2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Where have you gone, Mr. Monkeyman?!?
The Monkey - With Mask - Small.png

OK. So yeah. I've been pretty messed up medically for the past couple months. I've got a laundry list...including neuropathy, constant migraines, some sort of stomach thing, which my Doc hasn't taken seriously (On VA Benefits...so kinda stuck...Veteran's Admin here in the US just sucks) and now I think I've developed an ulcer. I haven't really been able to focus long enough to do a whole lot. The worst part is that my DAZ install is STILL borked, and still trying to recover/replace a lot of assets. It seems like a LOT of the ones I was using and planned on using for FW just aren't functional. It's taking a lot of time and money that I have in short supply (I got most of my assets via ZoneGFX, if I am to be totally honest. Only some of them were purchased via DAZ...

Well...I am still not giving up, nor am I abandoning Family Way. NOT now, not ever. I still have a lot of story to tell.

So now since I can't work on FW properly just yet (I have the story completed for the next update but stuck on the renders) I am going to be developing other stories I can actually work on for a while until I get the FW assets dealt with. I am most definitely going to be learning finally how to do animations. I keep saying I will...and I have...but not been successful in creating any.

Right now, I have an unnamed story set a about 150 years in the future, but not overly "Sci-Fi". It's mostly gonna be about the relationship between a father and daughter, coming to terms with his missing memory that only centers around his former career as a soldier. He was only just reunited with his daughter (No *I* word or anything else against Patreon's rules....*looks around* There will be a patch for F95, I promise) he never really got to know, and has to deal with secrets and lies from the Government he served. Twists and turns abound, his past will be revealed, eventually.

More details to come as I work them out. Stay safe everyone, and don't believe everything the media throws at you. We will get through this annoying pandemic crap. I just know it. I have faith stupidity will subside and we will recover.

-Sural

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Where have you gone, Mr. Monkeyman?!?
View attachment 616834

OK. So yeah. I've been pretty messed up medically for the past couple months. I've got a laundry list...including neuropathy, constant migraines, some sort of stomach thing, which my Doc hasn't taken seriously (On VA Benefits...so kinda stuck...Veteran's Admin here in the US just sucks) and now I think I've developed an ulcer. I haven't really been able to focus long enough to do a whole lot. The worst part is that my DAZ install is STILL borked, and still trying to recover/replace a lot of assets. It seems like a LOT of the ones I was using and planned on using for FW just aren't functional. It's taking a lot of time and money that I have in short supply (I got most of my assets via ZoneGFX, if I am to be totally honest. Only some of them were purchased via DAZ...

Well...I am still not giving up, nor am I abandoning Family Way. NOT now, not ever. I still have a lot of story to tell.

So now since I can't work on FW properly just yet (I have the story completed for the next update but stuck on the renders) I am going to be developing other stories I can actually work on for a while until I get the FW assets dealt with. I am most definitely going to be learning finally how to do animations. I keep saying I will...and I have...but not been successful in creating any.

Right now, I have an unnamed story set a about 150 years in the future, but not overly "Sci-Fi". It's mostly gonna be about the relationship between a father and daughter, coming to terms with his missing memory that only centers around his former career as a soldier. He was only just reunited with his daughter (No *I* word or anything else against Patreon's rules....*looks around* There will be a patch for F95, I promise) he never really got to know, and has to deal with secrets and lies from the Government he served. Twists and turns abound, his past will be revealed, eventually.

More details to come as I work them out. Stay safe everyone, and don't believe everything the media throws at you. We will get through this annoying pandemic crap. I just know it. I have faith stupidity will subside and we will recover.

-Sural
I had a lot of that with a combination of Scoliosis and a Pituitary Endocrine Tumor. Working on a new tumor, still small so no bad effects, yet.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Just to prove I am still working...I created a short demo to learn how to make a pop up menu.

Once I get sorted with Week 4's renders...Week 5 will be changing a WHOLE lot. I am going to be adding affection stats for some characters. (Sue will start out maxed of course) and if you have the patch in, so will Cait.

I am trying to get things back in motion here. I promise. This is just the early version of the menu. Ultimately I'd like to put it on a phone image using hotspots...but still trying to get that learned.

. I have absolutely no way to test it. So if someone could do that for me?

I need to install RAPT or something to get Android.

Also note...that I did not do COMPLETE renders with this. I just rendered long enough to get it looking ok. I *KNOW* they aren't done. I was just trying to get them quickly.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Also note that I refer to the "Stats" button as a phone. I forgot to change that. I had that working as a button on the upper right initially. But changed it since I haven't yet figured out how to display it on the larger phone that I have intended for the stats window.

I just corrected all that and updated the files on my Mega.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Just to prove I am still working...I created a short demo to learn how to make a pop up menu.

Once I get sorted with Week 4's renders...Week 5 will be changing a WHOLE lot. I am going to be adding affection stats for some characters. (Sue will start out maxed of course) and if you have the patch in, so will Cait.

I am trying to get things back in motion here. I promise. This is just the early version of the menu. Ultimately I'd like to put it on a phone image using hotspots...but still trying to get that learned.

Here is the PC version.

Here is the MAC version. I have absolutely no way to test it. So if someone could do that for me?

I need to install RAPT or something to get Android.

Also note...that I did not do COMPLETE renders with this. I just rendered long enough to get it looking ok. I *KNOW* they aren't done. I was just trying to get them quickly.
Can you find a RenPy game that has what you want and either ask the Dev how, or borrow the code via UnRen?

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I had that working originally. I had a little image that I could click on. BUT...I am still trying to understand how to put hotspots on this image.
View attachment Tab_lg.webp

Want to make hotspots for contacts to show character stats. Ultimately I want to have a lot of them as working hotspots.

Had a few ideas. Like utilizing the Gallery, Email, Firefox, text message and a few others. Kinda wanted to have Settings go to the Preferences page, and Data Usage going to the save/load pages.

When the hotspot is clicked for most of them I want to have the window change to the appropriate page that appears on top. Then you click the Home button to close it. The Firefox icon I want to bring up probably my website.

I know WHAT I want to do. I just gotta learn how to do it all and implement it.

Shitty part is trying to code with a migraine...Ugh...Coding is bad enough...but the damn migraines...

Also I was screwing around with the test and added some more stuff. I'd still like to know how these work on Mac since I don't have access to one.

And yes...The renders are still half-assed because I was just putting something in just for use.

Last edited:

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I had that working originally. I had a little image that I could click on. BUT...I am still trying to understand how to put hotspots on this image.
View attachment 621627

Want to make hotspots for contacts to show character stats. Ultimately I want to have a lot of them as working hotspots.

Had a few ideas. Like utilizing the Gallery, Email, Firefox, text message and a few others. Kinda wanted to have Settings go to the Preferences page, and Data Usage going to the save/load pages.

When the hotspot is clicked for most of them I want to have the window change to the appropriate page that appears on top. Then you click the Home button to close it. The Firefox icon I want to bring up probably my website.

I know WHAT I want to do. I just gotta learn how to do it all and implement it.

Shitty part is trying to code with a migraine...Ugh...Coding is bad enough...but the damn migraines...

Also I was screwing around with the test and added some more stuff. I'd still like to know how these work on Mac since I don't have access to one.

PC
MAC

And yes...The renders are still half-assed because I was just putting something in just for use.
She looked damned cute. Maybe fade the hair out a little, down there. It isn't naturally even.
Once again, all that is done in hundreds of games. Many of those Dev's are on here and some will help you with coding, as they went through the same thing. Sorry, not a coder.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
She looked damned cute. Maybe fade the hair out a little, down there. It isn't naturally even.
Once again, all that is done in hundreds of games. Many of those Dev's are on here and some will help you with coding, as they went through the same thing. Sorry, not a coder.
I've known Cait has needed to be groomed a bit down there. hehe

It is just not high on the priority list to be honest.

Also not sure why...but if I load certain characters after Cait in DAZ...it screws up her face a bit. I have still not figured that out.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Sural Argonus

If I'm not mistaken I think they use overlays. You have a picture of a phone then you have overlays of the buttons and when you mouse over a button the on the phone the button highlights and becomes clickable.

Reactions: Bobber Tail

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Sural Argonus

If I'm not mistaken I think they use overlays. You have a picture of a phone then you have overlays of the buttons and when you mouse over a button the on the phone the button highlights and becomes clickable.
I got the first part down, but I need to figure out how to actually write the code to show each page, or in the case of the FireFox icon, open a web browser window to my page.

Brain hurt bad. Fucking Migraines. I can't concentrate on coding anymore tonight.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Glad you are still with us, was worried about that stupid 'rona. Being indoors has given me lots of time for games LOL
but take your time as I would like to see Cait and her friends as intended not a rush job :)
Rushing this one...I think would ruin the characters. I mean I almost really screwed up the story trying to intertwine several storylines into one...but I think I fixed that. Just need to get the renders done...if I can get the assets sorted and fixed.

SusaSwarm

Nov 3, 2019
If you need some rendering assistance I can help with couple of idle beefy gpu's. Just send a link for a scene

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Rushing this one...I think would ruin the characters. I mean I almost really screwed up the story trying to intertwine several storylines into one...but I think I fixed that. Just need to get the renders done...if I can get the assets sorted and fixed.
Definitely do your stuff, and please take your time, there are plenty of other games on here to keep us occupied in the meantime. Loved the original idea for the story, so I can't wait to see a polished version

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
1 ano em espera
acho que o jogo foi abandonado :(
If you are saying what I think...no. i haven't abandoned this project.

I haven't had as much free time, due to helping out at the family restaurant during this COVID crap.

Which is making my heath even worse...so trying to balance things.

Still trying to find some of the screwed up assets I need too...still get errors when I try to load up a lot of the stuff I need for Family Way

I am still leaving this on hold...but the next patch is coded...i just need to find time to render.

I am still not charging any patrons...it is set to bill when I publish. Essentially it will not bill until I am ready.

I still have quite a few renders to do...and make sure that I have things coded after removing some content that doesnt need to be there. Stuff that made no sense with the storyline I am trying to make.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
found this when looking into project2. i saw you mention a patch for this game. where can i find that patch?

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes