Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
For the record...in case anyone's curious...I am working on renders...plus also working on an idea for an addition. Something I was screwing around with since I started, but never had the right assets.

During the intro, The Monkey stops his minion from initiating a flashback sequence. The *ONLY* reason I didn't do it was lack of assets.

I am still not putting a flashback there, even tho I could. I am actually saving it for a later scene.

I lost my original script notes for the scene, so I am actually writing it over again.

During the Park Date Scene when Jack and Sue reminisce about younger days. I always wanted to have a quick flashback to go with their conversation. I finally got the mats and sorted out a test render. However DAZ crashed and rebooted my computer. Odd...Not an important scene, but I'd eventually like to get that going.

Edit: Just did a models only render of the kids when they were younger. I need to reinstall the scene I was going to use I guess. hehe

Anyway...Introducing...Jack at 12 Sue at 10 and Cait at 6. *NO SEXUAL CONTENT WITH THEM AT THIS AGE* Well...maybe some adolescent kissy-face...but that's it. hahahah

JSC 10 Years ago.png

Last edited:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

OK, understand, So what is your shedule?
Right now, trying to sort thru DAZ and make sure the assets I need, are not missing/corrupted. It's taking time to figure out what I still need, and relocating those assets. I wanted to get this all done asap...but an actual timeline is hard to figure out. Working as fast as I can, trying to replace assets as I can.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Bahaha! The intro is brilliant, love the monkey-do-do's comedy makes these stories even better. Can't wait till you get back on this

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Right now, trying to sort thru DAZ and make sure the assets I need, are not missing/corrupted. It's taking time to figure out what I still need, and relocating those assets. I wanted to get this all done asap...but an actual timeline is hard to figure out. Working as fast as I can, trying to replace assets as I can.
Always keep an external drive for backing up images and data. Maybe add partitions to keep sectors safe.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Always keep an external drive for backing up images and data. Maybe add partitions to keep sectors safe.
I did have them backed up. I had backups for my backups even. Sadly those are also corrupted. The crash that caused the problem in the first place screwed a lot up. The external HD backup I had...the drive failed on me. I almost lost my shit over that. Now I am slowly trying to find the assets, because most of them were not purchased via DAZ Studios. I bought them from 3rd parties or acquired them by...other means.

Reactions: Bobber Tail

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Well I am glad to see you are still doing OK. And this game might continue (in that order). And young Sue.

I wish you well

Reactions: Freezer14

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
I did have them backed up. I had backups for my backups even. Sadly those are also corrupted. The crash that caused the problem in the first place screwed a lot up.
That truly sucks, and I feel for you. Until you've actually seen it happen you really can't appreciate how frustrating it can be. Wishing you the best of luck.

Reactions: Freezer14

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I am still here...Overwhelmed by the amount of assets I have to replace. Some of them I can't find, but still working on it.

I've been away for a bit as well. I had to travel back to Florida, because my mother just passed away. That hasn't helped me at all...but I am back now, and hardcore digging for the assets I need to replace.

I am making a list of the ones I can't find, and will see if anyone can help me...but that isn't overly important right now. I just need to recover as much as I can...and try not to make my health any worse. The cook at our restaurant quit without notice, so all last week, I was helping there. So much pain...but we got help by the end of the week. That makes things better...for now.

Found some new models, that will work well for FW...and some of the other ideas I have rattling around my brain. Not going to start a new project until I near FW's completion, so don't worry about that.

Also remember that my Patreon charges are still not supposed to be applying, so no fear of me milking. I have it set to bill on updates...I figured that would be better than suspending the Patreon and hope I remember to repeat that every month.

So yes...I am still here, yes, I am trying to get this back into production. No I am not quitting or abandoning this project. I still have a story to tell.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Well...I've been hunting and downloading most of the day...I decided to take a break and do a prototype character that I plan to introduce in FW fairly soon. I am not going to spoil what her role is...and I know this image is grainy...I just didn't bother messing with render settings too much.

I would like to introduce to you a young lady that I haven't actually named yet. Honestly I really like this model, and I plan on tweaking her quite a bit before she makes her debut in Family way. (In case you are wondering, the model is Sari)

New Character Test 1.png

****Edit:
Taking another shot at this render. Gonna try to make it better. We'll see what happens. I like her already nearly as much as my Cait...I hope you guys like her personality when she debuts.

Last edited:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK...I am starting to realize how much of a dumbass I was when I first started using DAZ...

Going thru every asset that is missing parts (also causing rendering crashes, I think) I have discovered why a butt load of my assets weren't working properly. They had pre-requisites that I completely overlooked. Turns out there were *A LOT* of things I missed.

This is giving me a chance to go back and fix that. I had some things I really wanted to use, but never worked, because I was missing things they needed. *eyeroll*

Also gives me a chance to update some assets that have them available.

Still working here. Coming up with new ideas again since I will have access to assets I should have always had access to...hehe

Looking forward to this. :D

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
OK...I am starting to realize how much of a dumbass I was when I first started using DAZ...

Going thru every asset that is missing parts (also causing rendering crashes, I think) I have discovered why a butt load of my assets weren't working properly. They had pre-requisites that I completely overlooked. Turns out there were *A LOT* of things I missed.

This is giving me a chance to go back and fix that. I had some things I really wanted to use, but never worked, because I was missing things they needed. *eyeroll*

Also gives me a chance to update some assets that have them available.

Still working here. Coming up with new ideas again since I will have access to assets I should have always had access to...hehe

Looking forward to this. :D
Just remember them bubblegum nipples on them tiny tits.

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
Definately an improvement between the first and the second bathroom mirror render.
Less grainy and more detailed. The angle also seem better in regards to showcasing her earring.
So yeah overall a great change between the two image renders! (y)

Dan123

Jul 1, 2017
Yay! So glad you are back to it. And by the sounds of it I hope doing better, from one Vet to another.

And yes pls for the itty bitty titties! Can't get enough of them. Have held firm in the faith you will come back. Will likely jump on your patreon on next update. :D

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Yay! So glad you are back to it. And by the sounds of it I hope doing better, from one Vet to another.

And yes pls for the itty bitty titties! Can't get enough of them. Have held firm in the faith you will come back. Will likely jump on your patreon on next update. :D
Well, Brother...as we are taught...gotta do what we gotta do. Still not even close to 100%...but well enough that i can do some work...but until i get the missing/corrupt assets dealt with...i cannot do some of the renders needed for v.0.4.

I have it coded, but with the corrupt assets...DAZ actually crashes so hard my computer reboots. Hahah

I think I have most of them recovered tho. Missing some so far that I cannot find and can work around them.

I am glad I at least saved all the models I had already used. I just have to recreate some of the others that I was introducing from scratch.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Glad to see you getting back in the swing of things. Keep on keepin' on man!

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes