Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

deathspawn246

Aug 4, 2017
I cant imagine how much of a pain in the ass it is to do all of that just to get re-situated. I am looking forward to when you get everything back up and running properly again and start rebuilding your story. I really enjoyed the parts with <redacted> and the story with her and everyone else. Had a few good laughs in there as well. Hopefully we can get some more scenes like that again when everything is going again.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. Making progress. Short of 4 Genesis 2 based characters and 8 HD Add-Ons...I have all my character assets recovered.

Not overly worried about those assets tho. I hardly use Gen2 and those missing add-ons anyway.

Next up...Clothing/Accessories and environments. Wee!

I am making lists of the ones I haven't been able to replace tho. In case I ever want to actually hunt for them further.

I mainly use Genesis 3 and 8 based character models anyway.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. Still going at it. Recovered quite a bit. Going by Smart Content, since that's where it is telling me (the image I posted a few days ago) What I am missing.

So under Products/Smart Content...

I have got as many back under Accessories, Anatomy, Cameras, and Figures. About to start working on Environments, hair and clothing.

Still have a few assets loading with an error. I need to figure that one out eventually. Still loads the figure and I can use it seemingly with no issues tho.

1599860169154.png

Not high on my priority list for now. Assets must be recovered before that. :/

Reactions: Bobber Tail

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Ok. I have pretty much everything. I tested a render...and I plan on finally getting the hang of animations...

I will compile a list of assets I couldn't find...but it seems like there arent many...and most of them are Gen2 assets anyway.

Production SHALL resume in a couple days at most i think.

Probably gonna start making sure I can properly continue where I left off tomorrow.

Finally figured out how to handle anims...but I need to see how long it takes to make one. Doing a simple dance anim with a single model on a simple background.

If this takes too long, I might have to figure out if I really want anims or if I can get someone to help. :/

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Ok. I have pretty much everything. I tested a render...and I plan on finally getting the hang of animations...

I will compile a list of assets I couldn't find...but it seems like there arent many...and most of them are Gen2 assets anyway.

Probably gonna start making sure I can properly continue where I left off tomorrow.

Finally figured out how to handle anims...but I need to see how long it takes to make one. Doing a simple dance anim with a single model on a simple background.

If this takes too long, I might have to figure out if I really want anims or if I can get someone to help. :/
Any update or tease renders?

MG_

May 14, 2020
I've compressed the game into an archive for myself, so the original size is 1.11gb+patch 200mb = 1.3gb;
And compressed size is 170mb! - I'll upload it only on demand

And just some fav screenshots from my own
FamilyWay0004.jpg
FamilyWay0005.jpg
FamilyWay0012.jpg

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Gocha1

You could only upload a link to your compressed version in your post using a file host that is allowed that would then be added to the OP if the patch is removed. You could however upload the compressed patch to lewdpatcher instead.

Last edited:

Dan123

Jul 1, 2017
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to somehow get a hold of it. Patched version or unpatched with some way of downloading the patch.
Have I mentioned how excited I have been to hear you are doing well and back on track despite ALL the set backs!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to somehow get a hold of it. Patched version or unpatched with some way of downloading the patch.
Have I mentioned how excited I have been to hear you are doing well and back on track despite ALL the set backs!
Have you checked out yet it has some good info on the game and how it is going.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ronan333 and Dan123

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
They have posted a few times in some of the other threads since then the latest was Tuesday.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017

The crickets are sleeping.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
The crickets are sleeping.
Corrected to read: Even the crickets are sleeping. ;)

Have no idea if this will ever be worked on even though dev says he is its been way to long for an update.
I think this should be marked abandoned instead of "On hold".

I wont hold my breath for this one.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Corrected to read: Even the crickets are sleeping. ;)

Have no idea if this will ever be worked on even though dev says he is its been way to long for an update.
I think this should be marked abandoned instead of "On hold".

I wont hold my breath for this one.
He says he lost assets, but months ago was on track to remake entire game, maybe covid?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
He says he lost assets, but months ago was on track to remake entire game, maybe covid?
It's not unusual for Sural Argonus to disappear from here for months at a time. He was last active at the end of December.

So knock on wood/hoping for the best...

Cansuuur

Dec 21, 2016
I don't wanna rat on him, but Sural is very active on other sites. Can't say the name of the site, but yeah. So f95 just isn't his go-to site busy doing other stuff elsewhere. Not trying to rat the monkey man out but yeah.
And by "very busy" I just mean interacts with the other site, not commenting or posting.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
It isn't technically "Abandoned" however due to medical reasons, I haven't been able to concentrate on this. So it's fine.

Family Way will return. I kinda let the story go off the rails...and I am scrapping it. Going to start totally fresh. The core 3 characters, Jack, Sue and Cait will remain...but the majority of the story and renders will be totally redone.

I don't wanna rat on him, but Sural is very active on other sites. Can't say the name of the site, but yeah. So f95 just isn't his go-to site busy doing other stuff elsewhere. Not trying to rat the monkey man out but yeah.
And by "very busy" I just mean interacts with the other site, not commenting or posting.
I wouldn't say I am active on many other sites...but if you are referring to the one I THINK you are referring to...Family Way doesn't have to be edited over there. :D

Come to think of it...I really haven't been active that much except for mindlessly playing games that don't require a lot of thought. So not sure who you are stalking, Cansuuur... :p

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
He lives!

:D

Good to see you poking your head in around here again! Best of luck with the reboot!

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes