Unreal Engine Abandoned Fap-Life [28-01-2019] [Likkezg]

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
Either development hell or an abandoned game.
Mostly likely development hell, I think he will at least release an update this year. But I've seen on twitter that there are other people working with him, at least by commission. If he really plans to start making his own game, maybe after a solid foundation he will set a team or open a Kickstarter,

I don't think he is the kind of guy that is milking his patreons out of laziness or bad faith but just a very ambitious guy trying to take a step bigger than his leg. At least he is not amateurish.

hligahudiaunf

Feb 5, 2019
Mostly likely development hell, I think he will at least release an update this year. But I've seen on twitter that there are other people working with him, at least by commission. If he really plans to start making his own game, maybe after a solid foundation he will set a team or open a Kickstarter,

I don't think he is the kind of guy that is milking his patreons out of laziness or bad faith but just a very ambitious guy trying to take a step bigger than his leg. At least he is not amateurish.
I think it is not so wrong to make step bigger than leg, even bigger then whole body, but you still should release something every 3-6 month, there are a lot of animations and content that was showed on patreon, why not release them?
When I am making something I aslways try to separate release version on 10 parts and I make these parts as a finished projects, nobody can predict when you will lost interest/time/value to finish whole project

Last edited:

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
I think it is not so wrong to make step bigger than leg, even bigger then whole body, but you still should release something every 3-6 month, there are a lot of animations and content that was showed on patreon, why not release them?
When I am making something I aslways try to separate release version on 10 parts and I make these parts as a finished projects, nobody can predict when you will lost interest/time/value to finish whole project
From what I've seen on Yiff, he turned off pledges until he releases a new build. I don't know if he turned on again but at least 2 months he didn't take any money but I will assume he didn't. I don't know what it's his plans for the next build but until now he just released a proof of concepts with a few animations on a test room and with the whole reboot thing after HL: Alyx I guess he wants to release a proper demo after all this time.

In the Patreon he said he found a VA and a music composer, I know he also has been working with another 3D artist so here pretty much is building a dev team, also the mysterious "Mo-cap test" post that implies acting. Only time will tell what will be of the next build

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Sounds exciting and worrying at the same time. It'll be risky to try and get the game on a scope that big, but if he builds a good team and can get proper funding on Patreon it could be a game of similar quality to Wild Life. If it's going to get that ambitious I think it'd be best to take it in a more original direction to avoid a possible DMCA from Valve.

ZithL

Jul 14, 2018
It feels like this little project became an AAA title done by only one person
I was sitting in their discord for a little while, and I do remember Likkezg saying that he wouldn't post another build until it "looked triple A quality" or something of that nature when someone asked if he'd post a build in May.

theguy123456

Nov 14, 2018
Suprised no one brought this up but check out likkezg's twitter. He got into an argument with his partner and has stopped working with him, and from what i've seen the partner was the main one holding up development.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
If I had to guess, it was that animation of Alice (new Alyx), crawling on their knees towards the camera, put up on Likkezg's Discord, a few days ago.

Likkez apparently got himself a mocap suit, did the crawling himself, and then applied it to Alice.

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
Suprised no one brought this up but check out likkezg's twitter. He got into an argument with his partner and has stopped working with him, and from what i've seen the partner was the main one holding up development.
I've read the drama but Tiaz has nothing huge to do with Fap-Life, yes he was planned to work on some stuff (mainly sound and music, that likkerzg already found a guy for it) but Likkerzg was holding that drama for about 3 years (so I doubt Tiaz was handling anything important since Likkerzg was already not trusting the guy) and their biggest project together was unrelated to Fap-Life.

theguy123456

Nov 14, 2018
I've read the drama but Tiaz has nothing huge to do with Fap-Life, yes he was planned to work on some stuff (mainly sound and music, that likkerzg already found a guy for it) but Likkerzg was holding that drama for about 3 years (so I doubt Tiaz was handling anything important since Likkerzg was already not trusting the guy) and their biggest project together was unrelated to Fap-Life.
Ah i see, I thought i read on likkezg's website that tiaz took 3 months to do a prevision on the game. That doesn't necessarily mean it was his fault that fap life is taking so long though so thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: MoreNow

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
For me when he decided to screw "HL" stuff from this mostly the real Alyx being replaced by that.."Alice" killed it for me..

All this because a new "HL" game released.. -_- what a dumb excuse..

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes