Unity Far East [v0.54a] [Beetle Roid]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the fast answer. I didn't know that you already had planned a rating system, nice though.

As for the seperate food stock, it would be nice when the food would be in the same order as in the other menues.

I played some more and if it helps, i noticed that the bug where customers get stuck only seem to trigger when you talk to the waitress.
The waitress seems like to be bugged a little anyway. For example, you cannot change shoes and when you talk to her, the "status bar" on the top (affection and so on) that is shown is from the other girl. You have to push the back button to see her stats.

I also understood the naming of the savefiles now. I just saved ingame on day 4 and since it was day 4 of this month, i misinterpreted the meaning. Wouldn't be a full date better? Since when you continue to play the game exactly 1 month later, it is easy to mess up with the save files.

I have one other issue though, it's the movement. For me it's ok, even though i don't like it tioo much. But i can imagine that when playing on android or when someone has some issues with his motoric skills, moving can be really painfull. Maybe it would be easier if the target you have to hit would be a little bigger and a simple circle.

Sorry for so much negative input, but i wouldn't take the time to write that much if i wouldn't think your game is worth it. I really like it so far.
The lighting looks nice by the way.
- Status bar update issue noted. will fix it on today's bugfix.
- Save file date format will be changed to in-game days instead of real days.
- Movement. I know :) . I'm researching alternative methods which appeal both pc and mobile platforms.
- Shoes are bugged as hell. its due to cloth changing sub-system limitation. currently it only support 4 cloths per slot and 4 slots. due to that, i have implemented another instance of cloth changing system. but, im not happy with it and currently checking a new system which can accommodate unlimited cloths and 5 slots. it will be released only for the new char (Sara - Manager) first and then for others.
- Customers getting stuck was not noted before. Thats a new bug and will work on it asap.

Thanks for your time testing this. really appreciate your input! :D

Reactions: Klausus and NickNo

anextour

Jul 30, 2017
Infernal movement on the mouse.
Date the ability to control the keyboard or the ability to interact with an entire location from one point.
I tried to play it twice and I dropped it.
A hundred clicks, and the character stands still, as if hitting an invisible wall.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Date the ability to control the keyboard or the ability to interact with an entire location from one point.
A hundred clicks, and the character stands still, as if hitting an invisible wall.
Im working on nav improvements. :)

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
It took me a while to figure out, but you need to click the "check" icon under the blue ball after you've clicked a place to walk to.

Not sure if thats what you meant with not being able to move, but it took me a while to find out after spam clicking.. Now I just need to figure out how end the day..

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
It took me a while to figure out, but you need to click the "check" icon under the blue ball after you've clicked a place to walk to.

Not sure if thats what you meant with not being able to move, but it took me a while to find out after spam clicking.. Now I just need to figure out how end the day..
walk to the bed -> sleep

Reactions: Etar

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
You guys are awesome. trying out my game without a read me or tutorial.
Im creating a sort of tutorial and will be published with 0.3x when it goes public
thanks again :D

Oh, and 0.3x have a critical bug, save game backward compatibility, fixed.
with this, you will be able to progress the game with your current saves even on newer versions of the game.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
You guys are awesome. trying out my game without a read me or tutorial.
Im creating a sort of tutorial and will be published with 0.3x when it goes public
thanks again :D

Oh, and 0.3x have a critical bug, save game backward compatibility, fixed.
with this, you will be able to progress the game with your current saves even on newer versions of the game.
Should be pretty quick to write.

Gameplay:
Right click on the ground and then click the check mark to confirm movement.
Hold left mouse button to move camera.
Move close to the bed to be able to sleep and regenerate stamina.
Green bar at the bottom is player stamina, it drains from interacting with employees.
Move close to employees to talk.
- Continue to do "Friendly" until other talk options unlock, clothes can be changed after stats are high enough.
Food spoils over night if theres no fridge yet.
Move close to customers near the computer to see what food they want.
The more food is unlocked, the more difficult the game becomes as customers want different kinds of food.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Ok, i did some more testing to get the lewd scene.
I noticed that customers also get stuck when talking to the chef, not just the waitress as i thought before.

I think it is way to much grinding and the sex scene is somewhat disappointing for that much effort.
I needed about 40 or 50 ingame days to buy verything available in game. Then i just skipped every day and just talked to the girls. It was about day 140 and i managed to raise stats of the waitress to 200/200/100 and the chef 150/200/1. I started with the waitress, since i didn't know that the scene is only available for the chef.

My conclusion:
- At first it confused me that you can raise stats above 100, i assumed 100 is max. That's not a bad thing so, since it gives the option to implement more advanced stuff later on
- There should be some "ordinary" stuff in between, like ass groping, tits groping, kissing and so on. Then the player is rewarded for his efforts and knows that he made some progress. But i assume you already planned for that
- Instead of just having a scene, maybe those scenes should also have a game impact. Like raising the stats of the girl. That would decrease the amount of grind needed and give an actual reason (game wise) to do such things
- i imagine there will be more than 2 girls in the future. Then there would be even more grinding. Maybe the clothing should increase stats on a daily basis, like being topless +1 lust or something like that (Clothing could be unlocked through talking with her instead of just buying something). There could also be clothing for the MC, furniture and similiar buyable stuff that raises stats of every girl on a daily basis
- As for the grinding itself, i assume the dialogue isn't really finished as it is. It's repetitive and boring since you have to click a lot to raise affection by 1 and the text is always the same. But even if there were more variations, i don't think people who play a game like this want to read a lot
- Another idea for cutting some of the grind would be to give the girls some kind of personality. For example the waitress could be more outgoing than the chef and therefore it is easier to raise Affection while talking to her (2 instead of 1 for example). You could add such informations in the section where you can hire the girls, like for example, "Mia is an outgoing and charming girl who is always open for a nice chat."
- I don't know if it will fit into you game concept, but you could make the process in which you decoy one of the girls a little quest like. For example when she reached a fixed number in a certain stat, you could get something like "I think i wont get further with talking, maybe i should buy her something nice." (... "that Top she talked about")

Reactions: New-01

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Ok, i did some more testing to get the lewd scene.
I noticed that customers also get stuck when talking to the chef, not just the waitress as i thought before.

I think it is way to much grinding and the sex scene is somewhat disappointing for that much effort.
I needed about 40 or 50 ingame days to buy verything available in game. Then i just skipped every day and just talked to the girls. It was about day 140 and i managed to raise stats of the waitress to 200/200/100 and the chef 150/200/1. I started with the waitress, since i didn't know that the scene is only available for the chef.

My conclusion:
- At first it confused me that you can raise stats above 100, i assumed 100 is max. That's not a bad thing so, since it gives the option to implement more advanced stuff later on
- There should be some "ordinary" stuff in between, like ass groping, tits groping, kissing and so on. Then the player is rewarded for his efforts and knows that he made some progress. But i assume you already planned for that
- Instead of just having a scene, maybe those scenes should also have a game impact. Like raising the stats of the girl. That would decrease the amount of grind needed and give an actual reason (game wise) to do such things
- i imagine there will be more than 2 girls in the future. Then there would be even more grinding. Maybe the clothing should increase stats on a daily basis, like being topless +1 lust or something like that (Clothing could be unlocked through talking with her instead of just buying something). There could also be clothing for the MC, furniture and similiar buyable stuff that raises stats of every girl on a daily basis
- As for the grinding itself, i assume the dialogue isn't really finished as it is. It's repetitive and boring since you have to click a lot to raise affection by 1 and the text is always the same. But even if there were more variations, i don't think people who play a game like this want to read a lot
- Another idea for cutting some of the grind would be to give the girls some kind of personality. For example the waitress could be more outgoing than the chef and therefore it is easier to raise Affection while talking to her (2 instead of 1 for example). You could add such informations in the section where you can hire the girls, like for example, "Mia is an outgoing and charming girl who is always open for a nice chat."
- I don't know if it will fit into you game concept, but you could make the process in which you decoy one of the girls a little quest like. For example when she reached a fixed number in a certain stat, you could get something like "I think i wont get further with talking, maybe i should buy her something nice." (... "that Top she talked about")
Thanks for all the suggestions. Most of those things are planned for the future. The main reason to implement a dialogue system is to give MC to have some meaningful convo and trigger certain unique scenes. Currently I'm working on it. 0.4 will be focused heavily on convos.

As for grinding for affection, I was going to implement a gifting system. But that didn't turned out well. But will implement in future.

Thanks again.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Should be pretty quick to write.

Gameplay:
Right click on the ground and then click the check mark to confirm movement.
Hold left mouse button to move camera.
Move close to the bed to be able to sleep and regenerate stamina.
Green bar at the bottom is player stamina, it drains from interacting with employees.
Move close to employees to talk.
- Continue to do "Friendly" until other talk options unlock, clothes can be changed after stats are high enough.
Food spoils over night if theres no fridge yet.
Move close to customers near the computer to see what food they want.
The more food is unlocked, the more difficult the game becomes as customers want different kinds of food.
I was doing some in game tutorial of sorts. :)

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.33 published for all on and

0.4 will be published tomorrow evening for patreons.

Reactions: NickNo

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.40 posted for patrons.
Fixed some bugs like customers immediately leaving, incorrect or messed up timings and other dependencies.
each NPC has its own AI now. they will act independently from each other, except while in convo.

Manager AI was implemented. few animations added.

tried to add audio but sounded horrible. I have disabled sounds for now. maybe will enable in 0.45.

0.4x will focus on interactions like convos and animations.
expect few big content updates in coming days :D

hope you will enjoy this.

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
0.40 posted for patrons.
I cannot talk to the new character. Buttons are there, energy is full, nothing happens. Values remain "1".
Cook bot settings still not saved.

The clothing menu stays open, after selecting "naked" and going to actions.
1615315220961.png

Reactions: New-01

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
I cannot talk to the new character. Buttons are there, energy is full, nothing happens. Values remain "1".
Cook bot settings still not saved.

The clothing menu stays open, after selecting "naked" and going to actions.
View attachment 1075891
Interactions with new char is being fixed. she is using the new UI and had some issues with it.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes