VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fantasy College [v0.2] [Visual Games Studios]

Cristhian68

Creating Games
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Well, that was super short, but I will try to be constructive with my criticism.
  • MC looks like a female body builder. His body is very muscular, but his face looks a bit feminine.
  • Some scenes looks like they have the renders out of order.
    • The scene where he is watching the girls at the gym, while he is running away, the order of the renders makes it look like he is moonwalking backwards.
  • Some conversations don't make sense. Not sure how it reads in its native language, but they are just non-sensical in English.
  • On the topic of language, the menu's don't change when you change the language in settings. Haven't played a game that defaulted to a language other than English before, so not sure if its supposed to.
  • The fake animations of a dozen-or-so images playing rapid fire would be better as a few renders showing slower. Instead of 12 images of them walking (sometimes is looks like they are walking in place for a few steps), 3-4 images where it looks like they've taken a couple steps in between or something. The way it is now feels like a "poor man's animation" and you can't really pay attention to each render on its own.
  • Grammar. A lot of sentences not starting with capitalization, no punctuation, and towards the end everything was in quotes.
Can't really say what I think of the game as this is basically just a demo, but this is just my two cents on it so far.
Good luck, devs!!
Thanks for the constructive criticism, yes we will try to improve, since we are still somewhat new to this and our goal is to improve.

Reactions: ryansFLYIN

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
I already answered the topic of harem, Ntr.

what are the planned tags?

Well for the moment

Confirmed pregnancy.

cheating,NTR possibly

well ntr? I am out especially if you not 100% sure you adding it or not.
if you want harem players adding ntr and harem is like oil and water, it don't mix. Even if it's optional if a girl is planning on cheating or thinking about it, it ruins the LIs etc or any ntr baiting. The only way i can see it working if the ntr was on a different path from the harem path etc instead of it being in choices or any baiting, dialog, intentions, ETC. But even then I recommend not trying to please everyone and pick a side you want to cater too. But it's your game you can do what you want. now netori? is fine but netorare is A NOPE. which i hope that's where the cheating tag comes in. Since you didn't flat out say it will be NTR you said possibly I will lurk the thread for now but overall it is a pass right now personally for me.

good luck.

Last edited:

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
One thing I would like to add to criticism, is for a language that has masculine and feminine in the majority of it, for some reason spanish speakers seem to have a hard time with gender in english, no idea why.

Masculine = He/Him, Feminine = She/Her. I am not trying to sound mean, but my very limited french and spanish was actually easy once I realized that all three languages use a very similar type of gender convention, but for some reason I can instantly tell when a spanish speaker is trying in english, because they always have the gender pronouns backwards, and in some cases randomly right in one sentence then completely opposite and wrong in the next.

Women (Mujeres) are the feminine, men (hombres) are masculine.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
LOL so many people already crying and shitting in their pants about the remote hypothesis that there could be some avoidable netorare of any girl made of pixels.
Male fragility is so cute.
You're going to have to deal with it or get the hell out of the thread if it bothers you so much. The dev is acting like giving a simple yes or no is some monumental effort.

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
Just a warning there is loud annoying music right out of the gate before you can mute it. That is if you can figure out the options menu. It stays in another language even if you choose English so you have to guess what is where in a non standard menu.
This why i mute laptop before i launch any games becos i know my ears will bleed lol

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
You're going to have to deal with it or get the hell out of the thread if it bothers you so much. The dev is acting like giving a simple yes or no is some monumental effort.
The developer could want to avoid spoilers or have other reasons. You and all scared people can simply wait for the game to progress and stop the constant preventive crying. It's annoying. I don't see people who hate rape tag (and we can agree, if you take VN so seriously, that rape is a lot more disturbing than NTR, right? Right?) infesting all threads like that, for example. You don't like a game, are you undecided? Skip it, wait, it's simple.
And leave some freedom to developers to write their own stories like they desire. With time, they will understand if they have reached their goals.
Learn from nazi people, they don't go in every thread asking "does this game contains sex with people of non-Arian races?". :KEK:

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
The developer could want to avoid spoilers or have other reasons. You and all scared people can simply wait for the game to progress and stop the constant preventive crying. It's annoying. I don't see people who hate rape tag (and we can agree, if you take VN so seriously, that rape is a lot more disturbing than NTR, right? Right?) infesting all threads like that, for example. You don't like a game, are you undecided? Skip it, wait, it's simple.
And leave some freedom to developers to write their own stories like they desire. With time, they will understand if they have reached their goals.
Learn from nazi people, they don't go in every thread asking "does this game contains sex with people of non-Arian races?". :KEK:
this is a thick take.

People are asking if this game with have NTR so they can decide if they want to avoid it or not...

Nothing is wrong with wanting to know what fetishes will be in it, or not.

this has nothing to do with SPOILORS about the story at all, And not one person asked about that, so idk what you're talking about.

So you telling me when you play a video game or watch a movie you don't want to know what it's about? You go in blindly? You don't look at the genre or what type of game or flick it is'? It's the same when it comes to VN.

People don't want to get hit with NTR or any other fetish going in blindly if they at first was enjoying it.

It is best if a dev is UPFRONT about what content and fetishes will be in it so he can get the audience he is looking for. Blindly not saying anything about what will be in the game does more damage than good.

Saying the VN will POSSIBLY have NTR in it, is not a clear enough answer. A clear YES or NO will do. And no NTR is the most DIVERSIVE thing on this site so comparing it to the RAPE tag when it can mean 2 or more things is not a comparison.
When it comes to NTR it can only mean 1 thing, And that's NETORARE(MC getting cucked.) It's no tag for NETORI, which means
the opposite. Netori most of the time is put with the CHEATING TAG, So yea a clear answer on if NTR will be in this VN is a easy YES or NO question, Simple as that. No one is asking the dev to change his vision or nothing, We just want to know what
are the future tags and what kinks will be in it, or avoidable.

People want to know what they are getting into, And what to expect, No one here is asking for story spoilers bud.

If you cannot take people asking what everyone ask when it comes to VNs, Then I guess that is a YOU problem with all due respect.

Have a good day.

Last edited: