Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just remember to keep an eye on your limits and guard your borders, while working on the update. I am sure I speak for many if I say we will love to see it, but not at the expense of your health. :)

Reactions: Kendra Denimore

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Getting back to Week 4
Week 4 will probably be the last update I make before trying to incorporate the new ideas going forward. Once I get W4 done, I will go back and take care of the editing and retooling.

At that point, I seriously doubt any saves will work, because I am changing things up with new variables and choices. It will be retroactive. I will start on Week 1 with some new content to replace the old stuff I am removing.

I am absolutely making the focus on Jack. It will still not be a Point of View from him, but the Observer will get to make some critical choices at that point.

I am nearly done coding W4 and the patch that shall not be named, then I have to do the renders. I don't want to give an ETA, because I don't want to get people's hopes up just in case something happens to me.

My in-laws are out of the country, so I have to help out at the restaurant until 11MAY2019. Starting the week after I will be able to devote a lot more time to the game, hopefully. I am not going to overdo it, but I will make sure to work on this as much as I can until Week 4 is ready for release. After that, I am going to start digging into the changes.

As I promised...I am still here.

*also posted on my Patreon*
Make DAMN SURE you don't over extend yourself, damnitall... I've gone through the better part of a year of hell, worrying about your nekid ass, ya damn furry ape. *Blows a big kiss and tacklehugs ya* If you need help, you know where I am! :love:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Cait and her friends are going to be around. Both with and without the patch. Not going to spoil anything, but things will unfold as you follow Jack around.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Just wait until the next couple publishes hit, @Kendra Denimore

Cait was always demanding a bigger part...perhaps her dreams come true.

Muahahah

Spoiler Alert: Monster Futa Schlong

Seriously...No...That ain't happening...maybe.

• Wow

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Hahahahaah

No. Cait is precious to me. She's actually my favorite. I really want to expand her role, and not just with the patch.

• Love

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Kendra knocks on conference room door...
Kendra: " Hey BossMonkey... Ya got a visitor, shall I send her in to ya?"
Monkey: "Sure, I'm just reviewing backgrounds. Send her in."

Couple minutes later, door opens, Monkey hears highheels walking towards him, and as he turns...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Little gift for ya @Sural, *giggles and runs and hides in the server room*

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
For the record...I am still trying to get things sorted out. In-laws return Saturday night, so I can finally start putting some serious effort back into this development.

I have some changes, new additions, and completing Week 4 to go.

After that...I will start the revamp and adding choices and consequences.

Reactions: ThunderRob

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
While I am going thru all this with finishing Week 3 and the revamp...I was wondering if I should take the time and convert *ALL* images to JPeg from PNG...Thinking it might be worth the effort since Week 3 is already over a GB...

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
While I am going thru all this with finishing Week 3 and the revamp...I was wondering if I should take the time and convert *ALL* images to JPeg from PNG...Thinking it might be worth the effort since Week 3 is already over a GB...
If your going to convert then you should go with the newer type WebP.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
If your going to convert then you should go with the newer type WebP.
Wonder if my version of of Ren'py supports it. Might have to make sure. Might also need a plugin for Gimp...too cheap/lazy to deal with Photoshop

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Will check this game later, I hope the writing is as good as Light of my Life since this one doesn't have goblins :)

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Will check this game later, I hope the writing is as good as Light of my Life since this one doesn't have goblins :)
I am no expert...I guarantee it isn't the best out there, but my worker chimps are trying their best.

you should be able to export to webp, if you've updated to gimp 4.10...
Erm...Guess I should actually see what version I am running then. haha I haven't paid attention to that in a while.

*checked*
Uh... GIMP 2.10.6

Reactions: Rythan25

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Hmm... Ok, I'll look at mine and see what the f*ck is up with webp and Gimp and report back later, BossMonkey...

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I did it last night. After updating to the latest available Gimp...exported this image. I am redoing the Apartment.

This is the first image of the Apt Tour scene. As a PNG file it is like 5MB. The JPEG (below) is 2.71MB. The WEBP file (which this forum doesn't allow) is 0.98MB.

Reactions: asd33asd33 and Otyi

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. Week 1 rescripting complete. 2 of 5 renders done for the Apartment Tour. (note: it is just a few dialog changes along with the complete removal of Martin centered scenes)

Once that is done, I will move on to fixing up Week 2 and 3. Then I will finish up Week 4 and release. I will keep those that care updated. :D

*Also posted public on my Patreon*

Once I get Week 4 released, I will go back to trying to get 1 publish per month out.

website is online...ish.

I will always have the latest downloads there (at least for as long as I have the website)

Has Blogs, forums, and a page for Family Way with download links.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes