Unity Far East [v0.54a] [Beetle Roid]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Im fixing an animation bugs atm. will post the bugfix 0.31 soon, as in today soon :)

Dec 15, 2020
You got something good here. I know its only first release but the grind is super heavy could do with things to mix it up the loop. Keep it up!

Reactions: New-01

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.31 posted.

Fixes
- AutoCook production is somewhat fast
- AutoCook product stock monitoring bugfix
- Animation(s) fix
- Scroll speed fix

Pls report bugs

Reactions: NickNo and Kingvlad

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Small development oversight. I forgot to reset affection and lust levels of emps. fixing it.
working on save game backward compatibility issue.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Save game backward compatibility issue fixed. fix will be implemented with 0.32 tonight or tomorrow morning :)

Reactions: NickNo

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.32 posted.

Fixes
- Save game backward compatibility
- Amanda Cloth change failure

May 12, 2018
I dont know if anyone else is running into this issue or if its just me but the waitress won't give the food to those who sat down and it's honestly just a waste to get her.
Also whenever im in the shop and I switch between the sections. The names will be mismatched, it'll show me one of the upgrades over the clothing or even the food names over the clothing.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Interesting game, could be a good one when more advance. First thing i noticed is, the download has only v0.22, but you write here something about version 0.31, 0.32 ... you mean on patreon?

As for the game, so far i only bought a phone and a fridge, this is what i noticed:
- no pause? I had that sometimes when i played C64 back then, i thought since then it's standards (except for consoles of course)
- it would be nice to increase the amount of selected food with shift+leftMouseButton by 5 or 10
- Food amount you have in store. Why not display it on top of the screen? Would be way more comfortable
- In the cook food screen, i hate the scrolling. I would be better to have rows with several dishes displayed, then there would be no scrolling
- each save after the first one seems to take the day of the first save. For me my saves all said day 4
- about 1 or 2 out of ten customers that sit at the table just leave right after they sat down. Maybe the timeframe is too short
- I miss Sounds. Don't underestimate the importance of sounds in a game. I worked several years in a gambling house and one of the reasons people get addicted that fast to those machines are the sounds they make. Some ideas: A cash sound when money is added, a ding-dong when a customer enters the shop, some clanking and sizzle sounds while cooking is going on. Maybe even a radio (that could be bought)

Apart from that i like the mechanics. But since a day goes on forever, there is no need to serve table customers. Maybe they could pay a little more than other customers, like 1 or 2 credits on top of the bill.
I don't know if other customers leave while waiting, but it never happened to me (maybe they should leave too after a while?).

Another idea would be to add restaurant stars (or fame). To get a star, you need to serve customers before they leave. This adds a number, when a critical number is reached, you get a star. You could get several stars, but also lose them.
In addition to that, customers become more demanding. You could either link it to the stars or increase demands depending on days in game. Then they want to have addtional dishes (even when the player hasn't unlocked the recipie yet).
That means, when a customer enters your restaurant and you cannot serve the food he (she) wants, you lose some fame. The demands could even go farther, like having the staff dressed in a special way (more nude?), having decoration, getting sexually served and so on.
The reward for the stars could be additional furnishings, clothings or whatever that could be bought, more interactions with customers/staff, customers (meshes) that didn't visit you restaurant before show up now or just a little more money for sold dishes.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
I dont know if anyone else is running into this issue or if its just me but the waitress won't give the food to those who sat down and it's honestly just a waste to get her.
Also whenever im in the shop and I switch between the sections. The names will be mismatched, it'll show me one of the upgrades over the clothing or even the food names over the clothing.
Yes. That's because clothes/emp hiring is a separate system integrated in to the same UI. I'm planning to fix that soon.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Interesting game, could be a good one when more advance. First thing i noticed is, the download has only v0.22, but you write here something about version 0.31, 0.32 ... you mean on patreon?

As for the game, so far i only bought a phone and a fridge, this is what i noticed:
- no pause? I had that sometimes when i played C64 back then, i thought since then it's standards (except for consoles of course)
- it would be nice to increase the amount of selected food with shift+leftMouseButton by 5 or 10
- Food amount you have in store. Why not display it on top of the screen? Would be way more comfortable
- In the cook food screen, i hate the scrolling. I would be better to have rows with several dishes displayed, then there would be no scrolling
- each save after the first one seems to take the day of the first save. For me my saves all said day 4
- about 1 or 2 out of ten customers that sit at the table just leave right after they sat down. Maybe the timeframe is too short
- I miss Sounds. Don't underestimate the importance of sounds in a game. I worked several years in a gambling house and one of the reasons people get addicted that fast to those machines are the sounds they make. Some ideas: A cash sound when money is added, a ding-dong when a customer enters the shop, some clanking and sizzle sounds while cooking is going on. Maybe even a radio (that could be bought)

Apart from that i like the mechanics. But since a day goes on forever, there is no need to serve table customers. Maybe they could pay a little more than other customers, like 1 or 2 credits on top of the bill.
I don't know if other customers leave while waiting, but it never happened to me (maybe they should leave too after a while?).

Another idea would be to add restaurant stars (or fame). To get a star, you need to serve customers before they leave. This adds a number, when a critical number is reached, you get a star. You could get several stars, but also lose them.
In addition to that, customers become more demanding. You could either link it to the stars or increase demands depending on days in game. Then they want to have addtional dishes (even when the player hasn't unlocked the recipie yet).
That means, when a customer enters your restaurant and you cannot serve the food he (she) wants, you lose some fame. The demands could even go farther, like having the staff dressed in a special way (more nude?), having decoration, getting sexually served and so on.
The reward for the stars could be additional furnishings, clothings or whatever that could be bought, more interactions with customers/staff, customers (meshes) that didn't visit you restaurant before show up now or just a little more money for sold dishes.
Hi!!

- Pause is bit difficult to implement. Will check on it.
- Pressing shift to increase the count is a good idea. Ill check on it next version.
- Cooking menu will be updated soon. current UI has some issues which will be addressed with the new UI
- the reason i added a separate food stock UI is that im planning to add more items in future. I'd like to keep HUD clean :)
- Customers leaving immediately is not due to timing. its because all of the customers are controlled by a single entity (i call it the NPCBrain). Sometimes the variable to trigger next state messes up. I already have a solution to that, but haven't tested it yet.
- Sounds!! Yes.
- Original idea was to serve dine in customers with separate custom dishes. but that was put on hold since animations and other core stuff was pointed as more important. but yeah. they will pay more in future.
- Rating system was disabled intentionally. it will be enabled when i add the second floor.
- Item purchasing and furnishing is down on my to do list. thats why i havent went with baked lights (visuals on baked lights are almost realistic, but you cant add stuff like decors later on)

I will post few snaps how baked lighting looks like later.

Reactions: Klausus

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Both of these issues are being fixed.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Hi!!

- Pause is bit difficult to implement. Will check on it.
- Pressing shift to increase the count is a good idea. Ill check on it next version.
- Cooking menu will be updated soon. current UI has some issues which will be addressed with the new UI
- the reason i added a separate food stock UI is that im planning to add more items in future. I'd like to keep HUD clean :)
- Customers leaving immediately is not due to timing. its because all of the customers are controlled by a single entity (i call it the NPCBrain). Sometimes the variable to trigger next state messes up. I already have a solution to that, but haven't tested it yet.
- Sounds!! Yes.
- Original idea was to serve dine in customers with separate custom dishes. but that was put on hold since animations and other core stuff was pointed as more important. but yeah. they will pay more in future.
- Rating system was disabled intentionally. it will be enabled when i add the second floor.
- Item purchasing and furnishing is down on my to do list. thats why i havent went with baked lights (visuals on baked lights are almost realistic, but you cant add stuff like decors later on)

I will post few snaps how baked lighting looks like later.
Thanks for the fast answer. I didn't know that you already had planned a rating system, nice though.

As for the seperate food stock, it would be nice when the food would be in the same order as in the other menues.

I played some more and if it helps, i noticed that the bug where customers get stuck only seem to trigger when you talk to the waitress.
The waitress seems like to be bugged a little anyway. For example, you cannot change shoes and when you talk to her, the "status bar" on the top (affection and so on) that is shown is from the other girl. You have to push the back button to see her stats.

I also understood the naming of the savefiles now. I just saved ingame on day 4 and since it was day 4 of this month, i misinterpreted the meaning. Wouldn't be a full date better? Since when you continue to play the game exactly 1 month later, it is easy to mess up with the save files.

I have one other issue though, it's the movement. For me it's ok, even though i don't like it tioo much. But i can imagine that when playing on android or when someone has some issues with his motoric skills, moving can be really painfull. Maybe it would be easier if the target you have to hit would be a little bigger and a simple circle.

Sorry for so much negative input, but i wouldn't take the time to write that much if i wouldn't think your game is worth it. I really like it so far.
The lighting looks nice by the way.

Reactions: New-01
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes