Unity Far East [v0.54a] [Beetle Roid]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Not sure why but I lost all progress from 0.16a to 0.2 only the money and some food stock came over?

Employess, upgrades, reciepes all gone.
It's a major overhaul on the base logic. Previous version saves may not be compatible. But you can edit the save file. It's unencrypted

Reactions: BaasB

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Guys, I'd like your feedback and bugs found please.
I'v already started on 0.21 and will contain new stuff and interactions (more info on itch/patreon).

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
So far no hard bugs.
Some text and icons are offset:
1614073583442.png
1614073678864.png

The "products" list does not have a scrollbar, the cook list has one.

Scrollwheel support would be nice for:
- Scrolling lists
- Set the amount of stuff to cook (eg: click into the box and scroll up/down)

The waiter could get a task / upgrade to "auto serve" guests as long as food is in stock.
The cook could get a task / action to keep a stock of at least 15 items. (Auto cook if below and enough money)

Day/Night cycle should end/start a day.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
So far no hard bugs.
Some text and icons are offset:
View attachment 1050054
View attachment 1050055

The "products" list does not have a scrollbar, the cook list has one.

Scrollwheel support would be nice for:
- Scrolling lists
- Set the amount of stuff to cook (eg: click into the box and scroll up/down)

The waiter could get a task / upgrade to "auto serve" guests as long as food is in stock.
The cook could get a task / action to keep a stock of at least 15 items. (Auto cook if below and enough money)

Day/Night cycle should end/start a day.
Products list will be implemented as a scrollable menu.
Waiter auto serve AI is being worked out.
Auto cook feature will be implemented as an upgrade.

Apart from that, I'm going to change the toon shader to normal one on 0.21. let me know if it looks better or not.
Thanks for suggestions.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
URP default shader. shall i stick to this or revert back to toon shader (which i used before) ?

11.PNG

Reactions: lesil

FrankT

Jun 17, 2018
You seem pretty quick with updates, i like the concept of the game.
But ill wait until there are some big updates till i play again.
Keep up the good work!

Reactions: New-01

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
I like this (non toon) more. But I suppose others won't so if you can, give it an option in the game settings ;)
im not sure if unity can change the shader while game is running. but will try.
anyway, im going to use this default shader rather than toon shader :)

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.21 published for patrons. it uses unity URP default shader for char models and added another customer.
dialogue is still disabled since it needs more work.
0.21 will be available for free on 26th Feb 2021 unless new major bugs reported on 0.2.

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
0.21 published for patrons. it uses unity URP default shader for char models and added another customer.
dialogue is still disabled since it needs more work.
0.21 will be available for free on 26th Feb 2021 unless new major bugs reported on 0.2.
Looks and works good.
Think the dine in customers are a little buggy:
1) Sometimes they come and go without eating something. They sit down, sit some seconds and stand up to leave. (I have a lot of items in stock.)
2) Sometimes (very rare) they aim for the same sitting location. usually happens if one customer is about to leave and the other wants the same spot.
3) If the waiter serves the speach bubble sometimes stays and I think I have to do something.

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
Maybe one more bug. Sometimes clicking the green bubble at the counter does not do anything.
Like here:
1614151985445.png

I clicked it like 10 times, the customer did not get anything and did not leave. (Stock was 49)
As soon as a second customer came to the counter, asking for pizza, clicking its bubble resulted in the other customer being served as well.

---

Oh and now I just had the opposite thing:
3 customers were waiting in line. I served 2 of them and the third left without me clicking the bubble.

I think it is the new customer model that is buggy, its bubble / events are wired to the other blonde girl.

Last edited:

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Maybe one more bug. Sometimes clicking the green bubble at the counter does not do anything.
Like here:
View attachment 1051509

I clicked it like 10 times, the customer did not get anything and did not leave. (Stock was 49)
As soon as a second customer came to the counter, asking for pizza, clicking its bubble resulted in the other customer being served as well.

---

Oh and now I just had the opposite thing:
3 customers were waiting in line. I served 2 of them and the third left without me clicking the bubble.

I think it is the new customer model that is buggy, its bubble / events are wired to the other blonde girl.
Yup. It's because I copied the customer brain to the new model from existing one. Variables may be referring to the other one.
Body may be different, but brain thinks it's someone else. I'll fix it soon.

Just finished up the dialogue system.

Reactions: NickNo

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
Can someone please provide instructions? The game just throws you in. So far I figured out how to prepare food but I can't figure out how to actually give it to the customer.

Edit: Just realized the customer is supposed to just get the meal. I have like 3 customers standing here who won't take food that's ready. This game seems flawed.

Last edited:

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Can someone please provide instructions? The game just throws you in. So far I figured out how to prepare food but I can't figure out how to actually give it to the customer.

Edit: Just realized the customer is supposed to just get the meal. I have like 3 customers standing here who won't take food that's ready. This game seems flawed.
Lack of readme or tutorial is really a bummer. I'll address that soon.
Basically, you have to click on customer bubble to complete the order. If bubble is red, you don't have stock what they are asking. Green is you have stock.

Give me a day to publish the new version which contains much more stuff and game play elements.

Thanks for your update. I will improve this.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.22 published for patrons. This contains the new dialogue system. (still bare bones, but functional :) )
0.21 will go public tomorrow. it will be available for free on my itch and patreon pages.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes