Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Trying to maintain a comfortable pace. Since I am working with a single computer, I have no choice but to leave my desktop alone. At least I have TV to watch. :D

Right now, I am working on a date scene for Jack and Sue. Hoping this works the way I want. Never found assets for it I was happy with, so using an old Poser one. It isn't the best, but it kinda fits what I wanted to do.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

Ok. So I am still chugging along here. This image is part of a scene I am doing to replace one in Week 2. I am trying to make it a long one, with some humor. I hope it works out. I am trying not to accidentally make things happen out of turn, but this is set on Week 2, Tuesday Afternoon. So I have to be careful not to break continuity here. Wee! Not much more before I get to Week 3...Not sure if there's anything major I have to change there tho. After that is finishing up Week 4 and release. *Crossing my fingers* At this point, as long as I don't have any real world interruptions, I should be good to release soon. The Saturday Party is still going to be a challenge on Week 4...mostly because the computer I use can't handle rendering a large number of people. I may have to only render a few people per image. I tried rendering something a while ago with more than 6 people, and Daz crashed like Ted Kennedy did back in July 1969. (Or for you youngin's out there...Crashed like Paul Walker) Either way, I just wanted to let people know I am absolutely still working here.

(Posted on my Patreon and the Chimpanor site blog)

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

OK. So just wanted to let you all know I am still here. Had some issues with poses, ended up doing them manually. Got past that and trucking along at an ok pace. Just a few more renders to make until this is done. One more quick scene for Week 2...then on to making sure Week 3 is up to par. After that I will finish Week 4 and publish. Some might wonder if I will do animations...well...I was trying. I had a character that will be introduced soon in a crouch and jump animation. However a little over 2 hours into the render...DAZ crashed. Not sure what happened...but I will look at that later. Right now I need to get the more important stuff done. In Week 4, we will have the party that marks the huge change...and at the beginning of Week 5...There will be some new things happening, and a semi-permanent exit of Martin and Kelly. They really have no bearing on the story, I was just using them for filler...but decided I didn't want to do that after all. Now as for week 4, like I said, some things are happening, but I am not going into detail. The result of which, Cait will move in pretty much permanently with Jack and Sue. There will be a "family meeting" prior to the end of Week 4. Also I am still entertaining the idea of having translations done. I still need help figuring out how to make a proper stats screen overlay, but haven't had time to look at that. I want to have a screen pretty much like others have done, with the basic info about certain characters Jack encounters. Name, important stats, and also some relationship towards Jack. I really don't know how to even start that just yet...but it's a project for later. As for now, barring any other hurdles (damn poses), I should have something ready soon. Still not comfortable saying an exact date, because I still have quite a LOT to do...since I will be converting the image files to a smaller format. That's going to take a bit. As for this image I just shared...We seem to have a creeper in our midst. Who is she, and will she show up again? Maybe...Just maybe. :D

Also note that I changed out the movie posters...a few of them are real world ones...the others are just fake movie posters I found online.

Also posted publicly on my blog and at my Patreon.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I am caught back up to Week 4. Gotta code it and render it.

After that is going to be the boring process of converting the .pngs to webp.

Reactions: a1fox3 and DA22

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I am caught back up to Week 4. Gotta code it and render it.

After that is going to be the boring process of converting the .pngs to webp.
Can't wait, this was one of the better stories out there for this type of VN.
(Was not rally a fan of the monkeys though.) :ROFLMAO:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
a1fox3
Hahah. I know, but they aren't getting that kind of attention any longer...regardless what SOME people keep requesting. :p

Coding is now complete. I just have to start the renders.

Reactions: a1fox3

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK peoples! Progress is still being made on returning from near death for this project...I swear!

Posted on my blog and Patreon as well.

Well...FINALLY after some irritations with trying to get this looking right, and finally finding a good replacement for Jack and Sue's apartment...I have completed up to the end of Week 3 Redo. I can now start back on new content.

If anyone's curious, I had a LOT of problems with DAZ stability...it kept cashing on me, and I couldn't get the lighting to look right. I had to do a LOT of manual tweaking to get the apartment to even THIS point. Also discovered during the Apartment Tour redo, that this particular apartment asset has some really odd decals for the walls and ceiling. I did not like the cracked/rundown/full of holes look. So I went thru every module of the Apartment and removed the offending decals for each scene I did. I still have to do it on the rooms I didn't use, but that's fine. I will do it when I actually use those rooms.

I also plan on changing some of the artwork to give it a more personalized look. The props used are quite generic. For instance, some of the pictures will be replaced with family portraits and such, but I will save it for later, and justify the change ingame with Jack and Sue deciding to personalize it and get rid of the boring pictures.

Also Cait's room will get her style changes as well. Not to mention likely at some point, the bear with the Greek flag will be moved to that room...

Week 4 will mark the beginning of the departure from the story for Martin and Kelly (The parents). I will also be looking into a wardrobe change for Jack, Sue and Cait.

Again, I really apologize for the delay, but trying my best to stay healthy has remained my priority. I have been working on this as I have time. Once I am caught up with the content to the end of Week 4, which is already written, I just need to make the renders...I will put myself back on a schedule that I hope won't be too taxing for me. I will deal with that at a later date tho. I will get Week 4 with the changes/updates released as soon as I am able.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
OK peoples! Progress is still being made on returning from near death for this project...I swear!

Posted on my blog and Patreon as well.

View attachment 333474

Well...FINALLY after some irritations with trying to get this looking right, and finally finding a good replacement for Jack and Sue's apartment...I have completed up to the end of Week 3 Redo. I can now start back on new content.

If anyone's curious, I had a LOT of problems with DAZ stability...it kept cashing on me, and I couldn't get the lighting to look right. I had to do a LOT of manual tweaking to get the apartment to even THIS point. Also discovered during the Apartment Tour redo, that this particular apartment asset has some really odd decals for the walls and ceiling. I did not like the cracked/rundown/full of holes look. So I went thru every module of the Apartment and removed the offending decals for each scene I did. I still have to do it on the rooms I didn't use, but that's fine. I will do it when I actually use those rooms.

I also plan on changing some of the artwork to give it a more personalized look. The props used are quite generic. For instance, some of the pictures will be replaced with family portraits and such, but I will save it for later, and justify the change ingame with Jack and Sue deciding to personalize it and get rid of the boring pictures.

Also Cait's room will get her style changes as well. Not to mention likely at some point, the bear with the Greek flag will be moved to that room...

Week 4 will mark the beginning of the departure from the story for Martin and Kelly (The parents). I will also be looking into a wardrobe change for Jack, Sue and Cait.

Again, I really apologize for the delay, but trying my best to stay healthy has remained my priority. I have been working on this as I have time. Once I am caught up with the content to the end of Week 4, which is already written, I just need to make the renders...I will put myself back on a schedule that I hope won't be too taxing for me. I will deal with that at a later date tho. I will get Week 4 with the changes/updates released as soon as I am able.
Yay! Love you, StudMonkey! Stay healthy, that's first... and we'll be patiently waiting anything you're able to do!

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

Still chugging along here. I had a slight mishap with my DAZ install...I fucked it up. Took me several days to sort it out, but once I did, I started fighting with the lighting setup on the first scene of Week 4. I think I got it to the point of being...OK. Still not 100% happy with it, because it's still producing grainy images. I might just be at the limit of my hardware. I've gone thru nearly every setting and tried so many things...Oh well.Either way, still working here. Still not quitting.

This is one of the test images I was working with. It isn't going to be used ingame.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Remember everyone, My StudMonkey has health issues that HAVE to come first, but he is still doing his best to work on this game. So patience is a virtue, and we all need to remain virtuous about this project... (so the characters can be as sinful as they want!)

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
@Ya Damn, Dirty Ape!
Ok, MonkeyFace... nearly 6 weeks, and not a peep outta ya... Don't tell me I'm gonna have to drive down there to your house, kick yer family's asses, and babysit ya while ya work... I'm not that much healthier than you, so that would NOT be a good plan!

Reactions: Syntek

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Look so...I am still trying to work on this. With my health being up and down...I haven't been able to put as much time as I'd like in working on this game.

I am still here...and PLEASE bear with me. I am not giving up.

I have been trying to set up the renders, but I also just recently had an annoying crash/setback on DAZ...It crashed and most of my assets got corrupted. I am still putting that back together. Looks like most of the assets I use for Family Way...are fine...but until I start loading up scenes and models...Not 100% positive.

So far so good, but I am not going to get TOO enthusiastic until I check everything.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Miscellaneous thoughts:

At first i read that as " "...

View attachment 426155

Honestly...That was one little joke I wondered if ANYONE would ever catch. I was originally going to have her named Diane...but figured that would be just WAY too obvious.

A little ditty, about Jack and Susanne... :D

And my Worker Chimps know that the beatings happen every time they miss simple things like that. :D

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes