then chalk this as GONE. Because for all intents and purposes, it is.

It was a good story. Even if the graphics could be improved, the story kept me interested. Good luck, is all I can say. To me, it is a sad moment, I hope it is a happy one for you.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
You see, that's EXACTLY why I don't like them. The grinding is annoying and is enough to drive me nuts, but, it is the destruction of the story by segmentation that really destroys everything for me.

I can see that you have given up on keeping the story going with so many characters, you want to focus on a 1v1 story, forgetting the whole world you created and everything else. As I said, I understand. I simply don't like it and it is a sad moment when I see you giving up the story.

Another Dev did the same recently, on Milfylicious. He gave up. So did I. Now you. Well. I wasn't here for the sex scenes, I was here for the story, the whole story, not small fragments. I know that they are easier to write., they simply don't provide any type of satisfaction, instead they leave a bad taste of defeat in our mouth.

Also, no, I will NOT give it a try. I'll play this update, maybe, and then chalk this as GONE. Because for all intents and purposes, it is.

It was a good story. Even if the graphics could be improved, the story kept me interested. Good luck, is all I can say. To me, it is a sad moment, I hope it is a happy one for you.

I understand sorry about that, i will create a pool for my backers just in case, after all it's the fairest way to proceed, but thanks a lot for the inputs you raised some real issues that a sandbox mode could bring.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
One of the negatives about sandbox games is aimlessly going around to places hoping to run into people and scenes

Solutions are
a character bios with each characters page saying what to do to get their next scene
their current location
as well as a main map
and a location map for areas with multiple rooms or areas i
instead of having to click on doors hallways and navigation arrows
My ideas was making it way more simple than that, really.

Like a menu and then "Look for x character."

So it will trhow you on the place where she/he is.

But at my Patreon page looks like VN is winning, chances it will keep as vn is big.

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
My ideas was making it way more simple than that, really.

Like a menu and then "Look for x character."

So it will trhow you on the place where she/he is.

But at my Patreon page looks like VN is winning, chances it will keep as vn is big.
Simplified
a continue story option that flows along a vn path with an option to visit characters for non story based sexual acts

With that when the story is waiting for next update the player could still visit and have fun

Without tap to explore mechanics it's really not a sandbox

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gothgirlgames

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
Simplified
a continue story option that flows along a vn path with an option to visit characters for non story based sexual acts

With that when the story is waiting for next update the player could still visit and have fun

Without tap to explore mechanics it's really not a sandbox
That's a pretty good idea.

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
i honestly dont know how people can enjoy VN's that have dozens of girls. i feel like a game with options of who to talk to is just obviously the better choice. bc you run into one girl you really like then have to go through an hour or two of stuff with other characters before being able to interact with them again. just honestly makes no sense to prefer a pure VN when the dev plans to add so many characters. to keep the story flowing coherently just make it so you cant progress too far with certain girls until a certain milestone is hit in the story or with another character.

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
i honestly dont know how people can enjoy VN's that have dozens of girls. i feel like a game with options of who to talk to is just obviously the better choice. bc you run into one girl you really like then have to go through an hour or two of stuff with other characters before being able to interact with them again. just honestly makes no sense to prefer a pure VN when the dev plans to add so many characters. to keep the story flowing coherently just make it so you cant progress too far with certain girls until a certain milestone is hit in the story or with another character.
That's was exactly my concerns.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
hope game stays VN, sandbox will be complete deal breaker for me, no matter how it implemented - it always garbage
the only thing this game needs is not mutually exclusive paths, it's harem for fuck sake - let me get all girls/scenes one after another, getting tired editing script files each update to glue exclusive paths together

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
That's was exactly my concerns.
yeah personally i avoid VN's that are like that. but either way people will complain i guess. so its prob best just to go with whatever your patreon supporters prefer. i also think people see the word sandbox and think the worst and that the game will automatically become grindy. you can easily make it just like a typical VN but with a few extra buttons to press that allow you to speak to who you want to and immersively repeat scenes.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I can't believe I have to explain the concept of a VN, but, here we are.

That is NOT what a VN is about. The VN concept is about a STORY, where all the characters exist. Like a Book. Yes, there can be paths and routes, and favorites and everything, but all that MUST exist within a cohesive STORY. Not in a sequence of stories.

If the waiting for that specific girl is bad for you, you are obviously in the wrong game, or, the VN isn't really interesting. Because in a VN, the whole story is meant to be relevant, not only some parts. That's for Sandbox. And NO, a sandbox is NEVER about a Story, is always about breaking the story in pieces, like ripping chapters of a book.

So, when it comes for a good story, a VN model is unbeatable, and when it comes to breaking the story into unrecognizable pieces that don't share anything at all with each other, sandbox is the thing. What you are trying to get, is a sandbox experience in a VN, and that, will never be good.

Abandoning the story to dedicate to single paths, because they are after all easier to write in the time constraints this Dev imposed to himself, is a really bad idea, it kills a good story, in order to have a lot of small stories with no interest whatsoever. Because what made this worth reading, was the navigation between the characters, the interactions and so on. Now, after this, there's nothing but endless sex scenes with this or that one, and then choosing another one, and so on. It completely destroys the story.

It is indeed a sad thing.

Reactions: MAGO-DAG
4.20 star(s) 23 Votes