Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Ok. So here's the official update thingie. Over the past couple weeks...shit has sucked...I've been drawn into the restaurant to help every day...which caused me a lot of physical pain. Last week, I was recovering, and barely had the brainpower to actually write anything. Today, however I've got almost all of the main story for Family Way Rechimped written (The new intro and finishing Week 1). I just have to make the additional content changes. Then I can start rendering. I have a lot of story written, and it will take a while to render everything with this turd, but I am going to get it done.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Ok. So here's the official update thingie. Over the past couple weeks...shit has sucked...I've been drawn into the restaurant to help every day...which caused me a lot of physical pain. Last week, I was recovering, and barely had the brainpower to actually write anything. Today, however I've got almost all of the main story for Family Way Rechimped written (The new intro and finishing Week 1). I just have to make the additional content changes. Then I can start rendering. I have a lot of story written, and it will take a while to render everything with this turd, but I am going to get it done.
Take care of yourself!

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I'm still here. I swear. I've still not been able to do anything with this turd...Part of the problem seems to be that DAZ doesn't support my 1050 any longer (newer versions of DAZ) and I really don't feel like reinstalling yet again. I have however, decided to finally take the bits and pieces of an outline I've been working on for Family Way, and finally TRULY worked out what will happen over the course of the story. I will detail everything out and get the story written/coded properly, but I still can't get any renders done. I will see what I can do about that. Nephew is supposed to give me his 1080, but I can only hope that will solve some of the problems.

For the record...when I am able to actually release something, I will start a new thread here. It will initially be dubbed "Family Way: RECHIMPED!" However after the first publish, I will go back to just Family Way under the new Chimpanor Productions moniker and not my name. At which point I will request that the mods here lock this thread.

Also I have been at the restaurant a LOT more lately...starting with the fact that my oldest son decided to be a traitor and went to work for Walmart. Then at the end of March...a tornado took out my in-law's home, and the outpouring of love from the community resulted in a MASSIVELY increased number of patrons at the restaurant. We nearly tripled the daily sales due to that. We were swamped from open to close...and I tell you what...I HURT! A LOT. Hahah

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you want to fall back to a previous version of Daz Studio:

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-studio-repository-daz-older-versions.109219/

I recently upgraded to 4.16 to support my new RTX 3060 card. It still seems to support my GTX 1080s, not sure how your 1050 wouuld fit in there, but definitely grab that 1080 from your nephew if you can. 8 GB of VRAM will make you much happier.

I couldn't get DIM to see my 4.16 install, so what I did was drag the files in manually, except for the two files that seemed to relate to registration. I was surprised that this actually worked. PM me about this if you are feeling brave.

In any case, you could fall back to 4.12.086 for now. That's the version I was using for a long time. 4.16 might still support your 1050, it's in the 10 series family supposedly. The other reason to upgrade would be to support some of the newer features, but I'm avoiding 4.20 at the moment due to reported script incompatibility issues and such.

Hope this helps!

Not sure if anyone around here would be willing to chip in for a new(er) rig for you, that might still care about this game, but it's a thought.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I couldn't get DIM to see my 4.16 install, so what I did was drag the files in manually, except for the two files that seemed to relate to registration. I was surprised that this actually worked. PM me about this if you are feeling brave.
I gave up on using the manager. I manually install everything and then run the CMS content search thing to register new items. About the only way I can get things installed. Not sure why, but it works.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. So I finally got that 1080 from the nephew. Well...in reality he just gave me his whole computer. So, I tried to put the superduper PSU that I had gotten my hands on a while ago in my computer and then put the 1080 in there. wouldn't boot. Spent a couple hours troubleshooting it...but found NOTHING. I put it back in the nephew's computer and ripped out his tiny drives. Then put my drives in. Kept getting boot errors...finally I just put ONLY my 1tb SSD in. Boots up. Loads into windows even. Not even a complaint about the product key. heh.

Now I just need to get the rest of my HDDs in this thing. By the way, I hate his case. :( hehe

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, that's progress at least! If the GTX 1080Ti is working, you'll have plenty of room for scenes!

Once you get your drive situation worked out that is. If all else fails, grab an external drive USB enclosure if you can't find room for a drive in your case.

Of course, the next bit of fun will be re-installing your Daz content once you get things up and running. I'm running Daz 4.16 currently, there's a thread somewhere on this forum that has older versions of Daz uploaded if you feel the need to avoid 4.20...

Still, good news! Best of luck! Keep us posted!
;)

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Well, that's progress at least! If the GTX 1080Ti is working, you'll have plenty of room for scenes!

Once you get your drive situation worked out that is. If all else fails, grab an external drive USB enclosure if you can't find room for a drive in your case.

Of course, the next bit of fun will be re-installing your Daz content once you get things up and running. I'm running Daz 4.16 currently, there's a thread somewhere on this forum that has older versions of Daz uploaded if you feel the need to avoid 4.20...

Still, good news! Best of luck! Keep us posted!
;)
I have a 4 slot USB Docking Station. Found out the way this damn case is laid out, I can only put 2 of my drives internal. I had to put the rest in the station. I had to finagle DAZ so it would recognize the drive letter change (I could have used Disk Management to reorder, but for some reason it wouldn't load up *shrug*)

Daz content was perfectly safe, and should be good to...but going to run some experiments and tests to make sure before I call it really good.

Feb 12, 2021
I have a 4 slot USB Docking Station. Found out the way this damn case is laid out, I can only put 2 of my drives internal. I had to put the rest in the station. I had to finagle DAZ so it would recognize the drive letter change (I could have used Disk Management to reorder, but for some reason it wouldn't load up *shrug*)

Daz content was perfectly safe, and should be good to...but going to run some experiments and tests to make sure before I call it really good.
well smack my ass n call me papi...HE'S BACK!! :D:p;)(y)

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. I have been doing stuff, I swear. It's just been taking longer than I had intended (Been dragged into the restaurant more and more lately...ugh) Anyway...I have been toying around with the idea of changing the model of Sue somewhat. Mostly for future proofing. Her base model is Teen Josie 7. There's a Teen Josie 7 for Teen Josie 8...and I am considering changing over to that model. I wouldn't mind a little input from people who still pay attention to this thread. I did a quick build for a general reference...and I think honestly the Teen Josie 8 version might be a bit....anorexic...but I think I can adjust that. I wish I knew how to convert things to Genesis 8 models, because Jack is a Michael 7 base, and Cait is Tween Julie 7 base. :/

Josie 7 and 7 for 8 - label.png

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
OK. I have been doing stuff, I swear. It's just been taking longer than I had intended (Been dragged into the restaurant more and more lately...ugh) Anyway...I have been toying around with the idea of changing the model of Sue somewhat. Mostly for future proofing. Her base model is Teen Josie 7. There's a Teen Josie 7 for Teen Josie 8...and I am considering changing over to that model. I wouldn't mind a little input from people who still pay attention to this thread. I did a quick build for a general reference...and I think honestly the Teen Josie 8 version might be a bit....anorexic...but I think I can adjust that. I wish I knew how to convert things to Genesis 8 models, because Jack is a Michael 7 base, and Cait is Tween Julie 7 base. :/

View attachment 1844998
Right one.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017

View attachment 1844998
Honestly I think the TJ8 is fine :)

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Kind of an update here.

I've retooled Cait a bit, as I discovered that she was totally forked up due to the whole system taking a shit thing from before. For some reason DAZ decided to hit Cait with a 2x4 and then screwed her face up. I still have a couple strange errors I can't track down, but she loads without issue. Something about duplicate forms or something. I dunno.

However I have gotten her to a point I am satisfied with. This was a quick test that I stopped after a minute and a half. Not excited about the lighting, but it is sufficient for a test. :D This was how Cait was always SUPPOSED to look...but something screwed it up in DAZ before. :/

Cait Test 1.png

Feb 12, 2021
Kind of an update here.

I've retooled Cait a bit, as I discovered that she was totally forked up due to the whole system taking a shit thing from before. For some reason DAZ decided to hit Cait with a 2x4 and then screwed her face up. I still have a couple strange errors I can't track down, but she loads without issue. Something about duplicate forms or something. I dunno.

However I have gotten her to a point I am satisfied with. This was a quick test that I stopped after a minute and a half. Not excited about the lighting, but it is sufficient for a test. :D This was how Cait was always SUPPOSED to look...but something screwed it up in DAZ before. :/

View attachment 1848587
holy fuckin' shit dude!! :love::love::love: i don't understand all the technical mumbo jumbo, but i see what you're saying...world of diff from b4 to now...OMGAWD!! helluva job bro, now i'm even more excited about this coming back to life; n u know how much i was looking forward to it b4 :cool:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I got a new render of Jack Sue and Cait together. This marks 3 characters retooled and an undisclosed number left. :D Other than Geri and Tiff...I am not saying who or how many others will appear. :D

And yes. For the record...Sue wears colored contacts...her natural color is about the same as her brother and sister.

JSC - Beach.png

Dan123

Jul 1, 2017

View attachment 1844998
I totally agree with you about the whole anorexic look. I prefer TJ7 (left) but only cause of the curves. Don't get me wrong, I'm a small boob lover! But if you can adjust the girl on the right so she doesn't look like a total plank that would be ideal in my book. But that's just my opinion, I'm just happy having you back doing something you love and something we can enjoy (fap over)!

Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I totally agree with you about the whole anorexic look. I prefer TJ7 (left) but only cause of the curves. Don't get me wrong, I'm a small boob lover! But if you can adjust the girl on the right so she doesn't look like a total plank that would be ideal in my book. But that's just my opinion, I'm just happy having you back doing something you love and something we can enjoy (fap over)!
I say add 25-ish% Voluptuous to add a bit of curves, and maybe a similar amount of Hourglass...

Edit: Here's how TJ7 for 8 looks with 25% Voluptuous and -25% Rectangular/Hourglass Body Shape:

TJ7for8_Curves.jpg

Last edited:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
fw_intro_3.png

Look. I know I've been a bad monkey (and not the fun kind) I've been horrible with keeping people updated. I've been in a really bad way physically, and with my computer issues...it was nigh impossible to get any work done. Then add on the fact that I've had to help out more at the family restaurant...it's...been...well...Yeah. Enough with the excuses. On with the update.

I was able to acquire a computer with a better setup than I had. In fact this one is such an improvement I was shocked at the first few renders I tried. This image (while admittedly on the bright side) took all of like 5 minutes to fully render. ON the old computer...it would have taken 5 HOURS...if it didn't crash that is.

So now I have a suitable computer, and now that I have the story up to a point where I can be comfortable letting people see it...I can start working. I've got the base outline for the entire story, and a good chunk worked out. I am working on the actual coding/script right now. I can't judge how long, because I still have RL responsibilities, like being dragged into the restaurant seemingly at my wife's whim...heh. Upside is that even with all the RL stuff...I can still get a good number of renders done. Mostly the time expended will be setting up scenes and straightening out the script.

Once I am ready to release the game into the wild, I will start a new thread and request THIS one be closed.

(Derp. Forgot the image...haha)

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes